Strange behaviour after installing StudioRack

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've recently installed Waves StudioRack. My DAW is Reaper. For unknown reason, after this installation a new shortcut in Windows Start Menu was created, named Waves Offload, which points to my Reaper. And also when I run Reaper (I usually start it from Windows taskbar icon), it is seen as other program - another Reaper icon is shown on taskbar, which is named Waves Offload. Like the original Reaper was not run, only this Waves Offload (which actually is Reaper) with Reaper icon. That's a strange behaviour! Did anyone experienced that?
It feels like Waves wants to take control over my Reaper :lol:
And also, when I right click on this new Reaper/Waves Offload icon, it shows only recently opened projects after installation of StudioRack. This seems like a minor thing, but it's a little strange.

Just checked - same thing here.

Offloading is a special configuration for connecting to SoundGrid DSP and using it for processing instead of your CPU. You can read more about it in the StudioRack manual.
No signature here!

Got that too with Reaper (V5.99) Windows 10
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

you can just delete the 'waves offload' shortcut in "%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" and you'll then find the 'proper' reaper shortcut shows and works in the start menu

waves central will recreate the 'offload' shortcut periodically (as far as I can tell whenever a host does a re-scan of the waves plugins)

Return to “Effects”