I want to re-install Camel Audio Alchemy...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

crazyfiltertweaker wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:34 amIs it really allowed that a company stopp support for old users just because they were bought by apple?
So, what do you think should happen? That the police should arrest anyone who decided to stop offering a product, and eventually ended support on it? Your sense of entitlement is incredible.

teilo wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:03 pm
crazyfiltertweaker wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:34 amIs it really allowed that a company stopp support for old users just because they were bought by apple?
So, what do you think should happen? That the police should arrest anyone who decided to stop offering a product, and eventually ended support on it? Your sense of entitlement is incredible.
you know he's basically not been back here since mid-February, right?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:09 pm
teilo wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:03 pm
you know he's basically not been back here since mid-February, right?
:dog:

for the latest Alchemy, u do need a Mac,
but Mainstage has it as well as Logic-
Mainstage is largely more affordable

The Windows installer needs to be one tied to an account.
Your name will show on the UI of your install,
which is the last ver. for WIN

(edited mistake)
Last edited by nix808 on Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nix808 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:35 am for the latest Alchemy, u do need a Mac,
but GarageBand has it as well as Logic-
GarageBand is largely more affordable
I think you mean MainStage, not Garage Band :?
Fernando (FMR)

sorry FMR,
yes-I meant MainStage

I was lucky as I had downloaded Alcheny 1.55 and kept a folder with all the soundbanks and the 1.55 installer. Which is what we were told to do. I have just migrated to a new computer and kept this for the last task. I have just installed iy. It, surprisingly went like a dream and it loaded all the sound libraries et al. The 1.55 version does not ask for passwords. I am quite relieved, as many of my older projects used Alchemy a lot and I have 15 sound banks. I am afraid that you just have to keep a record of these things. I was lucky in that I saw what was happening and am firmly Windows, so followed Camel Audio's instructions. I would never have anything to do with Apple.

I just got a new computer as well and successfully installed all my libraries. Projects using it now load fine.

I really do not understand why people blame Apple.
They found a good product and probably made a very attractive offer.
I have not heard any evidence or even rumours that they did it at gun point.
It was Ben to say no.
But naw, let us blame Apple.
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

Alchemy has remained on my DAWs! Nothing like it. ;)
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Just a reminder that the licensed user's personal information is baked into the installers.

Having bought an Ableton pack recently that turned out to have a developer that was no longer in business I was pontificating about the 'abandonware' betrayal of this pack and the even greater disappearing act of Camel Audio on Youtube today but only then decided to look into installing my old copy of Alchemy on a new DAW computer. Your words
silhouette1 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:09 pm The 1.55 version does not ask for passwords.
gave me hope, back then I did save the necessary files once they warned us in their mailings. Fortunately on an old computer I could find the 1.55 installer installer without too much trouble and from several directories I collected the glorious *.CamelSounds soundpacks (remembering how 'shockingly' expensive most of them were). Oh joy, besides taking quite some time, the VST and libraries installed installed without problems and on loading the VST it only asked the location of the root data folder in order to scan the generous collection of presets (the factory pack alone seems to have 838 presets!). Now I was not 'rich enough' to buy many sound/preset-packs back then but it is such a thrill to have this soft synth working again. Pity we didn't get the other presets for free when they sold their soul to ApL.

yellowmix wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:56 pm Just a reminder that the licensed user's personal information is baked into the installers.
That's a good tip. The installer does not call home to a server that does not exist any longer, if you have your ('legitimate') 1.55 installer you should be able to install it without problems. If you have .CamelSounds libraries you should place them in the same directory as the installer but since there is an auxiliary program "install sound libraries" you could install those sounds later on.

I was lucky in that during the months after the announcement and before CA shut up shop I sold all my CA stuff. If I recall correctly this was years ago, right?

Weird thing was then getting it all back again in my DAW...

Edit. Need more coffee, didn't realize thread was necro'd. 'Betrayal' guy, I think you should get that seen to, it could start to fester if you're not careful. Companies are not your lovers or family, they just sell you shit.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:16 am 'Betrayal' guy, I think you should get that seen to, it could start to fester if you're not careful. Companies are not your lovers or family, they just sell you shit.
Thanks for that profound business masterclass gramp, so honored to receive one of your 'fountain of knowledge' seven-a-day KVR posts! It is clear you really have reflected long and hard about questions like “Would customer trust & Loyalty be good things for business? “ and “Could it be that having repeat customers is more profitable?”. So refreshing to have somebody suggest that selling unsupported software (‘abandonware’) that soon will stop working is from a business ethics point of view entirely legitimate. :party:

Return to “Instruments”