Welcome Back to Reaper!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've started using Reaper again after putting it to the side for over two years and it's refreshing to see how pretty much everything I want it to do is a config setting away. Sure it takes some time to set everything up how I like it but the end result is worth the effort. Reaper is not for everyone but it sure has a place in my music production arsenal right along with Cubase Pro, Studio One Pro, Bitwig, and Live.

My favorite DAW at the moment happens to be Reaper with Bitwig coming in at a close second place. :phones:
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

have you tried reaper?

You should try Bitwig.

Bingo! Within 3 posts too!

:phones: Who let the trolls out :phones: :dog:
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

summer2000 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:52 pmReaper is not for everyone but it sure has a place in my music production arsenal right along with Cubase Pro, Studio One Pro, Bitwig, and Live.
I really don't see why you'd need Reaper if you have - and use - those 4. There's already lots of overlap and you're only increasing it.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 3:16 pm
summer2000 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:52 pmReaper is not for everyone but it sure has a place in my music production arsenal right along with Cubase Pro, Studio One Pro, Bitwig, and Live.
I really don't see why you'd need Reaper if you have - and use - those 4. There's already lots of overlap and you're only increasing it.
I'm a stickler for workflow and functionality but so far I haven't found the one DAW that has all the features that meets my requirements. Reaper and Studio One come the closest. I'm hoping once S1 v5 is released I'll be able to stick primarily with it based on the new features or switch my focus to Reaper instead.

I'm gone for good. No need to welcome me back. Thanks though. :oops:

chk071 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:50 pm I'm gone for good. No need to welcome me back. Thanks though. :oops:
It's all about the music. Have fun with whatever tool you use. :phones:

summer2000 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:14 pm :phones: Who let the trolls out :phones: :dog:
Have you tried Ardour?

Real tape is more Pro.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Did anyone already mentioned REAPER? And Bitwig? Damn...

Well, IMO you should buy a Mac and get Logic Pro X - That's the real deal - the one and only Pro, and what the real Pros use. Everyone knows you aren't a real Pro unless you use a Mac and Logic Pro. :hihi:

Or else Studio One Pro (which is also Pro) :shrug:
Fernando (FMR)

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:16 pm Real tape is more Pro.

Reel......tape.......

To everyone suggesting I use some other DAW: obviously my original post went way over your heads. Go back and read it. :roll:

summer2000 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:52 pm I've started using Reaper again after putting it to the side for over two years and it's refreshing to see how pretty much everything I want it to do is a config setting away. Sure it takes some time to set everything up how I like it but the end result is worth the effort. Reaper is not for everyone but it sure has a place in my music production arsenal right along with Cubase Pro, Studio One Pro, Bitwig, and Live.

My favorite DAW at the moment happens to be Reaper with Bitwig coming in at a close second place. :phones:
This a kind of implausible statement:
No mention of Reeper in his signature :dog:
... and no Bidwig :dog: :dog:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”