Most CUSTOMER friendly copy protection Serum, Ana2,PhasePlant, Spire etc?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fmr wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:56 pm
Tannaliini wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:52 pm
e@rs wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:37 pm Serum: serial number; Ana 2: C/R; PhasePlant: serial number; Spire: keyfile.
C/R? What does that mean for Ana2?
Actually, for ANA2 you generate a license key file you can use in any computer you have.
e@rs wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:08 pm
Tannaliini wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:52 pm C/R? What does that mean for Ana2?
Online challenge / response for each machine.
So this means I need internet connection to run Ana2? Serum I can run without internet connection? Or did I misunderstand? :help:

Tannaliini wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:52 pm
dionenoid wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:14 pm
Tannaliini wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:07 pm I tried to find some info about Ana2's copy protection system (https://www.sonicacademy.com/products/ana-2) but can't find anything from their site...
It's 1 time online activation, from within the synth.
That sounds good to me :D
Where did you find this info?
I own it.
More BPM please

I have never had an issue with ILok. Codemeter for Avenger took a little time to figure out, but it's not too bad.

Ana2 uses license key! I bought it two weeks ago and I just downloaded the license key and then load it later to the synth! Have they changed that now?

The Avenger defenders here are really funny! This is a thread about the most customer friendly copy protection! :D

EnGee wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:31 pm Ana2 uses license key! I bought it two weeks ago and I just downloaded the license key and then load it later to the synth! Have they changed that now?
Thanx for clarifyng!

Looks like I was wrong [I based my affirmation on how Kick 2 is activated (first it was keyfile, then later they changed to C/R) and thought they changed it for Ana too]. My apologies!

Tannaliini wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:50 pm Serum I can run without internet connection?
Yes. You input the serial number and that's it. :D

Apple :wink:

e@rs wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:18 am
EnGee wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:31 pm Ana2 uses license key! I bought it two weeks ago and I just downloaded the license key and then load it later to the synth! Have they changed that now?
Thanx for clarifyng!

Looks like I was wrong [I based my affirmation on how Kick 2 is activated (first it was keyfile, then later they changed to C/R) and thought they changed it for Ana too]. My apologies!
No need to apologise :) All good then :tu:

Cinebient wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:22 am Apple :wink:
Apple uses a very expensive dongle :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

The Mac is the dongle? Brilliant!
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

fmr wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:06 am
Cinebient wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:22 am Apple :wink:
Apple uses a very expensive dongle :hihi:
Maybe, but for real it is the most easy way and seems also the best copy protection which exist for apps. Not sure if it also translate for mac apps from the app store.
What i really like is that i do not have to use 100 different accounts and different copy protection things and also that i can use as much licenses as computer, tablets, phones are connected to my account.
Even better, deinstalling things is so much better and faster as well, mostly.
So for me it is indeed by far the most user friendly copy protection!
Oh but otherwise i prefer a simple serial ;)

Ok, so this doesn't need internet connection (after it's registered/the license key has been loaded)? :?:

You don't need internet connection to register the license (keyfile) but you do need to provide the info before that when you buy the synth so that they sent you the link for downloading the license (from your account). After that you don't need the internet. This was my experience two weeks ago :)

This is their email (if you don't believe me :hihi: ):
sonic academy email.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”