faIRmageddon: a few usability improvements

Official support for: forward-audio.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Firstly, I was sceptical that I would find faIRmageddon useful enough to buy, but really, within a few minutes, I was finding all the workflow features made it so quick and easy to generate a great-sounding result. So for me, the selling point is definitely the time-saving aspects, and how it reduces my frustration working with IRs. So, thank you!

A couple of things I found that would be great if they could be addressed in a future update:
  • Double-click to reset knobs. I always have my guitar on my lap, and in that position I find it difficult to use plugins with two hands. So it would be great if double-click to reset a knob could be added.
  • Bypass output EQ paramaters. After adjusting multiple of the output parameters, I often want to A/B with the original unmodified result. I do this now by copying to the B slot and then resetting all the output parameters. However this is quite a few clicks to do this. It would be great if a simple Bypass button could be added below the output parameters so I could do this with one click.
  • Change all slot views at once. An example: if I want to use stereo mode and adjust each IRs pan control, I have to change the view on each of the 4 slots. Or if I want to then adjust the HP/LP settings, I again have to change the view on all 4 slots. It would be great to have an option (preference or button or keyboard-modifier key) that allows me to change all 4 slots to the same view with 1 click. Although I said earlier I like to use plugins one handed, I think an easy solution would be to make CTRL+click on a slot view icon will change all slots to the same view.
  • Remove the bottom section with fa and faIRmageddon branding. The controls in faIRmageddon are quite small to start with, and because I usually work on a laptop, the space used up at the bottom of the plugin is preventing me from increasing the size of the plugin to a comfortable level. I can understand it being there in demo mode, but there is enough space at the top of the plugin for the forward audio and faIRmageddon branding to be placed there.
Thank you for considering. These items will make faIRmageddon even better for me to use on a daily basis.

R13 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:14 am Firstly, I was sceptical that I would find faIRmageddon useful enough to buy, but really, within a few minutes, I was finding all the workflow features made it so quick and easy to generate a great-sounding result. So for me, the selling point is definitely the time-saving aspects, and how it reduces my frustration working with IRs. So, thank you!

A couple of things I found that would be great if they could be addressed in a future update:
  • Double-click to reset knobs. I always have my guitar on my lap, and in that position I find it difficult to use plugins with two hands. So it would be great if double-click to reset a knob could be added.
  • Bypass output EQ paramaters. After adjusting multiple of the output parameters, I often want to A/B with the original unmodified result. I do this now by copying to the B slot and then resetting all the output parameters. However this is quite a few clicks to do this. It would be great if a simple Bypass button could be added below the output parameters so I could do this with one click.
  • Change all slot views at once. An example: if I want to use stereo mode and adjust each IRs pan control, I have to change the view on each of the 4 slots. Or if I want to then adjust the HP/LP settings, I again have to change the view on all 4 slots. It would be great to have an option (preference or button or keyboard-modifier key) that allows me to change all 4 slots to the same view with 1 click. Although I said earlier I like to use plugins one handed, I think an easy solution would be to make CTRL+click on a slot view icon will change all slots to the same view.
  • Remove the bottom section with fa and faIRmageddon branding. The controls in faIRmageddon are quite small to start with, and because I usually work on a laptop, the space used up at the bottom of the plugin is preventing me from increasing the size of the plugin to a comfortable level. I can understand it being there in demo mode, but there is enough space at the top of the plugin for the forward audio and faIRmageddon branding to be placed there.
Thank you for considering. These items will make faIRmageddon even better for me to use on a daily basis.
Thanks R13. Happy to have you in the family.
  • Reset controls with Ctrl + Click
  • EQ Bypass & Simultaneous View Changing will be added to our wanted features list
  • Changing the layout is out of the question, but resizing will be much smarter with an upcoming magnifier section with drop down menu in the left upper corner.
Happy IR merging!
“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.”
― Arthur C. Clarke
https://www.forward-audio.com

indeed after trying it myself i liked more. the offputting marketing video and the price are an unfortunate first impression i think.
R13 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:14 am
forwardaudio wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:02 am
resetting with double click would be nice. i don't think double click is used otherwise and it's more convinient with one hand on the guitar

eq bypass was a feature i wanted to request too :D

frizzbee wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:22 am indeed after trying it myself i liked more. the offputting marketing video and the price are an unfortunate first impression i think.
R13 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:14 am
resetting with double click would be nice. i don't think double click is used otherwise and it's more convinient with one hand on the guitar

eq bypass was a feature i wanted to request too :D
Glad you like it!
― Arthur C. Clarke

Thanks! But as @frizzbee indicated, I know about the Ctrl+Click, but I would appreciate double-click to reset controls as I only have one hand available (balancing guitar on my lap and all). I thought I might have more chance of this being implemented as it's aimed at guitarists :)

R13 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 1:49 pm
Thanks! But as @frizzbee indicated, I know about the Ctrl+Click, but I would appreciate double-click to reset controls as I only have one hand available (balancing guitar on my lap and all). I thought I might have more chance of this being implemented as it's aimed at guitarists :)
Thanks. We will consider it.
― Arthur C. Clarke

Return to “forward audio”