Sugar Audio Sawrizor soft synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sawrizor

Sugar Audio wrote:Sawrizor is an all-round saw synthesizer, that combines two high quality saw oscillators by mixing different generators for each oscillator, resulting in a matrix of recorded and hand made audio material of the last decades and unique new saw combinations. Both units have voice unison features with detune, mix and other sound fattening abilities.

The sub oscillator adds punch and more character to the sound. Chorus, delay and reverb effects enrich the sound with depth.

Sawrizor is aliasing free where necessary and allows up to 8x oversampling for high SNRs. Analogue sounding resonance/damp filters and an EQ complete the clearness of the digital synthesizer!
http://www.sugaraudio.com/wp-content/up ... wrizor.mp3

Hmm... so what do y'all think... does it sound sweet to your ears?
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

First read "sugar bytes" and got excited, since there'd be a big chance for us to get something unique.
But then I read it correctly and meh.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:13 am First read "sugar bytes" and got excited, since there'd be a big chance for us to get something unique.
But then I read it correctly and meh.
Aw, c'mon now... who needs something "unique" when you can instead have something "innovative" (and "sweet", tooth)?
Last edited by tonedef71 on Sun May 24, 2020 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Hey, please give it a try, especially concidering the price point. I'm sure it only >sounds< sweet and you will keep your teeth... :)
Sugar Audio - Sweetest Audio Plugins
http://www.sugaraudio.com

Hi Sugar Audio.
I tested your synth, liked the oscillators but not the filter.
The delay is wild and the reverb quite nice.

But how do I uninstall the VST?

8x oversampling kills my 2nd gen i5 with ease!
The average bored guy

I really like this. Quick, easy, and fun. 4x oversampling is the sweet spot for me, but 2x sounds good too. The interface is intuitive and thoughtfully laid out. Not crazy about that pea soup green color, but maybe it will grow on me. Would be great if we could change the colors like in Oscarizor (a great analyzer!) Keep giving us fun little synths like Sawrizor, Sugar Audio - like pieces of candy. Sometimes it's nice not having to think too hard about a gazillion options, limitations can be good sometimes.

bite_me wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 7:57 pm Hi Sugar Audio.
I tested your synth, liked the oscillators but not the filter.
The delay is wild and the reverb quite nice.

But how do I uninstall the VST?

8x oversampling kills my 2nd gen i5 with ease!
Thanks for the compliment. To uninstall on win easily do it at "programs & features" in system panel, on macOS just delete it from Library folder... but why ? :)

Absolutely normal to kill your i5 with 8x ovs, maybe 2x11 + sub osc unison voices x up to 6(?) polyphonic notes. You are playing more than hundred aliasing free voices with a maximum ovs multiplicated with your sample rate, also the effects including the hq reverb are oversampled. :hihi:
evo2slo wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 3:20 am I really like this. Quick, easy, and fun. 4x oversampling is the sweet spot for me, but 2x sounds good too. The interface is intuitive and thoughtfully laid out. Not crazy about that pea soup green color, but maybe it will grow on me. Would be great if we could change the colors like in Oscarizor (a great analyzer!) Keep giving us fun little synths like Sawrizor, Sugar Audio - like pieces of candy. Sometimes it's nice not having to think too hard about a gazillion options, limitations can be good sometimes.
Thanks again for this great feedback. That was the intention: a good sounding out-of-the-box one-screen synth with few controls but a workhorse under the hood. :) The colours are (technically) very easy to change, maybe I will do an evo2slo edition. :wink:

Sugar Audio wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 4:46 pm Absolutely normal to kill your i5 with 8x ovs, maybe 2x11 + sub osc unison voices x up to 6(?) polyphonic notes. You are playing more than hundred aliasing free voices with a maximum ovs multiplicated with your sample rate, also the effects including the hq reverb are oversampled. :hihi:
If you oversample the effects at the same rate as the oscillators then I would strongly consider to change it. I think for time based effects like delay and reverb it should not be necessary as they should not alias much if there's no heavy modulation on it.
Passed 303 posts. Next stop: 808.

BlitBit wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 6:54 pm
Sugar Audio wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 4:46 pm Absolutely normal to kill your i5 with 8x ovs, maybe 2x11 + sub osc unison voices x up to 6(?) polyphonic notes. You are playing more than hundred aliasing free voices with a maximum ovs multiplicated with your sample rate, also the effects including the hq reverb are oversampled. :hihi:
If you oversample the effects at the same rate as the oscillators then I would strongly consider to change it. I think for time based effects like delay and reverb it should not be necessary as they should not alias much if there's no heavy modulation on it.
Yes, I could do that. But the effects (for the sum of all voices) have much less impact than the ~ 100 polyphonic osc voices. Also, my engine has (theoretically) the possibility to activate a limiter at the end of the signal chain. Oversampling would make sense there.

Theme support is on the way... :)
Themes.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nice :) So that means we can make our own themes? Not that i know how to do that though lol :lol:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Yes, these themes will be included but you can create/change own theme files with colours of knobs, buttons, the 4 panel rows separately, background and text. :) It's not hard...

Great thanks :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Sugar Audio wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:50 pm Yes, these themes will be included but you can create/change own theme files with colours of knobs, buttons, the 4 panel rows separately, background and text. :) It's not hard...
Looking forward to the color customization!

One other change to consider for the next update would be the time knob of the delay. 0 to 1000ms happens over such a short span of the knob it can be tricky to dial in a useable setting. Maybe it doesn't need to be a linear increase?

evo2slo wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:08 pm
Sugar Audio wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:50 pm Yes, these themes will be included but you can create/change own theme files with colours of knobs, buttons, the 4 panel rows separately, background and text. :) It's not hard...
Looking forward to the color customization!

One other change to consider for the next update would be the time knob of the delay. 0 to 1000ms happens over such a short span of the knob it can be tricky to dial in a useable setting. Maybe it doesn't need to be a linear increase?
Did you try to drag the mouse while the shift key is pressed ? This should help. But I will have a look at it anyway.

Return to “Instruments”