Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:36 pm Seems like every OB-series emulation added Crossmod and Triangle osc waveforms. Glad they weren't left out here. The Behringer hardware clone looks to have gone a step further than even the software makers by including many of the "page 2" functions of the OB-8, which is kind of interesting in and of itself. Would be rad if those were hidden away on the back panel of OBsession.
what are they, i cant see from that image (it's also an OB 8, so may not have got the attention)

AnX wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:02 pm
Ingonator wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:51 pm further GUI suggestions here at KVR are not really necessary at the moment
thats not your call

ppl are quite welcome to say whatever they want. it's a public forum and they are potential customers

SA are free to to ignore it, or take it on board
I agree, but if Richard is indeed changing the GUI and we (at least the greater, "non-beta tester" version of "we") don't know what the new GUI looks like, then I guess there really is no point on commenting at the moment. Not until we can see what's been done.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:05 pm
Ingonator wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:51 pm further GUI suggestions here at KVR are not really necessary at the moment
thats not your call

ppl are quite welcome to say whatever they want. it's a public forum and they are potential customers

I agree, but if Richard is indeed changing the GUI and we (at least the greater, "non-beta tester" version of "we") don't know what the new GUI looks like, then I guess there really is no point on commenting at the moment. Not until we can see what's been done.

im not saying he should up every version here to get approval (that's not even successful at the beta forum :hihi:) I'm saying it's not up to one person who just tests the software to decide what other ppl can or cannot say on a diff forum :wink:

AnX wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:05 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:36 pm Seems like every OB-series emulation added Crossmod and Triangle osc waveforms. Glad they weren't left out here. The Behringer hardware clone looks to have gone a step further than even the software makers by including many of the "page 2" functions of the OB-8, which is kind of interesting in and of itself. Would be rad if those were hidden away on the back panel of OBsession.
what are they, i cant see from that image (it's also an OB 8, so may not have got the attention)
Check here:

https://encyclotronic.com/uploads/95002 ... 71a477.pdf

There's a whole section on the Page 2 controls beginning on page 31.

Short version: lots of LFO options mostly. Invert, quantize, phase, LFO speed keytrack, LFO mod envelope for modulating the speed of the LFO and even delaying it, then also some glide and portamento options.

f**k me, now I've downloaded.... could av warned me

AnX wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:09 pm im not saying he should up every version here to get approval (that's not even successful at the beta forum :hihi:) I'm saying it's not up to one person who just tests the software to decide what other ppl can or cannot say on a diff forum :wink:
Yes, I totally agree with you there.

AnX wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:13 pm f**k me, now I've downloaded.... could av warned me
Downloaded the PDF I linked to? Opens in a new browser window here. :shrug:

yeah, my phone does that, annoying as F!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:05 pm
thats not your call

More or less this was exactly the point of my post.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Just in case that this part of my post was ignored:
Ingonator wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:51 pm Currently certain new features are implemented and tested that were not included in version used in the teaser video.
I am talking about major features there, not small changes.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:22 pm Just in case that this part of my post was ignored:
Ingonator wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:51 pm Currently certain new features are implemented and tested that were not included in version used in the teaser video.
I am talking about major features there, not small changes.
He’s building in a switch to emulate the Behringer emulation, isn’t he? Emu-ception at its best! **

** can’t wait for Behringer’s emulated emulation of the emulator! Muahhahahajahababa!!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:02 pm Can't imagine what 8 voices per note times 8 notes polyphony would do to a CPU.
Dune 3 handles the task quite well with reasonable CPU demand.

Dune 3 052920.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:19 am
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:02 pm Can't imagine what 8 voices per note times 8 notes polyphony would do to a CPU.

Dune 3 052920.png
The Legend is an analog modeled synth, which I don't believe Dune 3 is. What's 8 voices on The Legend do to a CPU? What's that multiplied by 8? That may be a better comparison.

Teksonik wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:19 am

Dune 3 052920.png
D3 uses the differential unison engine to reduce CPU.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:03 am The Legend is an analog modeled synth, which I don't believe Dune 3 is
Dune 3 isn't modeled after any analog hardware synth which is probably why it sounds so good and is my favorite VA. However it does have analog modeled Filters.
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:03 amWhat's 8 voices on The Legend do to a CPU? What's that multiplied by 8?
The Legend doesn't have Polyphonic Unison which is the subject of discussion.
v1o wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:16 am D3 uses the differential unison engine to reduce CPU.
Please cite your sources that the differential unison engine is primarily designed to reduce CPU and how the same developer could not apply some of that knowledge in applying Poly Unison in OBsession.

For the record I don't care if OBsession has Poly Unison or not but there is no technical reason why it couldn't and have reasonable CPU demand. No it wouldn't run on a Pentium 4 but I imagine it would run well on any fairly recent CPU. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”