Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AnX wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:39 pm
zvenx wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:44 pm I was sure it was going to be by today..
Alas :(
rsp

yeah, prob could have been if there hadn't been such an uproar about the gui, and some other ............

I am sorry, but I was told this would take ten minutes :neutral:
:)
rsp
sound sculptist

chk071 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:40 pm
Ingonator wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:32 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:21 pm Same thing is possible on the Arturia one.
That is true but it would not be included if it would be a pure 1:1 emulation of the OB-Xa...
FWIW this was already included before the Arturia plugin was released.
And it probably was included in the Arturia way before they released it. ;)

Anyway, I didn't want to imply anything by my post. I just wanted to say that... the Arturia has it too. ;) Which I find interesting. No judging.
But your reply did imply that i do not know it is also included in the Arturia plugin. FWIW I had been testing the demo version of Arturia OB-Xa V since it is available. On the other hand i had not really touched it for some days as i am too busy with OBession at he moment.

BTW the upcoming Behringer UB-Xa will includle a Triangle wave too besides some other features not found in the real OB-Xa (but in the OB-X/OB-8).
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:02 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:40 pm
Ingonator wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:32 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:21 pm Same thing is possible on the Arturia one.
That is true but it would not be included if it would be a pure 1:1 emulation of the OB-Xa...
FWIW this was already included before the Arturia plugin was released.
And it probably was included in the Arturia way before they released it. ;)

Anyway, I didn't want to imply anything by my post. I just wanted to say that... the Arturia has it too. ;) Which I find interesting. No judging.
But your reply did imply that i do not know it is also included in the Arturia plugin.
No, not at all. I was just stating that it's also possible in the Arturia emu, which I found quite interesting - that it's implemented in both emulations.

Anyway, I think it's nice to have, as it broadens the sonic palette.

I'm sure we hit the 100 pages count before this is released.
Interesting.

Calenberger wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:09 pm I'm sure we hit the 100 pages count before this is released.
Interesting.
No difference from Dune 3 then.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:11 pm
Calenberger wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:09 pm I'm sure we hit the 100 pages count before this is released.
Interesting.
Well, we have a lot of time currently...

v1o wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:11 pm
Interesting.

or Zebra 3, until he locked the thread after 7 years :lol:

(but unlike that, this isn't an official thread)

AnX wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:14 pm or Zebra 3, until he locked the thread after 7 years :lol:

(but unlike that, this isn't an official thread)
Zebra 3 is the monster of Loch Ness in Pluginland!

Not to forget the third synth of the U-He Berlin Modular series...

Seems like every OB-series emulation added Crossmod and Triangle osc waveforms. Glad they weren't left out here. The Behringer hardware clone looks to have gone a step further than even the software makers by including many of the "page 2" functions of the OB-8, which is kind of interesting in and of itself. Would be rad if those were hidden away on the back panel of OBsession.

Currently certain new features are implemented and tested that were not included in version used in the teaser video.

After some discussions at the beta forum some refinements and/or changes of the GUI are currently checked/tested by Richard while it not certain which ones will be included in the final version.
At the end it is up to Richard to decide how it will look and further GUI suggestions here at KVR are not really necessary at the moment You can do that when the plugin was released.

The overall size and shape of the GUI will not change so it will not look similar to the Arturia GUI for sure.
Last edited by Ingonator on Fri May 29, 2020 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I do wonder.. will the unison mode be "poly unison"?

Not many VSTi I know can do "good" poly unison (for me it's ideally something that's simple to use, the voice mapping in Diva can get tedious).

SiliconDeath wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:52 pm I do wonder.. will the unison mode be "poly unison"?
I doubt it. It would be strange if the whole architecture is based on 8 voices just to make the unison polyphonic then.

Ingonator wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:51 pm further GUI suggestions here at KVR are not really necessary at the moment
thats not your call

ppl are quite welcome to say whatever they want. it's a public forum and they are potential customers

SA are free to to ignore it, or take it on board

Can't imagine what 8 voices per note times 8 notes polyphony would do to a CPU. Unless your imaging that kind of divide-down unison where it remains 8 voices with each note of polyphony getting an equal share (thinking Behringer Poly-D unison mode here). So don't think this will have poly unison.

Return to “Instruments”