Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Can't really see the background processes as a valid issue, when you consider it will most like be running on Windows 10, 90% of which is bloatware for DAW use!
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

Why VPS Avenger needs this system when there are many synths without this sort of system? And why there is this 90days re-activation needed? My friend who knows about sales + programming, said this sounds like "rent for 90days per time" system. If you buy something, you should have it for yourself, after all this is BUY a full product, not a rent thing? Yes?

Also I need to be connected to internet all the time when using this synth? That is also a bit frustrating.

Tannaliini wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:43 pm Why VPS Avenger needs this system when there are many synths without this sort of system? And why there is this 90days re-activation needed? My friend who knows about sales + programming, said this sounds like "rent for 90days per time" system. If you buy something, you should have it for yourself, after all this is BUY a full product, not a rent thing? Yes?
Its not rent when the reactivations are free. It is inconvenient though. If you know you're going to be offline for a while, then reactivate and that gives you a few weeks offline time.
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

I understand the issue and I dont like codemeter either. I mean its already enough to have ilok and why not use Ilok as well? nooo we need another one and another one. however at least it should be possible to just run the background program when actually using it. I mean it wont need to be on at start unless it works on kernel level which it probably does not.
But my main reason posting is to those guys which say „gtfo win10 is 90% bloatware“: yes it is but there are people like me who spend hours in cleaning up a win10 installation to not have bloatware and disable all unnecessary background services to maximize the installation and get rid of all tracking and keylogging. and for what? because I habe to install CM to be able to use Avenger? yeah it sucks but noone forces me to do it. so thats why Vengeance shoot their own back with this (and maybe their attitude/customer service but respect to manuel he is very helpfull on here but I had one bad email experience with Vengeance as well). so... I still use it bc I like it. and I have a clean win10 install with CM. bothers me but not as much than not using avenger. if Vengeance would want more customers they will do smth about CM if not - its their concern, so stop beeing disrespectful bc its not ur company. constructive criticism might be helpfull but all I see is whining...

MasterTuner wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:49 pm
Tannaliini wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:43 pm Why VPS Avenger needs this system when there are many synths without this sort of system? And why there is this 90days re-activation needed? My friend who knows about sales + programming, said this sounds like "rent for 90days per time" system. If you buy something, you should have it for yourself, after all this is BUY a full product, not a rent thing? Yes?
Its not rent when the reactivations are free. It is inconvenient though. If you know you're going to be offline for a while, then reactivate and that gives you a few weeks offline time.
I thought you need to be connected to internet to use Avenger? ...so this is NOT the case? Only when doing the re-activation you need to be online?

MasterTuner wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:49 pm
Its not rent when the reactivations are free. It is inconvenient though.
[/quote]

I think the point my friend made, was that if the company behind Avenger stops operating, you can't activate the synth anymore = this way it is a like "renting". You buy the synth, but you only have it for SURE the 90days you've activate it.

I know there has some people having problems re-activating the synth after that 90days period (I think 1 person finally just gave up and stopped using the synth, I don't know how the others did in the end, did they try to re-activate it or what). Stuff like that makes my friend comment "like renting" sound valid :/
Last edited by Tannaliini on Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Only when doing the re-activation you need to be online?
Yes :wink:
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Tannaliini wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:46 pm I think the point my friend made, was that if the company behind Avenger stops operating, you can't activate the synth anymore = this way it is a like "renting". You buy the synth, but you only have it for SURE the 90days you've activate it.
In this case there are loads of other software have an C/R copy protection. Sure, they will "live" for as long as you keep your installation, so hopefully more than 90 days. But in case you need to re-install, or of you replace your computer, you're screwed.

I trust Vengeace releasing an update to Avenger with no copy protection in case they go out of business.

I don't think you have to worry.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

What a "funny" discussion about Codemeter pros and cons. I'm working every day many hours on my music and for that I need 99% reliable products. Mistakes happen, that's no problem and Avenger is in itself a great synth, that was the reason I bought it, but I had never so many problems with other software and I'm not alone!

In their Facebook group it was forbidden to post technical problems, because that group was only meant for communication about the great Avenger features and marketing stuff. If people posted technical problems a fan crew there warned to obvserve the rules! Meanwhile it seems they gave up, because such "warnings" became fewer. I'm also in many other Facebook groups and big communities, but I have never experienced anything like that before!

If you have problems with Avenger, you can contact the support or you have to search through endless forum pages or facebook posts, because there is no FAQ which explains them all. Other developers simply updating their FAQ!

If you post problems for example here at KVR, you get insulted as a "KVR troll" in their facebook group, This post is there since 12:44, I made a screenshot!

So the problem is not only Codemeter, it's the whole package!

What's next?

