ipad is where the real is.

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ShawnG wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:50 pm sigh, Ok then, tell me how BONES has irrevocably scarred your psyche in ways that go beyond just being a noncompliant argumentative Aussie, that justifies a member of a few months leading the charge to punish a member of nearly 20 years?
Similar predators cannot occupy the same territory without starving. :hihi:

machinesworking wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:00 pm
ShawnG wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:50 pm sigh, Ok then, tell me how BONES has irrevocably scarred your psyche in ways that go beyond just being a noncompliant argumentative Aussie, that justifies a member of a few months leading the charge to punish a member of nearly 20 years?
Similar predators cannot occupy the same territory without starving. :hihi:
:tu:

Sure. Dumb it down if it helps you.
And I have been here 15 years, but that’s not relevant.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

Edit: nm he gone.

Cool.

Can I clarify with the mods that it's OK to call folks idiots on KVR without any fear of suspension...?

I thought it was out of bounds to directly insult others, seems not and I'd like not to be suspended if at all possible but while maintaining similar 'argument privileges' to the rest. I find the site useful and would like to stay but it's good to know that if attacked verbally I can respond in kind, if necessary :)
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

machinesworking wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:53 pm to see if anyone is using the iPad in an enjoyable way with Logic 10.5 and Clips etc.
Was just about to launch into it myself, still not finding time to explore 10.5.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 2:51 am Cool.

Can I clarify with the mods that it's OK to call folks idiots on KVR without any fear of suspension...?

I thought it was out of bounds to directly insult others, seems not and I'd like not to be suspended if at all possible but while maintaining similar 'argument privileges' to the rest. I find the site useful and would like to stay but it's good to know that if attacked verbally I can respond in kind, if necessary :)
Basically Bones skirts the rules by not directly calling the person he's talking to an idiot, but their idea idiotic. When he addresses everyone as idiotic it's not really a personal insult. This is why I never really take offense at his comments, it's just hardball, not out of bounds.

machinesworking wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 2:56 am

Basically Bones skirts the rules by not directly calling the person he's talking to an idiot, but their idea idiotic. When he addresses everyone as idiotic it's not really a personal insult. This is why I never really take offense at his comments, it's just hardball, not out of bounds.
TheMaestro also didn't get suspended for this conversation, nor would I have wanted him to be. The other thing... yeah he needed a time out IMO.

As for Logic remote, I used it a bit a few years ago, and it's good. Played with it briefly last week with the new clip launcher. If that's your sole reason for wanting an iPad? probably not worth it, just get a launchpad or something. TBH I like the chord strips in Logic remote the most, and the ipad version of garage band can be a scratchpad for ideas that you can then bounce into Full logic.

ShawnG wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:08 am
machinesworking wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 2:56 am

TheMaestro also didn't get suspended for this conversation, nor would I have wanted him to be. The other thing... yeah he needed a time out IMO.
Thought is was from this thread, my bad.

bones sometimes labels people directly as idiots, read his posts. I don't take offence at his comments just as long as we're all able to operate on his level then that's fair.

GB on iPad was an eye opener for me, love the 'tactile' interfaces for instruments. Music on the iPad has always been secondary for me to other uses, still not sure if I see it as the ultimate home for my music-making to be honest.

revvy wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:25 am GB on iPad was an eye opener for me, love the 'tactile' interfaces for instruments. Music on the iPad has always been secondary for me to other uses, still not sure if I see it as the ultimate home for my music-making to be honest.
I don't, only iPad I've owned was a generation 1 myself sisters work gave away after the research project was done, and hardly anything runs on it. Mostly I think they have best of class touch screens though, and using one to program a AUi makes total sense to me, along with XY type morphing etc.
We will see though, the processors are getting powerful. :borg:

the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”