Looking for 90's eurodance sounds / techniques

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nickamandote wrote:
surreal wrote:I am definetly looking at getting this sound set for Spire!!

Is there any other 90's type sounds sets for other Synths?
Try Korg M1/Wavestation VST
Those synths I have!! I am looking more for presets for Sylenth, Dune 2...fm8 and massive

surreal wrote:
nickamandote wrote:

Those synths I have!! I am looking more for presets for Sylenth, Dune 2...fm8 and massive
I know there were some similar presets for Synth1 (free) but have no idea about others.

nickamandote wrote:
surreal wrote:
nickamandote wrote:

I know there were some similar presets for Synth1 (free) but have no idea about others.
Thank you very much for the heads up... do you know which of Synth1s preset bank are geard towards 90s type sounds?

nickamandote wrote:
surreal wrote:
nickamandote wrote:

Thank you very much for the heads up... do you know which of Synth1s preset bank are geard towards 90s type sounds?

surreal wrote:
nickamandote wrote:
surreal wrote:
nickamandote wrote:

Try bwwd's Gold and Green packs

Thank you very much!! I will Google thise banks! Thanks for your help and suggestions

I have pretty much every sample from all the synths that made the famous Euro House tracks of the 90s. I can share with you if you like.
Try only to surpass your own previous accomplishments instead of beating others

If he's not, I am. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

IRL303 wrote:I have pretty much every sample from all the synths that made the famous Euro House tracks of the 90s. I can share with you if you like.
Yes yes please! That would be great!

Hey Everyone

Just dropping in again in this tread to ask if there is any more 90s orientated vsts or presets that I can use.. I am also looking for the organ sounds of Leila K open sesame and felix dont you want me... also the bass sound of Co.Ro because the night. If anyone can Advise that would be awesome!

Samplers / ROMplers were big in the 90s. It was really their decade. I want to focus more on them as well.
Dúnedain

I think when it comes to Eurodance, one of the more important aspects is the composition of the tracks. Most tracks follow a similar progression and have a very repetitive/catchy feel to it, almost adding/removing layers in a very primitive way, adding a synth, removing one, bringing it back and pretty much just reorganizing a few elements all the way throughout.

When it comes to the sound itself, personally I found that a good starting point is just playing around with free "vintage" plugins. Let's say Rave Generator or 1984 and just getting in the mood.
Take care :wink:

Check out this new soundset geared to the harder sounds and early rave synths
Like 2 Unlimited, Underworld etc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS38o1aF36U

Sorry guys but I don't understand something here. I watched on Youtube many presets presentations of these almost all classic synthesizers that have been mentioned on this all topic and none, literally none, had a preset that sounded like the ones used in Eurodance! Of course I only mean leads and synthes. I don't include organs, piano, guitars, even basses etc.
All these presets sound like 80's music, not mid 90's Eurodance!

None sounded like the ones used in projects like E-Rotic, Masterboy, Fun Factory, DJ Bobo, Culture Beat, Ice MC etc.
It's still some big secret what they used in their studios to create these sounds and how in the 90's I still think they had access to alien technology!

hinson wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:43 pm It's still some big secret what they used in their studios to create these sounds and how in the 90's I still think they had access to alien technology!
Much more likely to be Roland, Korg and E-MU sound modules :)

Return to “Production Techniques”