Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

zvenx wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:28 pm Until he himself answers, I have only seen him use Cubase 6.X in all his walkthrus.

Always curious why he stuck with 6.

rsp
I know but he is also a longtime FL Studio user. Mirko Ruta also seems to primarily work with FL Studio.

Its not Cubase 6.x

its Cubase 5.5

even earlier than I thought..... Curious to know why you stuck with that version. Nothing at all in the new versions for you at all?
rsp
sound sculptist

I know it in and out. It works stable, I can test Avenger on older DAWs, and I dont like the colors, look of newer versions + I dont need any of their "new" features to make music. Its all there in 5.5.

20Loop2.jpg
its taking shape...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

👏 I think this piano roll design in DRM SQ would also make sense in ARP section. DRM SQ has always been easier to work with for me, with better workflow.

Ohlson_M wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:17 am 👏 I think this piano roll design in DRM SQ would also make sense in ARP section. DRM SQ has always been easier to work with for me, with better workflow.
I posted that suggestion for improvement in the facebook group some months ago, too. Then it would be a polyphon arpeggiator ...

Hello fellow members!
A participation for a Scoring Competition. All tracks except a few, are Avenger.
Hope you like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcBH3PeLEd4

@msvs: I don't know if this is usefull to you but what I miss in Avenger build right now is the ability to just bounce/take out sounds like drag/drop audio out. For example if I load a Sequence and I really like a bass synth in there I have to either delete all other stuff playing or mute other sounds (which has still impact on the cpu) or solo is and record it which for me isnt that good of a workflow. Especially on the drums I would appreciate if I could just select i.e. the open hat of the SQ and drag and drop it into the DAW. On synth I probably want to automate stuff anyways but on drums I find myself wishing for something like this all the time.
On more suggestion: I sometimes try to understand patches and I really have trouble finding out where macros etc. are routed, so that would be cool if you can just see it if you hover over with the mouse like in serum. Maybe there is an easy way but I was to stupid to find it.

Tendou wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 3:30 pm @msvs:
On more suggestion: I sometimes try to understand patches and I really have trouble finding out where macros etc. are routed, so that would be cool if you can just see it if you hover over with the mouse like in serum. Maybe there is an easy way but I was to stupid to find it.
Yes, that would be very handy!

...over 800 pages in this topic :D

clipnotic wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:42 am
Ohlson_M wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:17 am 👏 I think this piano roll design in DRM SQ would also make sense in ARP section. DRM SQ has always been easier to work with for me, with better workflow.
I posted that suggestion for improvement in the facebook group some months ago, too. Then it would be a polyphon arpeggiator ...
:tu: It would also be a 11/10 synth instead of ”only” a 10/10 synth. Hope to see it in Avenger 2.0.

Tendou wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 3:30 pm @msvs: I don't know if this is usefull to you but what I miss in Avenger build right now is the ability to just bounce/take out sounds like drag/drop audio out. For example if I load a Sequence and I really like a bass synth in there I have to either delete all other stuff playing or mute other sounds (which has still impact on the cpu) or solo is and record it which for me isnt that good of a workflow. Especially on the drums I would appreciate if I could just select i.e. the open hat of the SQ and drag and drop it into the DAW. On synth I probably want to automate stuff anyways but on drums I find myself wishing for something like this all the time.
Kind of similar to what I asked on the previous page;

"would it be possible to have the option to right click on an oscillator layer tab and have something like 'delete all others'? As it is, I have to go through all the other layers and delete them one by one to leave only the one layer that I want to keep."

Never got a response.

m-ac wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:23 pm
Tendou wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 3:30 pm @msvs: I don't know if this is usefull to you but what I miss in Avenger build right now is the ability to just bounce/take out sounds like drag/drop audio out. For example if I load a Sequence and I really like a bass synth in there I have to either delete all other stuff playing or mute other sounds (which has still impact on the cpu) or solo is and record it which for me isnt that good of a workflow. Especially on the drums I would appreciate if I could just select i.e. the open hat of the SQ and drag and drop it into the DAW. On synth I probably want to automate stuff anyways but on drums I find myself wishing for something like this all the time.
Kind of similar to what I asked on the previous page;

"would it be possible to have the option to right click on an oscillator layer tab and have something like 'delete all others'? As it is, I have to go through all the other layers and delete them one by one to leave only the one layer that I want to keep."

Never got a response.
not a bad solution and on top of this you should be able to take out audio especially on the drums (like in Kick2) so it should be possible. However I'm not a programmer and I dont know how hard it is to progamm stuff like this. Anyways dont be mad if you dont get answers, I bet the developers read this stuff here since they care about the community I think bc they are pretty active here.

edit:/ Oh I got another suggestion. The ability to copy pages of the arp to a new one so it's easier to build variations of pattern.

Tendou wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:47 pm edit:/ Oh I got another suggestion. The ability to copy pages of the arp to a new one so it's easier to build variations of pattern.
Already possible. However, the ability to copy and move notes inside an ARP page in the same way as in the DRM SQ would speed up workflow by a lot. The ARP has definitely room for improvement. IMO, it’s the main achilles heel of this, otherwise, incredible synth.

Ohlson_M wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:11 pm
Tendou wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:47 pm edit:/ Oh I got another suggestion. The ability to copy pages of the arp to a new one so it's easier to build variations of pattern.
Already possible. However, the ability to copy and move notes inside an ARP page in the same way as in the DRM SQ would speed up workflow by a lot. The ARP has definitely room for improvement. IMO, it’s the main achilles heel of this, otherwise, incredible synth.
how do I copy the notes of page 1 of the ARP to page 2?

Return to “Instruments”