RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some interesting new features
  • New Range and Event Editing functions [Pro/Artist]
  • Plug-in Report [Pro/Artist/Elements/LE/AI]
  • Safe Start Mode after unexpected exit [Pro/Artist/Elements/LE/AI]
  • Colorize Selected Channels [Pro/Artist/Elements/LE/AI]
  • Key commands added for Grid Types [Pro/Artist/Elements/LE/AI]
  • Use Video Follows Edit mode no longer shortens the Project Cursor [Pro/Artist/Elements/LE/AI]
  • Remove Multiple Busses [Pro/Artist/Elements/LE/AI]
  • Enhanced Direct Offline Processing [Pro/Artist/Elements/LE/AI]
  • Adjustable Event Opacity
  • Improved Editing for Level Meters [Pro]
More about fixed bugs etc in the release notes:
https://new.steinberg.net/cubase/release-notes/

Download:
https://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id=14935&L=1

They didnt fix, nor even discuss fixes or timelines for, the ASIO internal processing overload issue that happens on various platforms using hyperthreading and virtual cores. They *still* havent pinned any posts about it, or put up any bulletins advising people workarounds. The workaround, for most people who experience the issue, is to disable all virtual cores. Grrr.

aaaaaaah Shiteinberg

They seem to have sharpened the menu fonts, and at least Cubase now seems to remember it's colour scheme between launches.
As for the ASIO thing, they recommend turning off the Suspend Vst3 When No Activity option, which is now Off by default.
The Transport bar is still crap - with the same options I had in 9.5 the dumb bar is wider than my (2560 pixel) screen. :dog:
And bring back the menu underlines fer chrissakes.

The update is appreciated. I'd pay more for more frequent updates and fixes if that is what it would take.

Googly Smythe wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:06 pm They seem to have sharpened the menu fonts, and at least Cubase now seems to remember it's colour scheme between launches.
As for the ASIO thing, they recommend turning off the Suspend Vst3 When No Activity option, which is now Off by default.
The Transport bar is still crap - with the same options I had in 9.5 the dumb bar is wider than my (2560 pixel) screen. :dog:
Thanks for the suggestion, but Ive been dealing with this... for 2 months, and I am a 30 year net/sysadmin and custom builder. Ive tried every suggestion they've made, and nothing but fully disabling hyperthreading works but they wont address that on their forums.

Ive, lol, compiled a list of over 20 threads on their forum with people complaining about this, and many have not even been replied to. Im *pissed* at steinberg, but not because the ASIO overload issue exists and that they are having a tough time with it, but that they are covering up the issue on their forums, and telling people they are alone in dealing with it.

Update did nothing to address this. I hear some people benefit from the "suspend VST3 when no input" thing, but that does nothing for me. : /

Scotty wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:14 pm The update is appreciated. I'd pay more for more frequent updates and fixes if that is what it would take.
You would.... pay steinberg more... for more updates and support... if that's what it takes?? Wow.... they love to hear that, lol. You should go post on their forums with that attitude. =P

Mouse modifier for vertical zoom and mouse wheel scroll
Come on!!!

Milkman wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:47 am
Googly Smythe wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:06 pm They seem to have sharpened the menu fonts, and at least Cubase now seems to remember it's colour scheme between launches.
Thanks for the suggestion, but Ive been dealing with this... for 2 months, and I am a 30 year net/sysadmin and custom builder. Ive tried every suggestion they've made, and nothing but fully disabling hyperthreading works but they wont address that on their forums.

Ive, lol, compiled a list of over 20 threads on their forum with people complaining about this, and many have not even been replied to. Im *pissed* at steinberg, but not because the ASIO overload issue exists and that they are having a tough time with it, but that they are covering up the issue on their forums, and telling people they are alone in dealing with it.

Update did nothing to address this. I hear some people benefit from the "suspend VST3 when no input" thing, but that does nothing for me. : /
Afaik deactivating that hyperthreading can help, but also have a look at that "HPET" setting in mainboard. I read that there can be some problems with "nervous" asio behaviour, so i deactivated this to see if it will bring some advantages.

Please avoid that power plan from steinberg (if activated)! It does core parking ! Use at least that high power plan, i have ultimate power plan running to be on the "safe side" (can only be activated in a power shell session afaik). Not 100% sure but my research tells me my core parking can be a problem , if cores are reactivated from parking some plugins can behave weird and result in weird asio loads.

Bring back the old transport bar. I hate this new wide thin one. What's the point with that one? Is this something users have asked for? I doubt it.

Daimonicon wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:57 am Bring back the old transport bar. I hate this new wide thin one. What's the point with that one? Is this something users have asked for? I doubt it.
I was beginning to think that I was the only one thinking this. :tu:

Daimonicon wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:57 am Bring back the old transport bar. I hate this new wide thin one. What's the point with that one? Is this something users have asked for? I doubt it.
Yeah, the transport is problematic. Most of the time, I hit F2 to hide it, and only call it when necessary.
Fernando (FMR)

Milkman wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:47 am
As for the ASIO thing, they recommend turning off the Suspend Vst3 When No Activity option, which is now Off by default. :dog:

I forgot to add the "dog" emoticon.

auron wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:44 am Please avoid that power plan from steinberg (if activated)! It does core parking ! Use at least that high power plan, i have ultimate power plan running to be on the "safe side" (can only be activated in a power shell session afaik). Not 100% sure but my research tells me my core parking can be a problem , if cores are reactivated from parking some plugins can behave weird and result in weird asio loads.
Btw. is there an app or option to enable a different powerplan for a specific app automatically?

4damind wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:09 am
auron wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:44 am Please avoid that power plan from steinberg (if activated)! It does core parking ! Use at least that high power plan, i have ultimate power plan running to be on the "safe side" (can only be activated in a power shell session afaik). Not 100% sure but my research tells me my core parking can be a problem , if cores are reactivated from parking some plugins can behave weird and result in weird asio loads.
Btw. is there an app or option to enable a different powerplan for a specific app automatically?
Only a little app i found that is powerplanswitcher , looks like a helper but no automatically:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/power ... verviewtab

Before windows10 there was an app called "fullthrottle" but afaik this will work only vista/win7 .

Instead of this i have my little shortcut of energyoptions on my desktop, this is ok for me to use...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”