why i'm abandoning massive X...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ghobii wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:15 pm I had the same kind of issues with MX and Logic. When I switched over to Bitwig they all went away. Ported over songs and presets from one to the other with all the same plugins and settings, and suddenly songs that were crashing and doing other weird things were totally solid. So I'd say it's definitely some kind of Logic-MX interaction issue.
Have you tried Reaper?

ssl4000 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:15 pm Please report to us everytime you abandon or install some plugin, very interesting stuff :o
this is ONE post, in the 11 years i've been on this forum, about abandoning a plugin. and the point is, i think MX is great (& have defended it vigorously on this very forum). but worrying about whether a preset will work or not is counterproductive.

if you don't understand a thread on kvr, that's ok. lots of threads on kvr are hard to decipher :D

Calenberger wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:32 pm
ghobii wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:15 pm I had the same kind of issues with MX and Logic. When I switched over to Bitwig they all went away. Ported over songs and presets from one to the other with all the same plugins and settings, and suddenly songs that were crashing and doing other weird things were totally solid. So I'd say it's definitely some kind of Logic-MX interaction issue.
Have you tried Reaper?
i think the DAW is more important than this one synth...

Make sure you let us know if you decide to give it another go again at a later date.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Looks like Massive X takes a Massive L
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Calenberger wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:32 pm
Have you tried Reaper?
Has he Tried Bitwig?
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

fisherKing wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:38 am i've owned so many synth plugins over the years, it's insane. but i've never had issues like i've had with massive X.

i like this thing; the sound of it, the possibilities; i enjoy exploring the GUI. i love the browser (ok, i made that last one up).

i've had some issues with sounds changing. today, i opened a logic project and the main sound (an massive X preset i tweaked and SAVED) is not playing back correctly. it sounds like... nothing, really.

i reworked the original again (which i only got to play back correctly AFTER going back & forth between other presets and this one); saved again. closed logic, reopened it and... hosed.

sure i could bounce it to disk, but... i can't trust this thing, and have no time anymore to 'hope' for a fix (try contacting NI tech support, if you can find them).

so... adios. i don't care how good something sounds, if it doesn't work.
Nice story bro.

Sorry, I just had to. ;)

I’ve never had an issue with it, but I have had similar situations with instruments. They turned out to be caused by MIDI controllers with squirrelly encoder that was sending values when not touched. My Touché is notorious for this.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

chk071 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:25 pm
fisherKing wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:38 am i've owned so many synth plugins over the years, it's insane. but i've never had issues like i've had with massive X.

i like this thing; the sound of it, the possibilities; i enjoy exploring the GUI. i love the browser (ok, i made that last one up).

i've had some issues with sounds changing. today, i opened a logic project and the main sound (an massive X preset i tweaked and SAVED) is not playing back correctly. it sounds like... nothing, really.

i reworked the original again (which i only got to play back correctly AFTER going back & forth between other presets and this one); saved again. closed logic, reopened it and... hosed.

sure i could bounce it to disk, but... i can't trust this thing, and have no time anymore to 'hope' for a fix (try contacting NI tech support, if you can find them).

so... adios. i don't care how good something sounds, if it doesn't work.
Nice story bro.

Sorry, I just had to. ;)
hey, am glad you enjoyed my story... 8)

I was just kidding, so no offense meant anyway. :)

Shame that you had so many issues with it. If you come across stuff like that, it's always a good idea to report it.

chk071 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:48 pm I was just kidding, so no offense meant anyway. :)

Shame that you had so many issues with it. If you come across stuff like that, it's always a good idea to report it.
hey, was kidding too! :tu:

i tried to contact NI, then got to them thru a forum member, but no reply. this happened in 1.2, and now, 1.3... which is now for sale in the 'sell & buy' forum... if anyone's interested.

This could become a thing - when you try to sell SW on KVR you have to start a thread in the appropriate forum (Instruments, Effects) and if it's not a cool enough story it becomes NFR.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Try it with a different host, or do a clean install of Mac, Logic and Massive X.
Another thing - maybe the location is write protected, can you save in a different location? Or check permissions, etc.
Are you using any hardware to play it with? It could be that, as suggested above.

Can you save presets with the plugin wrapper in Logic?

is this like when your friend tells you hes dumped his missus.
then when the real story comes out, she dumped him for hitting on her sister?

Return to “Instruments”