Arturia Keystep Pro

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bM3w wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:57 pm
consordini wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:50 pm Has anyone received theirs yet?
No, and by the time they ship it Arturia might already have a MKII version out :x
That's unfortunate. Are there any good reasons for it stated by Arturia, or is it one of those silent treatment situations?
Take care :wink:

I didn't order from Arturia directly, but a local shop. Who knows when they will receive a shipment and how many others have pre-ordered as well...

Got mine!

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:01 pm
Got mine!

/C
How are you finding it so far?
Take care :wink:

consordini wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:34 pm How are you finding it so far?
Big step up in build quality compared with the original Keystep. Easy operation. I haven't gone deep at all with it so far - mainly using it as a master keyboard for making sounds. What I really like so far is that you can re-order the order of the notes in a pattern with a simple shift-button press, which often gives an interesting alternative take on what you recorded.

I know that there is lots of moaning about bugs over at Gearslutz, but I haven't run into any showstoppers yet and I'm thinking of getting a second one. Really like it.

/C
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:03 am
consordini wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:34 pm How are you finding it so far?
Big step up in build quality compared with the original Keystep. Easy operation. I haven't gone deep at all with it so far - mainly using it as a master keyboard for making sounds. What I really like so far is that you can re-order the order of the notes in a pattern with a simple shift-button press, which often gives an interesting alternative take on what you recorded.

I know that there is lots of moaning about bugs over at Gearslutz, but I haven't run into any showstoppers yet and I'm thinking of getting a second one. Really like it.

/C
Did you have any timing issues? How do you connect the KSP? It seems like most of the issues over at gearslutz are somehow related to USB-Midi...

dermichl wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:12 amDid you have any timing issues? How do you connect the KSP? It seems like most of the issues over at gearslutz are somehow related to USB-Midi...
I haven't tried that to be honest. I am using it with USB yes, but mainly as a master keyboard. If the guys at Gearslutz says there is a latency it probably is. I'm using it so far on a very simple level.

I need a black model.
And a Keystep Pro Professional with more tracks.

God how much I love this little thing :pray:

Wait they arent really going to make a Keystep Pro mk2 are they?

Jkist wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:09 am Wait they arent really going to make a Keystep Pro mk2 are they?
I haven't read anything other speculative comments. I hope that they do. I find that 4 tracks on the Keystep Pro is limited and I have to sync my digitakt to it to get more sequencing channels. The digitakt has 8 sequencing channels but it is really optimized for beats. i'd really like to use just one workflow and not have to clock another device. Bring on the MK II - 8 channels would do with 2 of the 6 optimized for beats.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”