VPS Avenger 2 will use dongle again (any news about the situation)?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Easy to avoid CM then, yes!

Imagine if all your plugs timed out at some point and needed 're-authing'. Slippery slope, etc.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:10 pm ...
Imagine if all your plugs timed out at some point and needed 're-authing'. Slippery slope, etc.
This!!!

That is part of why for me it is a 'dangerous' way to go..
rsp
sound sculptist

When I told to my friend about this 90days system, he said "It sounds bad, it is like you are renting for 90days period and you'll never know if it will work again after the 90days period". Yeah, that actually is quite true...

Reason uses same method? I didn't know... How does it work with Reason? You need to revoke your reason license every 90days (or some other time period)?

no, Reason uses CM but afaik it is a permanent license on dongle. I use Reason on two computers so it requires me to sign on from whichever computer I am using.. (automated to one click for me).. But my DAWS are always online so it isn't an issue.
I believe if you are using Reason on one machine and have it on a USB dongle, it doesn't require further or continuous authentication.
rsp
sound sculptist

If they switch to dongle I probably won’t upgrade. Codemeter 7 has been fine for me with Avenger and Antares Autotune on Mac OSX Catalina so I’ve been content with it. I feel for those with issues, but none for me. Hope it always stays that way.

As long as I can always use my Avenger 1 and refresh the license then I’m a happy customer. I can upgrade to 2 in due time when I’m ready. I just got Avenger in December so not quite ready to spend more for a new upgrade just yet. It does sound like it may take a bit of time to come out though. Could be more in the market for it then.

On the other hand, I’m looking at possibly getting ReFX Nexus 3 soon. I like the idea of having a large library of quality samples in addition to Avenger. I love the VPS sound.

Is the Avenger continuous authentication cycle mainly an antipiracy measurement? Because it seems like they could adjust this to half a year, permanent one-time deal, or anything in between really.
Take care :wink:

CM was one of the reasons that stopped me from buying Avenger. I guess it's better to protect your software than attracting new customers. I wonder, did their sales gone up since they added CM?

Return to “Instruments”