Cubase and Groove Agent SE Problems

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Duplicate
Last edited by tony10000 on Fri May 29, 2020 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah, I am disappointed in their focus on copy protection and their lack of support. That is why Ableton is my primary DAW. The copy protection is not burdensome and they are consistently addressing bugs and providing updates.

Milkman wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:38 pm Yup. Steinberg sure have put a lot of time and effort into heavy duty copy protection, and imo not enough into various outstanding issues, from the workflow-breaking bugs to annoying, persistent minor bugs.
The people who develop the copy protection aren't the ones developing their audio software. Arguing that its development takes away from their audio software features is nonsense.

chk071 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:40 pm
Milkman wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:38 pm Yup. Steinberg sure have put a lot of time and effort into heavy duty copy protection, and imo not enough into various outstanding issues, from the workflow-breaking bugs to annoying, persistent minor bugs.
The people who develop the copy protection aren't the ones developing their audio software. Arguing that its development takes away from their audio software features is nonsense.
It is more of an issue of where a company puts its emphasis. It is possible to have decent copy protection and decent support. They are not mutually exclusive.

Well... if you think they put more emphasis on their copy protection than on developing their audio software, then think again. Developing the copy protection is done by a separate team, and, it's not nearly as much work as defveloping their audio software will be...

No idea why you think that there's more emphasis on that.

I just opened up Elements and GA SE. In task manager, mine shows only one instance of Cubase.

In the screenshot you posted, it shows two (2) instances of Cubase running.

One is Cubase. The other is a tab with GA SE.

tony10000 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:22 am One is Cubase. The other is a tab with GA SE.
OK - but I had them both open too. I'm not sure how it's actually supposed to be.
I haven't looked at it before because I haven't had trouble with it.

Looked at it again, and you have two separate pics.

The first one of the 'Taskbar' shows two (2) instances of Cubase running.

Even though they dont do all the work, they clearly have to format and integrate the copy protection, test it on all their packages, deal with all the consequences of it on systems, etc.

My comment stands -- put more work (or resources) into a myriad of open issues.

tony10000 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:51 pm
It is more of an issue of where a company puts its emphasis. It is possible to have decent copy protection and decent support. They are not mutually exclusive.
Yes, I get that. 30 year net/sysadmin, worked for many startups, etc. Yep.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”