Amusing genre / sub genre names that do actually exist but make you think WTF!?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

equine drug music.

for people who like ketamine, probably use an acronym though.

Spotify claims there is a genre called "mandible," but few people seem to be willing to guess what defines it or where it came from.

foosnark wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:30 pm Spotify claims there is a genre called "mandible," but few people seem to be willing to guess what defines it or where it came from.
I'll have to chew on that a bit...
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

DocAtlas wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:55 pm
foosnark wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:30 pm Spotify claims there is a genre called "mandible," but few people seem to be willing to guess what defines it or where it came from.
I'll have to chew on that a bit...
:clap: nice.

Crunk

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:38 pmCrunk
i thought that was the dance not the genre?

(i am old though :shrug: l

vurt wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:42 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:38 pmCrunk
i thought that was the dance not the genre?

(i am old though :shrug: l
I just thought it sounded like a STD

:lol:
I thought that a Crunk was a 'crusty' punk - for example, a late-50s pot bellied, skid marked geezer with a greying mohican...

vurt wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:18 pm equine drug music.

for people who like ketamine, probably use an acronym though.
Actually, I feel that now's the time for some farm-themed electronic music: anyone up for a bit of sheep-gabber, goat jungle music or industrial battery chicken techno? :hihi:

Prog rock. For a while it was called "symphonic rock" but obviously they were trying much too hard :hihi:

To me, it definitely has to be "lowercase" - ambience oriented genre with a decent amount of "natural" sounds, like ants walking or "flowers growing", but it's boosted to an audible level, which makes it sound like random clicks or distortion.

Which in turn just makes it sound like pads with some distortion.
Take care :wink:

I don't think natural sounds is necessarily a part of lowercase, it's just a thing people do with it. The main point is to record really, really quietly. I think you're supposed to listen at a level where you almost can't hear it, but I think what really happens is people just turn the volume way up... so it's ambient music with a high noise floor and is really startling if you forget to lower the volume when you switch over to Death Magnetic :hihi:

youd think id do lowercase, given my aversion to capital letters.

Complextro?

But Hair Metal is also nice
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

FapFilter wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:30 pm Complextro?
was he an autobot or decepticon?

Dunno, but i always wondered wether it was an especially complex genre, or you simply need to have some kind of complex in order to be able to listen to it
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”