Melodyne 5 released, post examples inside.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Local Man wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:13 pm The upgrade is free for all essential owners.
It is only the other theirs that have to pay for the upgrade.
Annoyingly I had updated to Assistant - kindof makes me wish I hadn't.

aMUSEd wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:56 pm
Local Man wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:13 pm The upgrade is free for all essential owners.
Yeah it's a little weird. There are new features in Essential 5 that aren't in version 4 of the upper tiers. So if you paid for the more expensive version you don't get the benefits that someone with the cheapest version gets. It seems a little backwards in a way.

But good for essential owners. It's cool that at least they get a little perk.
Everyone else can pay the price if and when they're ready. Seems like a cool update.

Never mind. I found the upgrade option when I logged in--didn't see it the first time--had to check licenses.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Just updated. Great new features! Especially excited about using the de-essing feature. :tu:

aMUSEd wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:56 pmAnnoyingly I had updated to Assistant - kindof makes me wish I hadn't.
Yeah, it's really weird.
I've been tempted to upgrade to assistant every time it goes on sale at PiB, but I've been getting by with just Essentials features for now.
I agree that it's kind of a kick in the teeth to folks that have the upper tier versions.

I guess they must just assume that the Essentials users will drink the koolaid, and automatically upgrade. :dog:

- Jay

vbkj
Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Local Man wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:43 am
Yeah it's a little weird. There are new features in Essential 5 that aren't in version 4 of the upper tiers. So if you paid for the more expensive version you don't get the benefits that someone with the cheapest version gets. It seems a little backwards in a way.

Everyone else can pay the price if and when they're ready. Seems like a cool update.
it's also weird V3 studio owners got to update for 49$, and V4 owners for 149$. :clap:

i'm not giving them money this time around, it's too unfair.

I think Essential is a free update because a license is included with Studio One, and it integrates as a core feature of the DAW.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:13 am I think Essential is a free update because a license is included with Studio One, and it integrates as a core feature of the DAW.
How is Melodyne 5 working in Studio One?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Ploki wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:46 am
Local Man wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:43 am

it's also weird V3 studio owners got to update for 49$, and V4 owners for 149$. :clap:

i'm not giving them money this time around, it's too unfair.
For the same tier? I don't understand.
The older version updates for less, all other things being equal?

SLiC wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:49 am
jamcat wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:13 am I think Essential is a free update because a license is included with Studio One, and it integrates as a core feature of the DAW.
How is Melodyne 5 working in Studio One?
No issues at all here. I'm on the latest version of Studio One on Mac OS 10.12.6

Really impressed with the update - the sibilance tool is superb

Local Man wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:51 am For the same tier? I don't understand.
They had a promo for the V3->V4 upgrade for 49USD, which apparently also included free update to V5 because of the grace period.

paulbreeze wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:53 am
Local Man wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:51 am For the same tier? I don't understand.
They had a promo for the V3->V4 upgrade for 49USD, which apparently also included free update to V5 because of the grace period.
I see. Well hopefully they'll have more upgrade promos in the somewhat near future.

aMUSEd wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:56 pm
Assistant is kind of needed though. Essential is very limited.

I have Assistant and I got the free upgrade to 5, but I recently purchased Melodyne 4 not too long ago so that is most likely the reason.

this is a COMPLETE waste of money!!!

Return to “Effects”