FBM Fury 800

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fury-800

Oh, oh.

Problem.

While the UI is perfect with the LICE version, it eats up an entire CPU core as soon as its started.

The original version did not do that, it took maybe 1 or 2 percent.

Regret having to bring such bad news, still a big Thank You for trying to make the plugin better for all.

Im sure everyone appreciates it.

Looks very like the EX-800 I used to have. Sounds authentically ''pants'' too.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Works fine in Bitwig 3.1.3, Win 10 x64, with an NVidia GTX 1650.

Aloysius wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:12 pm ...Sounds authentically ''pants'' too.
So there are "Corduroy" and "Stiff Squeaky Leather" presets?

Aloysius wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:12 pm ...Sounds authentically ''pants'' too.
So there are "Corduroy", "Assless Chaps" and "Stiff Squeaky Leather" presets? :D
Back O/T I have fond memories of Poly 800s from friends and music stores in the '80s.

:)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Björn, thank you. This has been on my Korg wish list for ages (as is the DW-8000, which I'm sure you're already tackling). I spent the evening transported back to 1983 and have to say, this sounds really good. Maybe even better than the original. Either way, I can't wait to fire this through some proper reverb and delays and listen to it really sing. Thanks again!

Works perfectly in Waveform 11, on Windows 10.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

It is nice to see this being brought back to life. I used to have one back in the day and I always hoped it would make its way into the vst world one day so I could re-live the good old days. Thanks Björn!

Perhaps the equally fun and quirky Poly 61 will show up one day to :) These synths were quite affordable back in the 80's which is why many had them.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

And that was the only reason to have a Poly800. But next to something like an ESQ it sounded ghastly.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I wonder if everyone is aware of these two features (via MENU button)?

Cheers, Björn
f800_1.png
f800_2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

yes, I found those yesterday, show all is very useful :tu:

AutoMotto wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:50 am It won't open on FL studio 12.4 it just says "fruity wrapper failed to load"
Can confirm that that's the case, doesn't seem to load on 12 in general. But FL20 works just fine. Haven't gotten on to test it with FL11, but expect it's the same case as FL12.
Take care :wink:

Full Bucket wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:30 amI wonder if everyone is aware of these two features (via MENU button)?
That is handy, although I'm pretty sure when I looked I didn't see a 50% GUI option (but that could have been Mono/Fury). I'll check when I get home from work (and I'll amend my review accordingly). You should have Show All Parameters on by default.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:46 amThat is handy, although I'm pretty sure when I looked I didn't see a 50% GUI option (but that could have been Mono/Fury).
Yeah, I think I don't have the 50% at the Mono/Fury...
I'll check when I get home from work (and I'll amend my review accordingly). You should have Show All Parameters on by default.
To tell you the truth, I deliberately did not: One should instantly see how horrible it was to edit those machines. :evil: :troll: :hihi:
And once you active (or deactivate) "Show All...", the setting is persisted.

Cheers, Björn

Full Bucket wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:30 am I wonder if everyone is aware of these two features (via MENU button)?
yes! of course!
resizable! what a treat!
love it!

thank you so much!

from what i can see, fb3300, monofury, mps and stigma have also become resizable
can we expect all the others also to be ?

so cool.... :-)

btw:
the "cairo" versions give me instant crash in logicX 10.5 (the new one)
as soon as i click on the resize triangle (crashlog saved)
the non-cairo-versions are ok
no problems in hostingAU

and:
if i resize fury800 dynamically via the mouse/resize-triangle,
close the plugin window and reopen it again,
the biger/new size will NOT be remebered
i.e.: it opens with the default size

but if i change the size via the menu it will be rembered correctly upon reopen

Return to “Instruments”