Arturia OB-Xa V

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OP-Xa V

I don‘t think you can load the preset files from OP-X into the Arturia one.

But yes, such preset pack is something i‘m looking for.

I tried to match the 'I want to break free' lead but failed (I have only the demo of OP-X). There's something different about OP-X unison, I guess.

waltercruz wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:31 pm I tried to match the 'I want to break free' lead but failed (I have only the demo of OP-X). There's something different about OP-X unison, I guess.
Here you go. Keep in mind, for this one, everything has to be tuned fairly precisely.. EG those attack knobs are set to 11ms, not zero. Also voice detune at 0.072.. ie a lot less than you'd think. Portamento 0.001. 6 voice poly, 6 voice unison. Added Mod matrix to the screenshot and assigned the Modwheel to pitchbend two notes, with the bender to 1 to help playing. This is a sound which would benefit from a ribbon to play properly :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by PAK on Sun May 31, 2020 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I feel like this should be part of the V Collection for the users who already own it too, not just the new buyers...

tbadeanu wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:50 pm I feel like this should be part of the V Collection for the users who already own it too, not just the new buyers...
That's the way Rob Papen handles his Explorer collection. If you buy/upgrade to Explorer 6 then you will get licenses for every plugin released before Explorer 7 comes out. I like that model, but I guess there's a gamble involved when you don't know what or how many plugins will be coming out.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

tbadeanu wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:50 pm I feel like this should be part of the V Collection for the users who already own it too, not just the new buyers...
New V Collection 7 buyers have the option of buying it as part of a special bundle deal:

Existing V Collection 7 owners should be getting a good price for it separately:

When V Collection 8 is released, new buyers will get it as part of the collection along with possibly more brand new classic instruments.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:13 pm
I like that model, but I guess there's a gamble involved when you don't know what or how many plugins will be coming out.
Also, if you buy OB-Xa V for $49 as a VC7 owner right now, you might eventually pay more to upgrade to the next V Collection rather than upgrading directly from VC7.

This is something that is preventing me from getting OB-Xa V right now, apart from the thing that I should not be buying any more synths.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:58 am Also, if you buy OB-Xa V for $49 as a VC7 owner right now, you might eventually pay more to upgrade to the next V Collection rather than upgrading directly from VC7.

This is something that is preventing me from getting OB-Xa V right now, apart from the thing that I should not be buying any more synths.
I was under the impression that if you purchase OB-Xa V for $49 as a VC7 owner right now, your upgrade price for VC8 will be lower still.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:15 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:58 am Also, if you buy OB-Xa V for $49 as a VC7 owner right now, you might eventually pay more to upgrade to the next V Collection rather than upgrading directly from VC7.

I was under the impression that if you purchase OB-Xa V for $49 as a VC7 owner right now, your upgrade price for VC8 will be lower still.
Exactly what I was hoping for and even mentioned in some earlier comment. Since Arturia is saying that buying OB-Xa V now will guarantee a better upgrade price to VC8, I believe the next VC8 upgrade will be $149 for VC7 owners without OB-Xa V and $99 for those with OB-Xa V, unlike typical upgrades of $99 in the past where I upgraded from VC6 to VC7.

But still a bit unsure. Maybe as June 9 approaches everything will be clear, right? :hihi:

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:21 am But still a bit unsure. Maybe as June 9 approaches everything will be clear, right? :hihi:
As clear as mud. :hihi:

Any idea what Arturia will be adding to VC8? Or anything at all about it?

It would be great to have other digital emulation :) Maybe something like Kawai K5 :D

If we're doing wishlists I'd love an Andromeda A6 and a Jupiter 4. I have sample-based versions of both (IK/UVI), but they are limited. Plus as we've discussed an overhaul of some of their older V Collection emulations.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:58 am But still a bit unsure. Maybe as June 9 approaches everything will be clear, right? :hihi:
Is June 9 the expected release date for V8?

Zipede wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:30 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:58 am But still a bit unsure. Maybe as June 9 approaches everything will be clear, right? :hihi:
No, what I was trying to say is that as June 9 approaches, GAS might kick in and those who haven't bought OB-Xa V might just decide to jump on the $49 deal.

My intuition says VC8 will be out this December.

Zipede wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:30 am
No, it's the end of the special introductory price offer. But there's nothing to make clear, IMO. Everyone who buys OB-Xa V now will be entitled an extra discount when V Collection 8 is launched. What will be the price of V Collection 8 is something not yet revealed, and not likely to be revealed now - only when it will be launched.

Anyway, those who buy OB-Xa V now will have their investment protected. :)

There will be new things in V Collection 8, almost for certain - that's what we are used to. What they will be is yet to be seen. But I doubt Andromeda will be a possibility, since Andromeda resides on proprietary technology from Alesis which, AFAIK, is still under patent protection.
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”