2020 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:25 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:23 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:55 pm Spent €500 this week at Thomann on furniture and not sure how I feel about that. €500 but nothing makes a noise.
Part 2 of this: just spent €210 on ribbon cables and no sure how I feel about that. €200 to replace wiring I already have. Hopefully I'll have a working Mackie 32:8 again though.
when you spend this money on none noose stuff, always add a kazoo or penny whistle, at least then theres something noisey :tu:
Good tip. I should have thrown a cheap noise device in there also. Next time.

One point of note, I purposely installed 3 blanks at the very top of my new rack. Coincidentally the Happy Ending Kit is 3U ;) I'm one step closer.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

w00h00!!!!

BOSS MD500 just arrived now, this completes my BOSS 500 series, DD/MD/RV love the DD & RV500 gonna test this modulation pedal out tonight.

Looking forward to the Mooer Ocean Machine and BOSS 200 distortion next month

The entire set of BOSS 500 looks great. A nice little collection to have for sure.
Take care :wink:

consordini wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:27 pm The entire set of BOSS 500 looks great. A nice little collection to have for sure.
Yeah thanks mate they sound absolutely fantastic on my synths. Great midi features I'm currently mapping the Q-Links on the MPC X to control midi cc's
All I'm waiting for now is the Mackie 1642VLZ4 arriving Monday so I can hook everything up. The only synth I'm having trouble with is ASM Hydra, there just had to be one that the MPC X won't control.. why oh why developers use NRPN when most gear I use are midi cc :roll: :roll: :roll:

If I go down this rabbit hole, I’ll be going with the 500 series instead of the 200.

The 200 series has things squeezed onto the sides so you can’t fit them nicely side-by-side like how you have them in your photo, plus instead of 5-din, there’s a 3.5mm midi in/out.

This helps because I want to start with the RV 500. I think the MD should be next after that.

I just need to decide on the OP-z with the ZM-1 to drive everything.

elxsound wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:47 pm This helps because I want to start with the RV 500.
Well Iv'e had the RV500 hooked up with the Mono Station, MS-1 and a TD-3 last night checking it out and basically it can make anything sound good lol.
It'd sound good on a basic saw wave IMO

Okay, so I thought I was good for a while after getting a Korg NTK1 a week or so ago.

However Ive been going back and forth on buying a set of the Dreadbox chromatic modules. And somehow in that process of working out where they would go, I found the Crea8Audio Nifty Bundle.

Anyone got one? Got any opinions?

Because the Nifty Case, a 1Ux84HP rack with USB/DIN MIDI seemed decently priced at £170, but the Bundle, which adds a sorta Rene-ish touch/sequencer module -and- a 2-osc/1LFO 'chipsound' module (and also a box of cables) for £240 seemed too cheap to pass up. The modules go for £80-£90 each, FFS.

And its obviously a sign that there's 60HP left, which is exactly as much space is needed for the 6 Dreadbox modules. Which I think I will be bagging as well.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

why no bigger cases?
boooo.
i want another 2rows of 104.
so probably another mantis, but im watching the prices creep up ffs.
stupid economy f**king pandemics :x

then lots of "boring" utility stuff i think, i say boring, just not so much noisy, but will make the noisy more fun :ud:
should have some space for fun stuff too i guess, so we shall see...

also, those dreadbox modules look like theyre feeding moral decay :x

vurt wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:39 pm also, those dreadbox modules look like theyre feeding moral decay :x
Yup.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Just been looking at a few modules as later this year I plan to start building a small modular drum setup 808/909 modules. I see that Tip Top Audio has these so I might get 1 or 2 modules per month. Seems they made new white modules for the 808/909 but the one I can only find the "909 Toms" module is in the old modules. Did they forget them in the new editions?
Probably an expensive way to build a drum rack but I'd like to do it anyways.

PS

If I rack my modules how many "U" are the casings as Iv'e got a free 2x4u space here

whyterabbyt wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:55 am Okay, so I thought I was good for a while after getting a Korg NTK1 a week or so ago.

However Ive been going back and forth on buying a set of the Dreadbox chromatic modules. And somehow in that process of working out where they would go, I found the Crea8Audio Nifty Bundle.

Anyone got one? Got any opinions?

Because the Nifty Case, a 1Ux84HP rack with USB/DIN MIDI seemed decently priced at £170, but the Bundle, which adds a sorta Rene-ish touch/sequencer module -and- a 2-osc/1LFO 'chipsound' module (and also a box of cables) for £240 seemed too cheap to pass up. The modules go for £80-£90 each, FFS.

And its obviously a sign that there's 60HP left, which is exactly as much space is needed for the 6 Dreadbox modules. Which I think I will be bagging as well.
That sounds like an interesting case...

As to the Dreadbox modules. I have the Ataxia modulation module. Dual modulator with 3 modes. I'm sure you have seen the spec. In use.. in ADSR mode the trigger input from either channel triggers BOTH channels.. at first I was.. wtf, however I have found a cool use by triggering into one and then feeding the other input from a A-160-5 clk mult for some interesting ratched trigs.. I also use other gates as well... I also like the cv control over time and levels... I have it in my control skiff as I am very hands on with it.. for me, well worth the £80 ish iirc but it's pink.. ;)

I had thought to get maybe the full kit.. but my system is full.. for now.

rob_lee wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:00 pm Just been looking at a few modules as later this year I plan to start building a small modular drum setup 808/909 modules. I see that Tip Top Audio has these so I might get 1 or 2 modules per month. Seems they made new white modules for the 808/909 but the one I can only find the "909 Toms" module is in the old modules. Did they forget them in the new editions?
Probably an expensive way to build a drum rack but I'd like to do it anyways.

PS

If I rack my modules how many "U" are the casings as Iv'e got a free 2x4u space here

vurt wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:39 pm also, those dreadbox modules look like theyre feeding moral decay :x
About in tune with the planet then... :hihi:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”