Massive X 1.4 update!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive X Quarantine - Massive X Presets

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:47 am
zerocrossing wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:46 amI wish they’d not given the UI job to the CEO’s nephew, but here we are. :lol:
GUI was done by the same people who did OG Massive GUI, just FYI.
Well, that’s not something to brag about. It really looks like an early comp that they never updated.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Tannaliini wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:21 pm I have seen some comments saying that Massive (the original) was/is better than the new Massive X? I think the main problem people had was the workflow with the new massive... So they are 2 totally different synths, Massive X is not upgraded version of Massive?
I feel that people find the sound of Massive X better, but the GUI problems push people away from really digging into it too much.
Take care :wink:

zvenx wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:47 pmWhat would you consider a game changing update?
I hate that phrase. I don’t think the “game” needs that much changing. I think it just needs a serious UI overhaul and I’d be more than happy. Personally, I’d love it if they implemented MPE, but that’s just wishful thinking, and still wouldn’t put it in a “game changing” category, especially for most people who don’t care about it. It could have a few different oscillator modes, like Alchemy.

The thing is, “the game” is pretty amazing. I think about all the wavetable synths I’ve picked up over the years... some amazing stuff. Factory, Icarus, Dune 3, Pigments... all brilliant for different reasons. Massive X is right there with them, but I’m not sure what happened during development. Maybe something happened that caused that delay and the UI designer didn’t have time to properly do a redesign. I’ve had game designers throw crap at me a few weeks before we were supposed to go alpha that upended the months of work I’d done. I would not be surprised if someone said, “Hey, we redesigned the _____ section to do this,” and some good design got tossed out the window and what we have now hastily implemented to meet a deadline. My email signature used to read, “The great idea you had last night will never turn out as good as the good idea we’ve been working on for months.”
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

FWIW, I like the dark GUI. It still looks pretty crowded, but, IMO, it's better to look at than the white GUI.

Not a super fancy GUI in general, but, IMO, you can work with it no problem. Could be better, yes. Could be worse too. It does its job.

chk071 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:06 pm FWIW, I like the dark GUI. It still looks pretty crowded, but, IMO, it's better to look at than the white GUI.

Not a super fancy GUI in general, but, IMO, you can work with it no problem. Could be better, yes. Could be worse too. It does its job.
Same here, love the dark theme.

I fail to see what is wrong with the UI. IMO it is clean, modern, straightforward...
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

Dark here too

I use the light skin. But maybe i shouldn't say that in these times :help:
More BPM please

zerocrossing wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:44 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:47 am
zerocrossing wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:46 amI wish they’d not given the UI job to the CEO’s nephew, but here we are. :lol:
GUI was done by the same people who did OG Massive GUI, just FYI.
Well, that’s not something to brag about. It really looks like an early comp that they never updated.
Well, it's not, it's been iterated many times over. In fact, if you google-fu, you'll find some early screenshots that show a mockup of a 4-part multi-timbral MX (which I suppose can tell you something about the original scope of MX that wasn't realized due to all sorts of factors etc.)...

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Not if it was intended in the algorithm, or if it would impact a bunch of existing presets. It's ok to report it (as I saw you did also on NI forums), but if it NEEDS to be fixed is ultimately to be decided by MX team, not you (with all due respect).

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

sQeetz wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:03 pm I fail to see what is wrong with the UI. IMO it is clean, modern, straightforward...
Exactly. I disagree the GUI needs an major overhaul, I LOVE it as it is. It's fast and beautiful.

Sounds really good obviously all the work has went into the sound. Night and day compared to the original soundwise. I can wait for fancy graphics all it does is take up those precious cpu cycles anyway

I really like the gui. I find it well layed out and the synth itself sounds incredibly good.

Return to “Instruments”