BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

graywolf2004 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:04 pm Can you give more details on using old latch logic in projects (i.e. video clip). For all my projects - this latch logic change doesn't make any difference.
I'm working on arp mode envelope bug, it is not reaper-specific, the same in FL.
Didn't get it about asterisks on octaves. They will appear when you switch lane to polyphonic mode and set more than one value per step.
Maybe you are right about new latch mode, i would only say to be cautious when you change something that could potentially break compatibilities, cause nobody wants it. Putting the arp latch mode switch in settings panel has been a really good choice so main panel remains clean, but until you are sure to don't cause some break compatibility, i suggest to set new arp latch mode to default only for new bluearp instances.
Last edited by ciros on Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for the envelope fix, now it works.

I suggest to quantize all the discrete envelopes: for example the on-thru-off envelope needs to have only 3 envelope values, like a tri state on-off and not like an analogic dry-wet. This makes the enelope more clear, and the pratical use case is when, because of a not favorable monitor-resolution-dpi setup, you are forced to zoom out the daw workspace for having a complete knowledge of your project tracks of timeline. So zooming out cause the envelopes values to becomes more and more undistinguishable: less discrete the envelopes are, the more undistinguishable they becomes. On zommed out workspace analogic enevelopes values are less distinguishable than discrete one (on-off, 3state, 4state, etc).

I have also a question about something i need to understeand if is considered a bluearp normal behaviour or a bug.
I've noticed that, when a playing midi track passes fast enough from arp latch THRU, then OFF and then ON, when becomes ON bluearp sends out the previously unplayed buffered sound instead of the midi arpegiated notes (sometimes happens also switching directly from THRU to ON). The time that this buffered sound covers the arpegiated notes varies based on some factors, and I take advantage of this behavior for makes a particular WOOM sound effect (see attachments). I would know if you consider this a bug that needs to be fixed or a normal behaviour that will not changes in future (as I wish, cause im using it a lot).

lastly, using bluearp in previous days I've encountered other bugs with envelopes, maybe you already fixed them in v2.3.2rc1, otherwise i will notify you about.
Thanks man for your great work
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

another 2 bugs:

- during bluarp is playing, pressing the page buttons cause to disable autoscroll (i think this bug has been introduced recently).

- during bluearp is playing a track where chain envelopes are enabled, chains are stucked to envelopes and it isn't possible to manually switch them via gui, as an expected and right behaviour. But also if the track is stopped, when i try to switch chain via gui only the number changes but the chain itself no.
so.. i suppose solutions are 2:

1) when the daw is stopped and chain envelopes are set, i can manually switch chain via gui
2) when the daw is stopped and chain envelopes are set, i can't manually switch chain via gui, and if i try it the numbers also will not change.

DAW: Reaper (last ver.)

thanks.

Hi there, hope this question is in the right bit of the forum.... :-)

I have 3 instances of BlueArp in a project (in Cakewalk). They all play back fine but when I export the audio only one is present.

Can you help please? Thank you.

Maazouk wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:38 pm Hi there, hope this question is in the right bit of the forum.... :-)

I have 3 instances of BlueArp in a project (in Cakewalk). They all play back fine but when I export the audio only one is present.

Sounds like you have to bounce your tracks before export.

Saffran wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:46 pm
Maazouk wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:38 pm Hi there, hope this question is in the right bit of the forum.... :-)

Hi, thanks for replying. How would I bounce my tracks? I have 3 instances of BlueArp controlling 3 different synths.

Maazouk wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:13 pm

Hi, thanks for replying. How would I bounce my tracks? I have 3 instances of BlueArp controlling 3 different synths.
This explanation for Sonar X2 should work:
https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation? ... ng.06.html

Saffran wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:48 am
Maazouk wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:13 pm

This explanation for Sonar X2 should work:
https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation? ... ng.06.html
Ah, yes, that's what I've been doing. If I try to export or bounce the whole song, the Arps are mssing. If I try to export/bounce an Arp track on it's own, I get a silent wav file.

I'm sorry, that makes no sense to me and i'm afraid i can't help you any further.

Hey! BlueARP is showing as a generator generator and not as an effect. So I can't use it.
Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks!

isberg wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:12 pm Hey! BlueARP is showing as a generator generator and not as an effect. So I can't use it.

Thanks!
Since you're new here, please be aware than nobody can help you unless you state the specifics and versions of your System and your DAW. That is elementary.
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

isberg wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:12 pm Hey! BlueARP is showing as a generator generator and not as an effect. So I can't use it.

Thanks!
What OS? What DAW?
Refer to the manual to learn what steps needed to make it work:
http://graywolf2004.net/wp/?page_id=35

Hi,

I just updated to 2.3.1 yesterday (came from 2.2.9), now Ableton Live 10.1.14 crashes everytime I try to change skins. Happended five times last night.

The same thing happens in Reaper 5.984.

Both on Win7, 64-Bit.

Lat night it crashed the moment I clicked on a skin in the menu, but today it crashed Ableton just by opening the "skin-menu" (not clicking on anything).

Tried to "go back" to 2.2.12, same problem. (Might have to go back to 2.2.9 for the time being)

Another strange thing: I tried to manually delete the "Fonts"-folder when going back from 2.3.1 to 2.2.12, but Windows won't let me ("The folder you want to delete is still used by a program that's running")?

No DAW or other program is running, I just booted.

Thanks for the vid about forcing to scale, very helpful!

What I want to do is give BlueArp take a fixed set of 8 notes and then have BlueArp generate random sequences that only use those 8 notes.

I studied the manual front to back and can't see a way to do what I want.

Could someone explain if there is a way to do what I described and give a quick run down on how?

:)
--JAIDY
--addicted to VSTs --

Jaidy wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:17 pm What I want to do is give BlueArp take a fixed set of 8 notes and then have BlueArp generate random sequences that only use those 8 notes.

I studied the manual front to back and can't see a way to do what I want.

Could someone explain if there is a way to do what I described and give a quick run down on how?

:)
Well if it's about having a random arp, the new "Rndm" step type has been added to the latest version, which allows choosing a random note from the input selection.

If the intention is to make random sequence / patterns, then the best thing to do is to use presets, btw there are new presets / banks now available worth checking out.
After preparing the presets, chain them in the program sequence. You may need to read about that or watch a video.

Return to “Instruments”