Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

I was checking into more info on some Roland synths and found this on their website. It's a quick run-down of release dates and basic overview of the original hardware:

https://www.rolandus.com/blog/2014/02/1 ... ough-2013/

I've always been interested in getting about 4 of the Cloud instruments, but held off subcribing because I didn't like the idea of waiting 4 years to own them outright. Does this new Cloud system mean I can just buy a bunch of vsts without paying any subscription or waiting for years? Their FAQ says you can buy them now, but I couldn't find anything specific.

From the Roland Cloud Manager app:

Free Roland Account
INCLUDES
ZENOLOGY Lite software synth
Purchase Lifetime Keys for instruments, sounds, and patterns
30-day free trial of Ultimate with membership

Sound Packs
SDZ Collections $0.99 Each
Wave Expansions
EXZ Collections $19.99 Each
Virtual Instruments
D-50 $149.00
TR-808 $149.00
Juno-106 $149.00
Jupiter-8 $149.00
TR-909 $149.00
JX-3P $129.00
TB-303 $149.00
JV-1080 $129.00
XV-5080 $129.00
System-8 $129.00
System-1 $99.00
Promars $99.00
SH-101 $99.00
SH-2 $99.00
System-100 $129.00
Sound Canvas $69.00
SRX Collection: 10 titles $69.00 Each
from
https://www.rolandcloud.com/roland-account/memberships/
and clicking where it says 'LIFETIME KEY'

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Does this mean you can just buy say the D-50 singly and not need a Roland Cloud subscription at all now?

aMUSEd wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:23 pm Does this mean you can just buy say the D-50 singly and not need a Roland Cloud subscription at all now?
Yes.

Examigan wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:59 am From the Roland Cloud Manager app:

Free Roland Account
INCLUDES
ZENOLOGY Lite software synth
Purchase Lifetime Keys for instruments, sounds, and patterns
30-day free trial of Ultimate with membership
At last.... Think I'm going to head over to Roalnd and start with the Juno 106 :)

Thanks Examigan & WatchTheGuitar.

aMUSEd wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:23 pm Does this mean you can just buy say the D-50 singly and not need a Roland Cloud subscription at all now?
Can you buy the D-50 outright? Yes. Do you need to keep an active subscription? No. Do you need a Roland Cloud Account? Yes. Do you need to leave some Roland Cloud software running on your machine so it can check in every 7 days to check for authorization? I think so.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:08 pm
Can you buy the D-50 outright? Yes. Do you need to keep an active subscription? No. Do you need a Roland Cloud Account? Yes. Do you need to leave some Roland Cloud software running on your machine so it can check in every 7 days to check for authorization? I think so.
I've heard it's not 7 days anymore, it's longer. Not sure about the specifics but it's still not great. I've installed the software a couple weeks ago and already had to sign in when opening the plugins once and had some error with the Roland Cloud software requiring a restart as it wouldn't authorize. So it's a pretty annoying license system.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:47 pm
Yes.
That's good news.

Very

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:09 pm I've installed the software a couple weeks ago and already had to sign in when opening the plugins once and had some error with the Roland Cloud software requiring a restart as it wouldn't authorize. So it's a pretty annoying license system.
When i had the Cloud sub for a few months it happened twice that the Roland servers were down. Had to wait a few hours before i could start using the software again, and had to re-activate each instance in my project after that.
Plus one time my internet was down which meant i couldn't work with it either as these things always seem to happen when you don't need it :dog:

Serious workflow killer. Absolutely hate these phone home online license systems.
More BPM please

I know the XV-5080 has lot of waveforms and so it is more of what people call a ROMpler, but from what I've read it has lot of control for synthesis too. Does any one know if it includes any of the short attack-samples that are used in in the D-50?

Yes.
That's nice. The plugins are quite pricey though... but, hey, if it works for them.

Is there any way to trila the plugins? Through the Roland Cloud manager maybe?

chk071 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:37 pm

Yes.

That's nice. The plugins are quite pricey though... but, hey, if it works for them.

Is there any way to trila the plugins? Through the Roland Cloud manager maybe?

You could just get a 30 day full Roland Cloud sub to trial them all then cancel before they take the first payment.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Return to “Instruments”