Logic Pro 10.5 is out!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Logic Pro

I've never seen that error either, so not sure what's going on. I tried a support request at NI, but got directed back to their forum. I posted there, but responses here are usually quicker.

I am a little disappointed that there's been minimal development of Alchemy. While EXS24 was extremely dated and needed updating, I always considered Alchemy to be the new default sampler tool in logic since it can perform all the same multi-sampling functions plus so much more. I would've preferred them to focus all their efforts into lowering CPU usage/load time and adding those new features to Alchemy instead of building an entirely new sampler from the ground up, IMO.

I found the issue with Guitar Rig crashing validation in Logic.

Apparently this will work for any NI project crashing in Logic:

1. Go to ~/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/ and delete the plist file for the plugin
2. Open the standalone version of the plugin and wait for the presets to instantiate
3. Restart Logic and from the Plugin Manager reset and rescan the plugins that crashed

can be MIDI cells assigned to touch tracks, http://logicpro.skydocu.com/en/work-in- ... -overview/

as I see it isn't possible ... so just asking for sure :) ?

(just seen this tutorial, https://9to5mac.com/2015/11/22/the-logi ... ch-tracks/ this is why I'm asking)
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Korg's patches for Polysix and MS-20 are out via their software updater.

Didn't think they'd beat NI to the punch but here we are.

Hi guys have any of you encountered a problem with the automation of Spectrasonics products? In General, the ability to automate parameters, for example, cutoff, has disappeared.

just want to share for those ones who finished learning the basics of the DAW itself that next step can be The Entire Logic Instruments Manual, https://www.udemy.com/course/logic-pro- ... ts-course/
In this course you will understand and master all of Logic Pro X’s virtual instrument plugins, synthesizers and VSTs. Starting from beginner level, you’ll learn the deep principles of synthesis and enhance your music by learning how to emulate the instrument, synth and drum sounds of your favorite artists, producers and sound effects designers - as well as a wealth of other music production skills.
so it isn't a DAW but instruments tutorial, have fun ... for me too :)

Sharing something I found...
i used to have bugs with Logic 10.5 on Mojave OS...
Drum Machine Designer, Sampler & Quick Sampler were very slow, sluggish, when i was moving the plugins windows around.

No bugs when I tried using the MacBook Pro without the external monitor and moving the plugins around with the computer TrackPad...

It was in fact the Logitech 506 Mouse which was causing the issues.
No problem when I tried an old Apple mouse

For anyone having the same problems, go to the Logitech assistant and in the mouse parameters, decrease the polling rate.
You can chose between 125, 250, 500, 1000, the higher the more stress on cpu or gnu apparently.
At 1000 the DMD & Sampler plugins windows were super slow, at 125 or 250 it was back to normal and fast like DMD was on 10.4

Hope this helps if anyone was having this issue.
Great update :tu:

Loving the update. Question about the drum machine designer and q sampler. When i'm using the logic browser and have DMD open when i'm dragging samples in cells, when I click back on the browser to find a new sample in my many folders the DMD plugin disappears and I have to double click the DMD plugin again to drag a new sample to a new cell, any way I can keep it open while making kits?

Also with the qsampler is there a way to add a curve on the attack and release of the sample?

bellsworth wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:44 am I am a little disappointed that there's been minimal development of Alchemy. While EXS24 was extremely dated and needed updating, I always considered Alchemy to be the new default sampler tool in logic since it can perform all the same multi-sampling functions plus so much more. I would've preferred them to focus all their efforts into lowering CPU usage/load time and adding those new features to Alchemy instead of building an entirely new sampler from the ground up, IMO.
Since it first was added to Logic, Alchemy has received a lot of attention and improvements...

I'm glad the made a whole new Sampler. Sampler and Alchemy are quite different. Glad to have both.

I must say i really love the new sampler(s) and together with the autosampler now in Logic also some other tools/synths/libraries get new love since sampling is much more easy and faster now within Logic.
I was not much into sampling but now i found a new love for it really. I mean it was possible before but with workarounds, third party software and/or Mainstage.
I considered to go back to 10.4.8 due to some trouble with 10.5 but now i´m quite happy and there is no way back.
Alchemy is still one of my all time favorite synths (actually it is together with P900) and it also got a lot new features. I think they will add more here also over time but new sampler were needed really to compete more with other DAWs.

I'm on trial 71 day and only miss some Reaktor (Block) like device playground (which m4l in AL, Grid in Bitwig, Patcher in FL etc.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGJlQQFdQLU
Reaktor itself would be 199,00 € so isn't the cheapest plugin, almost cost the same as Logic

ps. so yepp, https://www.admiralbumblebee.com/music/ ... modulation

Have they fixed the issue with separating instruments from Drummer patterns ?
Freed from desire

There is indeed an issue with Drum Machine Designer, as previously noted, when you want to drag & drop samples from Logic Browser, DMD plugin windows disappears when you go to another folder in the browser, Kicks folder, then Snares etc for example

DMD window is actually still open, but goes behind Logic screen...
If you push or reduce Logic screen, DMD is still there on desktop space

If Logic Team is checking out this thread, it would be great if you could make the DMD plugin window stay on the front of Logic Screen as long as you want to drag & drop samples from various folders in the browser, until you chose to close it. Thanks guys :wink:

Yeah its a real time killer and kills the workflow down. Logic's at a point now that you can write in the flow real fast and still sound design and go through samples and write and the same time and i'm loving the new DMD that just needs to be fixed so it work my better as a plugin imo, I didn't really flow with ultrabeat or exs24 for drum sample. I have brought so many drum sample plugins to use my drums and they were ok but all still missing a solid fast and reliable workflow.

Can you add more than one sample to one cell in DMD and have round robins and layers ?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”