Perhaps it would be time, to stop that "fight" and help each other to fix that problems!

clipnotic wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:11 pm What a "funny" discussion about Codemeter pros and cons. I'm working every day many hours on my music and for that I need 99% reliable products. Mistakes happen, that's no problem and Avenger is in itself a great synth, that was the reason I bought it, but I had never so many problems with other software and I'm not alone!

In their Facebook group it was forbidden to post technical problems, because that group was only meant for communication about the great Avenger features and marketing stuff. If people posted technical problems a fan crew there warned to obvserve the rules! Meanwhile it seems they gave up, because such "warnings" became fewer. I'm also in many other Facebook groups and big communities, but I have never experienced anything like that before!

If you have problems with Avenger, you can contact the support or you have to search through endless forum pages or facebook posts, because there is no FAQ which explains them all. Other developers simply updating their FAQ!

If you post problems for example here at KVR, you get insulted as a "KVR troll" in their facebook group, This post is there since 12:44, I made a screenshot!

So the problem is not only Codemeter, it's the whole package!

What's next?

Perhaps it would be time, to stop that "fight" and help each other to fix that problems!
This seems kind of sect to me as you describe it. It's not ok. They want you to believe everything is ok, when it's not.

Sorry to the good people behind VPS Avenger though. I will still check in from time to time if the problems have been resolved.

I was hoping someone here could help me. I've already sent an email to support and since I have no clue when someone will get back with me or how it will go I decided to ask around here. I just installed a new ssd on my computer and it is now the boot drive. Avenger now crashes immediately in Fl Studio and Bitwig. Bitwig allows you to reload crashed plugins and I realized that I can trigger notes and projects that contain Avenger will play once it's been reloaded. But if I try to open the UI it crashes instantly. All of my plugins work as expected after the change except for Sampletank 4 (can't say I'm surprised there). ST4 is crashing immediately upon opening as well. It's funny I have had no problems with Avenger up until this point and considered myself "lucky" when hearing about others problems. I tried installing Vman for the first time just to see if I got a different result and it won't load. The window starts to load briefly and then disappears. Any ideas?

Be aware that in Codemeter scheme Your hdd in fact functions as a dongle. No wonder Avenger went insane in that scenario. What I would try: make the old hdd main system boot drive again (I hope it is possible); deactivate Codemeter licenses that are assigned to this drive; make the new SSD 1st boot priority again and now assign and activate licenses to this SSD ("container"). If You wiped Your old system hdd that functioned as a Codemeter "container", you basically "lost the dongle" and need to "restore licenses" from VPS Avenger site "https://vps-avenger.com/login".
Just a modest 80's admirer.
My SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-675457440

stay on the truth please:
yes, the FB group is NOT a support forum. Our support does not monitor this. Support is done via email. We cant keep track of a public board, where all throw something in. Same as here: NO support here! For sound questions/general questions: me, technical questions: Rene or Andre at "support at vengeance-sound.com". Andre also does remote sessions to help people in the last instance. So its assured that in the end it will work, and in the end it worked for everyone.
Further fact: Yes, you have been banned from the FB group (one of the very few 2 people I had to ban, except occasional china bots) and yes, because of trolling (I wasnt the only one which had this view on your posts). You had enough chances to step back.
The Avenger group is a really good and helpful place. Lot of cool people there (over 3k meanwhile). And even its not a support chat, its great for sound questions, production questions, feature requests, feature announcements, FAQs, preview videos and sound previews of upcoming features or XPs - and all other informations someone may have. Same for the FB Nexus group btw.

msvs wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:34 am stay on the truth please:
yes, the FB group is NOT a support forum. Our support does not monitor this. Support is done via email. We cant keep track of a public board, where all throw something in. Same as here: NO support here! For sound questions/general questions: me, technical questions: Rene or Andre at "support at vengeance-sound.com". Andre also does remote sessions to help people in the last instance. So its assured that in the end it will work, and in the end it worked for everyone.
Further fact: Yes, you have been banned from the FB group (one of the very few 2 people I had to ban, except occasional china bots) and yes, because of trolling (I wasnt the only one which had this view on your posts). You had enough chances to step back.
The Avenger group is a really good and helpful place. Lot of cool people there (over 3k meanwhile). And even its not a support chat, its great for sound questions, production questions, feature requests, feature announcements, FAQs, preview videos and sound previews of upcoming features or XPs - and all other informations someone may have. Same for the FB Nexus group btw.
Okay, let's stay on the truth and the facts!

1. I'm NOT banned from the Facebook group? I'm still there! Perhaps you mistaking something?

2. I'm NOT a troll there!

3. I helped people there, too!

4. I'm not called as a "troll" there, but all here, this is the text:

"For example: I can't mention Avenger on KVR without getting flattered by trolls who quote installation issues time and again, true or false ..."

Last edited by clipnotic on Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”