Amusing genre / sub genre names that do actually exist but make you think WTF!?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I was just browsing through some sounds made by a (pretty decent, tbf) sample label which some of you will know, and stumbled across one of their new releases named "Dungeon Techno":

https://www.undrgrndsounds.com/collecti ... eon-techno

Now it's possible that UndrgrndSounds have just made up this new sub genre - but it appears from that website and elsewhere that Dungeon Techno is indeed a 'thing'...

Which got me thinking not only about how sonically it might differ from other possible sub-genres such as Torture Room Techno and Medieval Fetish Techno.
But also, do you have to own a dungeon to make this music (which gives vurt a headstart already :hihi:) or maybe you have to dance around with wild abandon in an actual dungeon, if you can find one, to be a true member of the scene?

I digress...
At 41 years old, a lot of these new (and possibly fleetingly invented) sub genres are an utter mystery to me now.
This is perhaps a good thing.

And so, are there any perculiar or amusing genre / sub genre names which also make you think WTF??
(Or are there any sub genres that you think the world is somehow missing out on currently and desperately needs?).

Cheers,
DW :phones:

:o
my studio is actually named "the nightmare room" :hihi:
after crowleys room of the same name.
his had better art.

as witch house exists i want to propose warlock step.

also, i really enjoy the eastern trance stuff
so jap psy would be cool!

vurt wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:23 pm jap psy
:hihi:

:angel:

"Bio metal" did it for me.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

For a while I thought "black metal" was played by black guys. Does that count?

Peepop

Progressive Trance seems like a contradiction in terms. (These days, Progressive anything.)

Sidewalk Pop.
(Safer than Middle of the Road.)

Trap

rough music.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”