2%
Reason Europa
3%
Msoundfactory.
1%
WaveWardin Odin
1%

Total votes: 880

:wheee: One more update bye-bye serum...
Han

BONES wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:03 pm
KBSoundSmith wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:26 pmhere's what I remember disliking: the nature of the GUI, modulation system, poorly designed MSEG/LFOs and editor with strange limitations (addressed by now, maybe?), the included samples, wavetable implementation, and the snapins.
Really? If you asked me to list the things I think makes Phaseplant a real standout, most of those things would be in the list. The GUI is awesome, the mod system is as good as any of have used and better than 90% of things out there. I've run into no issues with MSEG or LFO and I think the LFO editor is a real selling point. I don't know about the wavetable implementation because I don't use the wavetable osc at all but I do love the Snap-ins. I use them all the time, both in and out of Phaseplant, because they get the job done with a minimum of fuss.
Likewise, the modulation implementation is clumsy and crude, taking up needless GUI space and requiring several steps and modulation mixtures to achieve basic functionality achieved with one knob in better designed synths.
I think you must be confusing PP with some other synth because PP's mod implementation couldn't be easier - click the "+" button on a mod source, and start adjusting the knob/slider/button/widget you want it to modulate. I can't think of an easier system or one that shows you all the different mod sources at each destination so effectively.
The GUI and UX design choices are, bluntly, poor.
I'm glad they didn't hire you to do it, then.
With what they charge for their snapins, you are much better off buying significantly better standalone FX plugins, or hell, upgrading your DAW.
Can you point me to something better than the Phase Distortion Snap-In? Or Disperser? Even Faturator is a well above average distortion plugin.
Yeah i think the poster who was complaining about these things is nutz. I fully agree with your post. I put phaseplant right up there with serum. Serum gets a slight edge just because i would say that its a little bit quicker getting to what you want to do, but i think you can go deeper and do a lot more things with phase plant

Return to “Instruments”