Melodyne 5 released, post examples inside.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Upgrade policy is a bit weird, they have on separate lines...

Upgrade from Studio 4 = 149E
Upgrade from Studio 3 or older = 149E

Surely the upgraded from 4 should be cheaper or why separate them?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:26 am Upgrade policy is a bit weird, they have on separate lines...

Upgrade from Studio 4 = 149E
Upgrade from Studio 3 or older = 149E

Surely the upgraded from 4 should be cheaper or why separate them?
That's nothing. At some point yesterday (maybe even today on some sites) you could effectively upgrade from Studio 3 for $49! That's because any purchase of v4 since March is treated like a free upgrade to 5.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Upgrade cost for Studio 4 owners seems off to me, there are a few nice refinements, but nothing that makes this essential for me. Looks like Studio One integration may be having a few problems as well, be interesting to see if S1 5 comes with melodyne essentials 5 as standard in the very near future...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Upgrade price is too high, indeed. I bet there will be a good BF deal as always.

How are people finding the levelling algorithm? I'm always interested in ways to make my compressors work less hard...

Not a $149 value purchase for me right now... sorry... Although, those de-Essing and levelling features do look very useful... :tu:

Maybe in a future sale.
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

Sampleconstruct wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:18 pm Checking out some of the new features in Melodyne 5 (Studio/Standalone) using a speech recording of my own voice as example. This thing is now even more crazy and a great sound design tool. Syllables and tonal component are detected and the noisy components keep their pitch when transposing notes, the balance between noise and tonal can easily be adjusted, fades can easily be applied, leveling notes is now very easy, great update!

https://youtu.be/V3dJJavBuJk
Nice, this sort of manipulation reminds me of Charles Dodge's Story of our Lives, which I would have heard back in the late 70s - first time I had heard anything like it and really loved it

I wish Melodyne gave access to parameters in the sound editor for automation - that would be incredible for sound design

HitnMix Infinity looks a lot more fun and creative though, more likely to get my cash than than the Melodyne Studio upgrade
Amazon: why not use an alternative

fairlyclose wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:15 pm I wish Melodyne gave access to parameters in the sound editor for automation - that would be incredible for sound design
Indeed, I had been waiting for that ever since version 4 when they introduced the sound design tools, recoding live on disk while manipulating is a workaround though.

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:10 pm HitnMix Infinity looks a lot more fun and creative though, more likely to get my cash than than the Melodyne Studio upgrade
The main issue is the complete lack of information with Infinity
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

fairlyclose wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:15 pm I wish Melodyne gave access to parameters in the sound editor for automation - that would be incredible for sound design
Yeah, especially If they could find a way to enable live banded overtone manipulation through CCs.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Keith99 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:36 pm Could be the ultimate de-esser tool..
After spending more time with it today throwing all sorts of vocal and other sources at it I think, it is a very good de-esser as the separation between noisy and tonal components is so accurate and the leveling tools are so fast to use. Also for speech recordings with a lot of ssssss and shhhhh and krrrrrr this new feature is an incredibly fast cure.

Bug Music wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:03 pm
jochicago wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:38 pmAlso, I believe anyone that has Essentials registered (maybe in the last 12 months or so) gets a free upgrade to Essentials 5, log in to your account and check.
Wow, thanks for the heads up, you are correct on that.

I registered version 4 of Essentials back in 1/19, and just noticed I was eligible for free upgrade to 5 !
Just log into your Celemony account to check.

Nice one Celemony, thanks !!

- Jay
I registered mine in December 2018 and noticed today I could upgrade to 5, I got it free with Studio One if that makes any difference ?

The upgrade is free for all essential owners.
It is only the other theirs that have to pay for the upgrade.

Ah I see well that's somewhat generous of them!

Return to “Effects”