Is Studio One the best alternative and superior to Mixcraft? Is it also the best one on the market now?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ı love the editing tools of stdio one. Mixcraft crahses a lot lately otherwise I like its intuitive easy interface. Do you think I'd like studio one better or the switch and adaptation take always too much time and it's better to stick to the DAW you started out with?

Which DAW do you think is the best similar to Studio One and Mixcraft?

Thank you

Listen, there is NO perfect daw. Each time developers implement a new functionality, there will be bugs and crashes. The best option is to simply not upgrade when there is a stable enough version.
About DAWs - each of them brings some kind of unique workflow or feature set, so... use the demo version and buy it, if you need it.

You can learn Studio One really fast but I’ll agree with anomandaris- I’ve generally found its best to report the crashes in a way the dev can understand then roll back to a stable version and wait.

If the devs never understand or there never is a stable version, that’s when I test other software.

I know one thing, Presonus could do with looking at a few things that this DAW has that Studio One hasn't got like a video clip time line with editing.
"
Video Editing: Mixcraft is more than just a recording studio - it’s also a feature-packed pro video editing and scoring environment. Edit, crop, and cross fade video clips, create seamless video transitions, add titles and scrolling text, and mix it all down to a variety of web-friendly formats."
Panning with the mouse at track level to negate the need to open the Inspector or the Console is another...

Mixcraft 9's GUI however is still in a bit of a Frankenstein state in regard to the underlying legacy and bizarre choice of colours which hinder actual functionality of the DAW, and that still needs addressing 6 months on from its last major update. One really shouldn't need to dig into it's icons and configuration scripts to try to address this. 'Light grey text with background illumination of dark blue, which has the opposite effect of making something you're trying to illuminate even harder to see… :dog:

Studio One has its issues regarding its GUI presentation, its fonts are pretty bad looking, functional but still bad in most places with being small and aliased on dark settings.

Stability wise, Mixcraft 9 hasn't crashed yet but I've not done anything with it in the past 24 hours other than play a few songs and play with a few knobs. Studio One 4.6 has been behaving pretty strangely on Windows 10 here as I mentioned recently.

If it came to picking one over the other, I would have to side with Studio One because it holds itself together in a more unified way which doesn't feel old and overcomplicated.
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

yes
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”