Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Unify (Standard Edition)

On their Facebook page, they said Unify 1.12 will be released later today !!! (June 3rd)
Here's a link showing new features of the update.

(Apologies to John and Shane if this isn't supposed to be shown yet. Cane me with a wet noodle if necessary) :hyper: :hyper: :uhuhuh: :uhuhuh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukCx5_8 ... LC-qkpUM74

It's coming, folks, honest! You just wouldn't believe the number of i's which need dotting and t's that need crossing!

Congrats Shane! As a refresher, does one drag the 1.1 content file into the 1.1.2 GUI, then initiate a rescan?

Nice one. I did the upgrade/install, but couldn't see the new Dragonfly reverbs under Unify Standard, but found them under All Effects >> PluginGuru. In case anyone's in the same boat.
emasters wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:10 am Congrats Shane! As a refresher, does one drag the 1.1 content file into the 1.1.2 GUI, then initiate a rescan?
To update the patches I downloaded the file unify_standard_library_1_1.zip and unzipped it to a location then browsed to that after clicking
Settings >> Add Content
where it says "select .guru file"

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

One very quick "would be nice" request - could we possibly have a global master volume level multiplier you can set on the standalone version (maybe in the Settings screen) because otherwise every patch you load seems to reset the master volume level. Or even better a (transparent as possible) brickwall limiter dB level we could set.

I'm glad I was wearing headphones and only partially deafened myself just then when everything leaped up about 30 dB, ouch! :)

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

It seems Ilio is sending the 1.1.2 update version of Unify, but the 1.0.12 update of the library. Is this correct?

C-quence wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:34 am It seems Ilio is sending the 1.1.2 update version of Unify, but the 1.0.12 update of the library. Is this correct?
What's the size of this library package?

Unify Content 1.0.12 Update.guru - 593 KB

C-quence wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:58 am Unify Content 1.0.12 Update.guru - 593 KB
It should be:
Unify Standard Library.guru
And the size is 2.37 GB
Maybe Ilio still uploading the content to their servers?

Guess so... The Ilio update page was also displaying the old version, might be a caching issue or they're in the middle of updating things.

Really great work. Love to see it.
Take care :wink:

emasters wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:10 am Congrats Shane! As a refresher, does one drag the 1.1 content file into the 1.1.2 GUI, then initiate a rescan?
YES, this is very important:
  • The v1.1 content (.guru file) is an important part of this update. It contains updated Preset files of many kinds, including the standard plug-in subsets updated for e.g. Dragonfly reverbs.
  • If you have the content file as a .zip, unzip it first, then drag/drop into Unify (or use the "Select .guru file" button in Settings).
  • The patch database should rebuild automatically. (Click lightning-bolt icon if it does not.)
  • It is not necessary to re-scan your plug-ins; the Known Plugins database is retained.

Shane: Could you please help me out with the Ilio stuff? It seems they haven't updated their website yet, so I can't download the v1.1 content file yet? Are you aware of that?

... and of course thanks for the v1.1 update, really appreciate the hard work!!!

Return to “Instruments”