XSRDO Analogy Official Release

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I hope U'll can buy 1 new and recover data from your old HD . if i have to change my pc, i'm afraid that with win 10, all my old vsti will no longer work.

jeff51 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:34 am I hit a truck during a bike ride on Saturday. I'm still vigilant, but I haven't seen it this time .I have to wait 2 months, it's annoying :( . ....as long as I think about it, there are always modules disable sometimes and that too is boring :?
I have an electric bike. Sometimes when riding on the road the vehicles overtake very close and
really scare me :x. Hope your hand heals quickly.

My 6 year old laptop is still a bit dodgy since I updated the bios.
I've been putting it off as long as possible but sooner or later I will have to get a new pc
and of course Win10 :borg:

Kirsty

kirsty roland wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:35 pm and of course Win10 :borg:
:scared: Never thought of that :borg:

I just bought one of the small Waves plugin packs to work on some old tracks I had that used v3 plugin versions. The latest are v11... Started installing and a notice popped up that they were only supported on Windows 10... I have 8.1. <ouch> After having a near stroke seeing that I kept installing anyways - there is an option to install v10 which should work however v11 seems to be ok so far. I’m going to have to update to Win 10 but I’m not sure if I’ll be able to get my firewire audio interface to work with it or not, which means probably buying another interface.. And that is also assuming the computer will work ok (4770k cpu). It just never ends...
Dave

@Kirsty , the new modules progress? :?: ( Sync host , Filters , LFO , ... ) . on my side, I tinker with a few notes with my left hand :)

jeff51 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 4:59 pm @Kirsty , the new modules progress? :?: ( Sync host , Filters , LFO , ... ) . on my side, I tinker with a few notes with my left hand :)
Hi Jeff

Sorry for being a bit slow. It's hard work developing a plugin :hihi:
I've made another LFO and some filters. I've written some MIDI BPM code to integrate with various
modules but can't get sync to host start/stop messages working yet.

Also, I'm trying to improve the GUI. I've spend some time experimenting with Blender but it's a very
steep learning curve for me and I'm finding it hard to work with, so I don't know yet if I will stick with it.
So far I've only been able to work on a few of the GUI module components.
AnalogyGui.jpg
Kirsty :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kirsty roland wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:17 pm
jeff51 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 4:59 pm @Kirsty , the new modules progress? :?: ( Sync host , Filters , LFO , ... ) . on my side, I tinker with a few notes with my left hand :)
Hi Jeff

Sorry for being a bit slow. It's hard work developing a plugin :hihi:
I've made another LFO and some filters. I've written some MIDI BPM code to integrate with various
modules but can't get sync to host start/stop messages working yet.

Also, I'm trying to improve the GUI. I've spend some time experimenting with Blender but it's a very
steep learning curve for me and I'm finding it hard to work with, so I don't know yet if I will stick with it.
So far I've only been able to work on a few of the GUI module components.
AnalogyGui.jpg

Kirsty :)
Hi Kirsty

That's looking nice. Maybe Jeff's hand healing will coincide with the new version; who knows? :hihi: I have had some experience with Blender and it isn't an easy tool to learn so I sympathise with you. I'm looking forward to playing with the new modules but I'm not impatient as I am working with theWaveWarden's Odin2 at the moment.
Look after yourself

Brian :)

Hi guys
glad to hear from you, I thought this project abandoned! :o @Kirsty , take your time, my hand is still in poor condition :?

Definitely NOT abandoned.

Working on the graphics takes time. I'm learning it's all about the imperfections that make the GUI look good.
For example, previously I only used 4 BMP's for the plug holes and they were all lined up perfectly on the modules.
Now I use up to 16 BMP's an arrange them in a slightly 'sloppy' way, just like the real thing.
Also, adding 'dirty' textures to each module background helps. Oh and different colour shading as seen
on the above test image.

Some other things on my TODO list...
Analogue modelled oscillators.
Non-Linear ZDF filters.
Depreciate some less used modules.
Better MIDI integration.
Larger GUI elements. 4K ready.
Possible zoom GUI option.
Reduce CPU consumption.
Improve the reverb algorithm.
More effects.
Improve stability for more host DAWs.
+ other additions/modification to the core code.

it's a long list that will keep me busy.
I just want to make the best modular synth that I can :)

Kirsty

Hi Kirsty

It's going to be awesome! Take all the time you need. :wink:

About the sync, the "start / stop" function may not be necessary. if you have an adjustable MIDI clock (beat value) to control the speed of the sequencer and others, then we will just have to play a note at the right time ( and we can quantize ).I wish you a lot of courage in writing your codes :tu:

Hi Kirsty,
I'd like to report a possible Analogy (64-bit) bug. If I insert it in a Fl Studio 20.7 (64 bit) channel and select one of the factory presets and then close the program window, the preset returns to the first in the list.

I really like the sound. Congratulations! More presets inspired by Roland's Jx series would be really nice!

Regards

ggio77 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:05 pm Hi Kirsty,
I'd like to report a possible Analogy (64-bit) bug. If I insert it in a Fl Studio 20.7 (64 bit) channel and select one of the factory presets and then close the program window, the preset returns to the first in the list.

I really like the sound. Congratulations! More presets inspired by Roland's Jx series would be really nice!

Regards
Do you have the latest version - 0.980?

jeff51 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:23 am About the sync, the "start / stop" function may not be necessary. if you have an adjustable MIDI clock (beat value) to control the speed of the sequencer and others, then we will just have to play a note at the right time ( and we can quantize ).I wish you a lot of courage in writing your codes :tu:
Yep I can do that :)
Erisian wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:07 pm
ggio77 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:05 pm Hi Kirsty,

Regards
Do you have the latest version - 0.980?
Yes, v0.980 will auto save the last patch number in the Config.txt file if you installed Analogy in a folder with write access.

Kirsty

Hi Kirsty

I'm not writing this to rush you, I'm just curious. How are things coming along, and more importantly, how are you?

Return to “Modular Synthesis”