Phase Plant released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Already? Time flies, happy birthday, Phase Plant! :)

And that's a really nice price on Phase Plant, I would have bought directly if it weren't because I'm already in a subscription.

Unless I get a great upgrade price of course, I think It's only 3 snap-ins and Phase Plant I don't have. Need to log in and check :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Oh noes, two payments from getting a €100 voucher, and my upgrade price is €108,40. Bad timing :(
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 7:03 pm Unless I get a great upgrade price of course, I think It's only 3 snap-ins and Phase Plant I don't have. Need to log in and check :)
You should get a pretty tasty upgrade price if you're only three plugins short of a full pack!

starflakeprj wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 7:07 pm Oh noes, two payments from getting a €100 voucher, and my upgrade price is €108,40. Bad timing :(
The vouchers can't be used in conjunction with promotional discounts so you're not really missing out on an €8.40 upgrade deal. :wink:

StuSmith wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:07 am
starflakeprj wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 7:07 pm Oh noes, two payments from getting a €100 voucher, and my upgrade price is €108,40. Bad timing :(
The vouchers can't be used in conjunction with promotional discounts so you're not really missing out on an €8.40 upgrade deal. :wink:
Aha, that makes sense :)

It's a bit of a bargain at $99, well worth grabbing. I started with just the basic version and I've been grabbing more snap-ins when they go on sale (usually for half price). So over the last 6 months I've built up a good range of things to throw in there. Of course, it's a clever sales model because after I spent the initial $99, I've probably spent another $100 or more on snap-ins. But when you are only spending $30-$40 at a time, you don't notice.

I also like the way Kilohearts run their business. They update everything at once which makes it really easy to keep track of versioning and stay up to date.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I tried the demo of this, realised its not for me after a 15 minute try. After I uninstalled it it left numerous empty folders in 3 locations. This is something a hate about demos/vsts in general. If it is uninstalled, nothing should be left behind.

breakmixer wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:45 am I tried the demo of this, realised its not for me after a 15 minute try. After I uninstalled it it left numerous empty folders in 3 locations. This is something a hate about demos/vsts in general. If it is uninstalled, nothing should be left behind.
I mentioned this to the devs and they agree and will look into doing something about it... some of that stuff is license info so you can reinstall without hassles but that's not really relevant if you just trialed it... they'll probably add a "Delete everything totally 4-evah pls" button, or something like that.

StuSmith wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:51 pm
breakmixer wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:45 am I tried the demo of this, realised its not for me after a 15 minute try. After I uninstalled it it left numerous empty folders in 3 locations. This is something a hate about demos/vsts in general. If it is uninstalled, nothing should be left behind.
I mentioned this to the devs and they agree and will look into doing something about it... some of that stuff is license info so you can reinstall without hassles but that's not really relevant if you just trialed it... they'll probably add a "Delete everything totally 4-evah pls" button, or something like that.
I've been doing a tidy up of my PC and even updated stuff like Arturia leaves remnants of old stuff deleted, so Kilohearts aren't the only ones who are guilty of this, some even leave behind the .dll's? I usually have to go in and manually look for stuff to delete, then years later whilst sorting out something else find other old stuff hidden. I'm installing BFD 3 upgrade(from discontinued ECO) now after clearing the rest of my products from them(Sold yesterday on KVR), before I did I uninstalled everything FXpansion related to make sure I get a 100 clean install of just BFD3 and this time the full(not light) versions of the 3 expansions I own. I usually have a purge and upgrade session once a year. It's that time, plus checking out the new movements in VST land.

For some reason I can't get into these modern wavetable synths, I've tried Pigments, Kilohearts and a couple of others and I just feel meh, think I just like samples, analog, FM mainly, though I seem to like what I hear from Microfreak, Wavestate, Peak, Old Ensoniq Transwave in hardware(I don't own them btw) - so I do like digital stuff(I think the Wavestation VSTi is great too). But I can't put my finger on it why I dislike these modern Wavetable VSTi's. They all seem to sound similar too...from my limited demo tryouts that is.

I'm not a big fan of wavetable synthesis either, but that's why I like Phase Plant -- it's way more than just a wavetable synth. For example, the FM possibilities are endless; you can do wild FM routings in it. You can even make a sample do audio-rate modulation of synth parameters.

Smapti wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:32 pm I'm not a big fan of wavetable synthesis either, but that's why I like Phase Plant -- it's way more than just a wavetable synth. For example, the FM possibilities are endless; you can do wild FM routings in it. You can even make a sample do audio-rate modulation of synth parameters.
TBH I just preset surfed it and was wubbled into the wall behind me, when I tried the pads - playing the second 3/4 note chord with the first still decaying brought my CPU to it's knees and started glitching, something I've not experienced for years. I've always thought buying hardware for digital was a bit daft, but now even VSTi digitals and not just VA's can be CPU intensive.

Was just a reminder how sound aesthetics is a very personal thing. I tried to like it for the second time but it wasn't my cup of tea soundwise. And it seemed to use quite a lot of cpu on my system.
Rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Thu May 28, 2020 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

I dont like their business model :? but after demoing PhasePlant I coulnt resist the sale last year :oops: PhasePlant has one of the most intuitive modulation system. Compared to it's complexity, it's maybe the most intuitive plugin on the market. Loading PhasePlant is like looking on an empty canvas. Transforming ideas into sounds is much easier with phaseplant then with some competitors ... and it's fun :party: Workflow and visual feedback are outstanding ... on the same level as Serum. Soundwise it's not in the same league as u-he but it's a good sounding plugin ... i love PhasePlant :love:

audiot wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:31 pm I dont like their business model :? but after demoing PhasePlant I coulnt resist the sale last year :oops: PhasePlant has one of the most intuitive modulation system. Compared to it's complexity, it's maybe the most intuitive plugin on the market. Loading PhasePlant is like looking on an empty canvas. Transforming ideas into sounds is much easier with phaseplant then with some competitors ... and it's fun :party: Workflow and visual feedback are outstanding ... on the same level as Serum. Soundwise it's not in the same league as u-he but it's a good sounding plugin ... i love PhasePlant :love:
What's not to like? There's certainly nothing controversial about it :shrug: In fact there's lots to love actually.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:47 pm
audiot wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:31 pm I dont like their business model :? but after demoing PhasePlant I coulnt resist the sale last year :oops: PhasePlant has one of the most intuitive modulation system. Compared to it's complexity, it's maybe the most intuitive plugin on the market. Loading PhasePlant is like looking on an empty canvas. Transforming ideas into sounds is much easier with phaseplant then with some competitors ... and it's fun :party: Workflow and visual feedback are outstanding ... on the same level as Serum. Soundwise it's not in the same league as u-he but it's a good sounding plugin ... i love PhasePlant :love:
What's not to like? There's certainly nothing controversial about it :shrug: In fact there's lots to love actually.
That Snapin-System feels a bit like these micro transactions in computer games. They should include the complete FX section, and if you like some of the effects and want to use them externally, then you have to buy them ... just my opinion :neutral:
Last edited by audiot on Thu May 28, 2020 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”