ipad is where the real is.

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

He is aggressive, he calls people and their ideas idiots and idiotic and (my issue) he has a very narrow understanding and view of the tech (i.e. he often doesn’t know what he is talking about.) And (the real sin) he doesn’t integrate information from others — when someone presents real information in conflict with his assumptions he (literally) always doubles down instead of (seemingly) reading a single thing or watching a video demonstrating what is being discussed. He seems to be a smart person... if he would change his conduct and engage in dialogue respectfully I could see him making a contribution. As it is to my eye his influence on the community here is net-negative.

What is the use of this forum for him in this case? He doesn’t appear to be learning from the community. And, more importantly, what is his contribution? I don’t pretend to know the answers to these questions, but it feels to me that it is worth my advocating for both a change in his behavior (through requests and metadiscussion about what his behavior is doing) and a community response. I think that there are a large number of people in the community that would like to see our standards enforced in this case.

ramseysounds wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:30 am
Forgotten wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:45 amWhy is BONES allowed to constantly flout forum rule #2 when no one else is, especially considering that the majority of his posts add no value to the forum?
Im not a Bones fan, but if you think no-one else is flouting rule 2, then you are deluded. I have been subject to plenty of abuse on here. It's a general open forum. Just because someone elses opinion is different to yours, doesn't make them wrong :shrug:
But this isn't about "a different opinion".
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

ipads are somewhere between an iToy, a sketchpad, and/or external instrument for me. There’s some really good apps (reminds me of the 2000s as far as innovation, something i mostly miss these days with the emulation after emulation or poorly implemented neXt gen synths in vstland). The incredibly crApple file system is pathetic and the fact than unless you have a shiny new you don’t have a usb or smartcard interface is equally pathetic. For the simple 90% of uses ( surfing net, watching tv, email, listening to (on line) music or podcasts they’re fine if absurdly expensive. So, a good, overpriced, multi function device for simple use. Before anybody responds with pc this or surface that realize that i am not discussing those devices which have their own issues. I’m gonna have to take a look at Borderlands and Drambo...

As for Bones: wth? Sometimes his highly opinionated posts are obnoxious but generally i consider it no big deal at all. His insults are usually general (and sometimes i even agree). Usually his posts are about actual music, music making, listening, or the tools we use for such. Not bothering me at all
There’s a few members that i find exponentially more annoying.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

TheMaestro wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:50 pm
Forgotten wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:45 amWhy is BONES allowed to constantly flout forum rule #2 when no one else is, especially considering that the majority of his posts add no value to the forum?
Im not a Bones fan, but if you think no-one else is flouting rule 2, then you are deluded. I have been subject to plenty of abuse on here. It's a general open forum. Just because someone elses opinion is different to yours, doesn't make them wrong :shrug:
Erm. Yes it is :P
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

ramseysounds wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:39 am
but this thread is not about BONES
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

oh
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Hink wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:51 am
He made it about himself. Again. And again. And you do nothing.
He goes in to «quiet» mode for a few days to dupe you. And then he’s back at it again.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

I keep an ipad setup in the studio for a lot of reasons.... I use it to organize all my user manuals in PDF form, I make custom control templates using TouchOSC for real time control of several hardware synths here that accept CC control, there are some fantastic innovative synths that really make use the touch interface and their price is usually very affordable, I use it for lyrics... I have a clip stand in my vocal booth. I use it facetime with friends and family without booting a browser on my DAW computer. I wouldn't be without it . I have one setup with with an audio interface via the camera connection kit and the other in an Alesis IO Dock II (older 4th gen). Fantastic tool.

TheMaestro wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:10 pm
He goes in to «quiet» mode for a few days to dupe you. And then he’s back at it again.
You’re making it about him. He’s not doing that, but you are.

Just report the post and move.

It doesn’t have to be a campaign to gather support of people who agree with you. Just report it and move on.

elxsound wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:49 pm
ramseysounds wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:30 am Im not a Bones fan, but if you think no-one else is flouting rule 2, then you are deluded. I have been subject to plenty of abuse on here. It's a general open forum. Just because someone elses opinion is different to yours, doesn't make them wrong :shrug:

It doesn’t have to be a campaign to gather support of people who agree with you. Just report it and move on.
Duuuh. I’ve done that.
And your response doesn’t help anything.
Call it what you want, but many user, and even Hink (a modereror, would you believe) is fed up. Still nothing happens.

TheMaestro wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:00 pm
elxsound wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:49 pm

Duuuh. I’ve done that.
And your response doesn’t help anything.
Call it what you want, but many user, and even Hink (a modereror, would you believe) is fed up. Still nothing happens.
You mean my response doesn’t help you.

Your responses don’t help me either.

:party:

whats the crusade, get rid of the opinionated? might as well shutter the site. look, BONES is rough to deal with.
Generally, he likes what he likes, doesn't like what he doesn't, and isn't afraid to tell you in no uncertain terms either way, and he'll go right up to the line of acceptability doing it. So what? is your ego bruised because he told you your favorite thing is a toy? Theres others here that are harsher and go harder, Jancivil for instance, but I don't want her gone either, she knows her stuff. Generally BONES has stuff to add too, even if he only causes people to think about their precious personal intellectual conceits. you might want to consider letting it go.

ShawnG wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:13 pm whats the crusade, get rid of the opinionated? might as well shutter the site. look, BONES is rough to deal with.
Generally, he likes what he likes, doesn't like what he doesn't, and isn't afraid to tell you in no uncertain terms either way, and he'll go right up to the line of acceptability doing it. So what? is your ego bruised because he told you your favorite thing is a toy? Theres others here that are harsher and go harder, Jancivil for instance, but I don't want her gone either, she knows her stuff. Generally BONES has stuff to add too, even if he only causes people to think about their precious personal intellectual conceits. you might want to consider letting it go.
Because, again, it's not about "the opinionated".

sigh, Ok then, tell me how BONES has irrevocably scarred your psyche in ways that go beyond just being a noncompliant argumentative Aussie, that justifies a member of a few months leading the charge to punish a member of nearly 20 years?

If anyone wants some help as to how to deal with Bones, it's simple. If Apple made it, he will hate it, there will be no rational discussion to be had, and he will tout other products as far superior. He's not the only one here who thinks like this. Just have a discussion around the flame bait, biting on it makes me have to search through threads like this to see if anyone is using the iPad in an enjoyable way with Logic 10.5 and Clips etc.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”