2020 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

rob_lee wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:24 pm Just had a reply from Tip Top audio, they say they're currently developing the new 909 Toms module which is the only one missing from their new modules.
I'll be starting next month with the (Black Happy Ending Rack) along with the BD909 module, I reckon it'll take about 6 months to get all of them (drum modules) then Iv'e no idea what I need after that, maybe a mixer module?
I'll be sequencing this from either Beatstep Pro or preferably my MPC X.. What other modules do you put in a 3u 909 drum rack?

Cheers
depends what you need? what does an 808 usually come with?
will you need per channel?
or just stereo out?

Oh f**king f**k.

This thing comes with a wallwart PSU that's one of the ones you can swap the actual 'prongs' on so you can use it in various places.

Cept the fecking UK one in the bag is a different fitting from the actual PSU.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:15 pm Oh f**king f**k.

This thing comes with a wallwart PSU that's one of the ones you can swap the actual 'prongs' on so you can use it in various places.

do you not have a spare adapter for one of the others?
so usa psu to usa/uk plug?

Finally bought the MOTU 16A that I've been lusting after for years. And you'd think that after looking at it for that long, I would have noticed that it doesn't have a headphone jack. Or external monitor control...

So I also picked up a Schiit Audio Magni Heresy and a Palmer MONICON controller. :phones:

vurt wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:13 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:15 pm Oh f**king f**k.

do you not have a spare adapter for one of the others?
so usa psu to usa/uk plug?
yeah, after sobbing uncontrollably in the corner, I realised Ive got one, though its not 'spare' in that there's something else its needed for.

so, its now working. USB seemed slightly fussy until I plugged it into a hub; Ive got a feeling the top ports on the PC case are getting dodgy.

So far : seamless MIDI-CV from my keyboard, the Cellz is interesting, and although Im a bit fat-fingered with it so far, the sequencing is dead easy, and the Chipz is rather nice and I already want a version with two CV inputs per oscillator.
The Dreadbox stuff probably wont be here till the end of the week, so I might borrow a couple of bits out of Beastie.

it is a bargain at the bundle price too, very tempting (alongside a third mantis???) :oops:

vurt wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:31 pm it is a bargain at the bundle price too, very tempting (alongside a third mantis???) :oops:
Yeah the price for the bundle is crazy.

vurt wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:19 pm

or just stereo out?
So the modules in my first build would be..

Tip Top Audio
  • BD 909
    SD 909
    RS 909
    CP 909
    CY 909
    TM 909
Would like an onboard mixer module with sliders if possible and then separate outputs to my Mackie 1642
The Happy Ending rack looks like I could fit even more modules, tried to do that rack thing in modular grid but doesn't work for me hehe thought you just dragged them up to your custom rack?

Also maybe a distortion/Overdrive module in the rack too.

Just seen this pic on Matrixsynth love it.. wish I knew what the other modules are it doesn't show the whole picture however this is what I'd like to get eventually.

on modular grid, theres a "+" sign in the box when you get all the modules you search.
click that, should add them to the empty rack :tu:

vurt wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:41 pm on modular grid, theres a "+" sign in the box when you get all the modules you search.
click that, should add them to the empty rack :tu:
Cheers vurt will have a go now :tu:

rob_lee wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:18 pm

or just stereo out?

Tip Top Audio
  • BD 909
    SD 909
    RS 909
    CP 909
    CY 909
    TM 909
Would like an onboard mixer module with sliders if possible and then separate outputs to my Mackie 1642
The Happy Ending rack looks like I could fit even more modules, tried to do that rack thing in modular grid but doesn't work for me hehe thought you just dragged them up to your custom rack?

So you'll be wanting one of these then.. ;)

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/wmd-performance-mixer-le

or this.. bit smaller.
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/wmd-perfo ... ixer-black

and both in your colour... black :tu:

toonertik wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:05 pm
rob_lee wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:18 pm

or just stereo out?

Tip Top Audio
  • BD 909
    SD 909
    RS 909
    CP 909
    CY 909
    TM 909

So you'll be wanting one of these then.. ;)

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/wmd-performance-mixer-le

or this.. bit smaller.
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/wmd-perfo ... ixer-black

and both in your colour... black :tu:
I'm in there now had to add another 3u I'm at £3,088 now ffs :lol: :lol: :lol:
This stuff is addictive but absolutely love it

rob_lee wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:07 pm
i only went to check how to add stuff to your rack for you and im building a rack full of mutable instruments :o

you owe me man!!! :lol:

vurt wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:15 pm
rob_lee wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:07 pm
i only went to check how to add stuff to your rack for you and im building a rack full of mutable instruments :o

you owe me man!!! :lol:
It's fab building them but I keep forgetting I need to add a power supply to each rack and end up swapping stuff out then building up another row. Some expensive gear on here, what's the best manufacturers, Tip Top, Erica Synths? Or are there other good ones? There's a ton of gear on here mate, like a kid in a sweet shop :lol:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”