Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

chk071 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:49 am
StardragonEX wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:45 am That is the problem, I'm afraid of CodeMeter, I don't want some spyware taking my CPU resources.
"I'm afraid of CodeMeter" - well, nobody can help you with that.

"I don't want some spyware" - well, how good for you then that Codemeter isn't spyware.

"taking my CPU resources" - don't worry, the CPU usage is totally neglectable.

But, again, if you're afraid of Codemeter, then nobody can help you with that. I'd recommend to stop listening to the prophets of doom, and making up your own mind, rather than relying on braggarts who think that they talk for anyone but themselves.
And what brought codemeter now? Is Avenger now more protected?
No it isn't. Codemeter got actually cracked by R2R. I think you can count on one hand what will follow.
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

Hm, why can't the preset packs just have an heavy protection, but instead the synth itself with the factory bank none at all (serial only or so)? Then it might be that all parties would be extremely happy from now on, having a good life. Manuel could get rich by publishing preset packs every months, and simple people like me could be happy with a stable, solid bread'n'butter synth.

ReboundAudio wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:00 am And what brought codemeter now? Is Avenger now more protected?
No it isn't. Codemeter got actually cracked by R2R. I think you can count on one hand what will follow.
I have no idea what is cracked and what is not, but, in general, a copy protection is as much a "never crack" protection as the lock on a car. There is no complete protection in software. It's always a trade off. It's also always a trade off for users.

I don't get the scandalism sensationalism talk though. As usual, it's a small minority acting as if they were the majority, and, also as usual, they not only state their own point of view, but want to take influence on other buyer's decision, and also the developers' decisions. Not cool. Just don't buy the plugin if you're not OK with Codemeter. There's really no need to play those power games here, once again.

StardragonEX wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:45 am That is the problem, I'm afraid of CodeMeter, I don't want some spyware taking my CPU resources. Why don't use a eLicenser pendrive as Nexus 2.
eLicenser runs in the background too, so does iLok, they all rely on system services to function but I have not found them to use significant amounts of CPU. CodeMeter is also used by Reason, which is used by a lot of people. The 3 months check in thing is a weird idea though, why would they need that if you have dongle or HD based protection anyway? It just seems an extra check for no reason.

I think elicenser does not run a background service all the time (which is a poor, unnecessary design decision in my opinion), but instead will be launched with the app or so? I think since Steinberg developed it, it has more brain inside. Only sad that an hardware dongle will be required, so I will leave this train then.

Will I be able to use the v1.58 in 5 years, still? Will you remove the protection later from v1.58 later maybe, so it still runs in 20 years?
Last edited by Hanz Meyzer on Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

StardragonEX wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:45 am ...Why don't use a eLicenser pendrive as Nexus 2.
1. Endless complains from many users over the years
2. Fragile
3. Often times tend to cause plugin to break and need to make a restart, maintenance etc.
4. Modern computers tend to have fewer USB ports, and rather than occupying one with a dongle, it is logical to hook up something much more essential.
5. Again endless complains.
6. Many developers suffer from eLicenser CP
7. Expensive on the developer.
Hanz Meyzer wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:14 am...Will I be able to use the v1.58 in 5 years, still? Will you remove the protection later from v1.58 later maybe, so it still runs in 20 years?
Let's survive 2020 and we can discuss that later.
Last edited by phreaque on Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:14 am I think elicenser does not run a background service all the time (which is a poor, unneccessary design decision in my opinion)
No, it isn't. It's rather a matter of how you design the software.

StardragonEX wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:45 am By the way, I tried the AVS Avenger demo a few minutes ago, and the GUI kind of lags. Does that happen with the full version too?
Nobody respond me to this.

Anyways if CodeMeter has to run all the time, even when I'm not using VPS Avenger (that will be most of the time), it's a no no for me, I don't wanna a FPS less in my video games and game developer applications. But I will be checking the plugin out from time to time to see if the copy protection was changed to something decent.
Last edited by StardragonEX on Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

StardragonEX wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:22 am
StardragonEX wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:45 am By the way, I tried the AVS Avenger demo a few minutes ago, and the GUI kind of lags. Does that happen with the full version too?
That really depends on your setup. AFAIK, if the demo runs smooth then the full version will run smooth. Unless there's a computer issue. And for that, you will need to be specific on what setup you have, components, drivers, os, etc...

phreaque wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:35 am
StardragonEX wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:22 am
That really depends on your setup. AFAIK, if the demo runs smooth then the full version will run smooth. Unless there's a computer issue. And for that, you will need to be specific on what setup you have, components, drivers, os, etc...
Maybe the drivers are, I haven't updated them for months.

I have ilok, elicence and now CM all on my DAW, none of them do any harm AFAIK but its a shame that something as simple as a single VST instrument cant offer at least alternatives for those of us already using dongles etc.

The VMan program certainly make it a lot easier, it was confusing as hell to me when it was first implemented out of the blue....I am still not sure what a container is and I dont like getting annoying periodic pop ups saying my Avenger licence will expire in XX days...but I like Avenger, so I have learned to live with it.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

StardragonEX wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:33 am Anyways if CodeMeter has to run all the time, even when I'm not using VPS Avenger (that will be most of the time), it's a no no for me, I don't wanna a FPS less in my video games and game developer applications.
Apart from that you don't know whether or not you will get a frame per second less by using Codemeter (I doubt it), there are gazllions of services running in the background in Windows, which will have a much bigger impact.

Common sense: A lot in pro audio depends on low latency, and performance. Developers won't implement additional stuff which is not relevant for the actual audio which has such a impact that you can run a track less or something in your DAW.

Anyway, I've had my word here, I won't change your mind anyway, and, if I learned one thing here then that it is pretty pointless to discuss with anyone who already made up his mind with what he thinks happens, not what he actually knows.

chk071 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:19 am
StardragonEX wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:33 am Anyways if CodeMeter has to run all the time, even when I'm not using VPS Avenger (that will be most of the time), it's a no no for me, I don't wanna a FPS less in my video games and game developer applications.
Apart from that you don't know whether or not you will get a frame per second less by using Codemeter (I doubt it), there are gazllions of services running in the background in Windows, which will have a much bigger impact.

Common sense: A lot in pro audio depends on low latency, and performance. Developers won't implement additional stuff which is not relevant for the actual audio which has such a impact that you can run a track less or something in your DAW.

Anyway, I've had my word here, I won't change your mind anyway, and, if I learned one thing here then that it is pretty pointless to discuss with anyone who already made up his mind with what he thinks happens, not what he actually knows.
To be honest you help me to decide to not buy it with your unhelpful and arrogant attitude.
And I don't need to be convinced by anyone.
I just needed more info so I could take my own decision.

And the Avenger demo GUI feel laggy and I'm dissapointed by the copy protection.

I hope the developers do something about it, meanwhile I will wait for version 2.

What info are you looking for? You already judged for yourself that Codemeter takes so much CPU that you have a frame or more less in your games and that Codemeter is not decent.

BTW, feel free to download and demo Reason. It uses Codemeter as well. You can also check about the frame rate in your games. I.e.: Don't rely on the opinions of others. You know the saying, opinions are like a**holes.

And if you think that's arrogant, well... then so be it. :shrug:

Return to “Instruments”