Essential & Useful Reascripts & Jsfx suggestion for reaper

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fairlyclose wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 5:49 am
Danilo Villanova wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:23 am Don't wanna be rude but your post sounds more like "concern trolling" that an actual moral concern. I apologize if I'm wrong ...
Been a long held view of mine that I have posted about, and taught about, over the last 5 or so years. The use of unpaid and cheap labour to subsidise software and online systems is a topic that has been raised by many people for many years.
yes, but many of those many people are complete idiots...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:37 am
Danilo Villanova wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:23 am Don't wanna be rude but your post sounds more like "concern trolling" that an actual moral concern. I apologize if I'm wrong ...
Been a long held view of mine that I have posted about, and taught about, over the last 5 or so years. The use of unpaid and cheap labour to subsidise software and online systems is a topic that has been raised by many people for many years.
not as stupid as some - anyhow f**k this place for a while

What kind of twisted logic is that? You make your DAW customizable, and extensible with user scripts, and then you complain about it not being free, just because the best functionality in your opinion was created by users?

Without the customizable and extensible DAW there wouldn't even be user scripts. :) Very strange argumentation. Cockos even developed the script language on their own.

fairlyclose wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:43 am
whyterabbyt wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:37 am
not as stupid as some
nah evidence suggests 'as stupid as it gets', really.
- anyhow f**k this place for a while
awwww, someone needs a hug.

Anyway, ontopic.

A coupla years ago, I found a Reaper theme with a sane plugin insertion button on the TCP, one that actually popped up a nice menu of my plugins like what other DAWs do (rather than just opening that fugly multi-mismatched-window FX chain abomination)

Anyone know what that was?

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:16 am Anyway, ontopic.

A coupla years ago, I found a Reaper theme with a sane plugin insertion button on the TCP, one that actually popped up a nice menu of my plugins like what other DAWs do (rather than just opening that fugly multi-mismatched-window FX chain abomination)

right-clicking the FX button will give you a menu of whatever folders you set up in the FX browser.

there's an option in prefs to auto-float new FX windows so that adding FX doesn't give you the monstrous FX chain window by default, but that's about it.

it definitely is an abomination and partly why I found the choice of a dark theme for default v6 a bit silly (besides having other beefs with the v6 theme). I definitely understand why some people just can't use it because of the UI - and no, custom themes aren't a solution to the FX wrapper.

As for people "choosing" to do this , understanding of both the psychology of motivation and the nature of exploitation has moved on a bit from that quite naive perspective
So, you know better than them who do it? It sounds like marxist bullcrap, which doesn’t deserve the time of day to be honest.

NERF_PROTOSS wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:58 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:16 am Anyway, ontopic.

right-clicking the FX button will give you a menu of whatever folders you set up in the FX browser.

there's an option in prefs to auto-float new FX windows so that adding FX doesn't give you the monstrous FX chain window by default, but that's about it.
yeah, but I'm sure I remember something distinctly different from that, specific to a particular theme. I hate menu systems for plugins that don't immediately respect my folder layout, and Im sure this did. Maybe I just imagined it.

But then, that's the gotcha to all that customisability. There's some useful stuff out there, but even if you can find it, if support stops, or its not compatible with some other thing in your skin or whatever, then features you grow to rely on can be cut out from under you. ReaMenus seems to have been abandoned prior to V6, it seems? This morning I found an interesting cable-style FX-patching thing that looked a thousand times more useful than the current FX dialog but its already been abandoned. Decent clean themes that never caught up with V5 let alone V6. That sort of thing.

Danilo Villanova wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:33 pm
So, you know better than them who do it? It sounds like marxist bullcrap, which doesn’t deserve the time of day to be honest.
keep the political factionism to HPC please.

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:36 pm
Sorry, but if you understood what this guy is saying you would know that he’s been promoting his political BS since his first comment. I’m calling him out for it and I told him that his political BS didn’t deserve the time of day, not trying to start a political debate like you imply I’m doing. Promoting discredited and obviously ideologically biased explotation theories on a DAW thread (of all places) is political propaganda. Calling him out for doing it it’s not.

Danilo Villanova wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:55 pm
Sorry, but if you understood what this guy is saying you would know that he’s been promoting his political BS since his first comment. I’m calling him out for it and I told him that his political BS didn’t deserve the time of day, not trying to start a political debate like you imply I’m doing. Promoting discredited and obviously ideologically biased explotation theories on a DAW thread (of all places) is political propaganda. Calling him out for doing it’s not.

Sorry, but if you understood
who the f**k are you to talk down to me about what I understand, sunshine?

your political bullshit doesnt belong here either. there's a place specifically for it, so f**k off there.

:o

Someone stroke a chord I see. :)

Don't worry though. It'll be gone quicker than you can spell Marx. Unlike the usual anti-Trump confessions.

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:56 pm
Sorry, but if you understood
who the f**k are you to talk down to me about what I understand, sunshine?

your political bullshit doesnt belong here either. there's a place specifically for it, so f**k off there.
Well, I’m your daddy! Go clean your damm room, you insolent brat!

And “sunshine”? Really?

The CRINGE!

Lol

chk071 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:59 pm :o

Someone stroke a chord I see. :)
That would actually be 'struck.' Good to see your command of English stays as good as your insight into, well, anything really.

And the guy he's wibbling about already stomped off sniffling after I ripped his comment a new one.

So what are you here for? Are you trying to pretend Im a Marxist, because that would be as f**king silly as your usual level of f**king silly, which is pretty f**king silly indeed.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”