Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

so you are not the german guy, philosophed about the purpose of this group?

ps: if I read your signature I could p***, this says all. :?
Last edited by msvs on Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

msvs wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:06 am so you are not the german guy, philosophed about the purpose of this group?
Ehm, no!?`What post do you mean?
msvs wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:06 am ps: if I read your signature I could p***, this says all. :?
THAT says it all! :tu: :D
Last edited by clipnotic on Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

the topic about the "purpose of the entire group"... so it started I remember

msvs wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:10 am the topic about the "purpose of the entire group"... so it started I remember
an really interesting topic! And this user would banned from your group, because of that? :D

If you don't trust me, that I'm not a banned user in your group, we can discuss this there! :D

PS: I'm looking through my posts there!
Last edited by clipnotic on Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

then this must have been another guy!

msvs wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:21 am then this must have been another guy!
I don't find that post there in my post list in your group, but that could have been me speaking, so it's no problem! :D

msvs wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:06 am ps: if I read your signature I could p***, this says all. :?
At that again, I explain my signature:

"VST developers need more motivation and best motivation is hardcore criticism!"

"Hardcore criticism" is the only way to success, especially if you present a "hardcore marketing" for example "the last synth you will ever need"! As I presented my first halfway hearable tracks to the puplic, the most listeners didn't gave me hard criticism and some of them only praised my work. This was many years ago and if I listen to that tracks today, I could p***, because that tracks were really shit! But a few good friends of mine told me, why they're shit and that really helped me to become much better!

You want to present the last synth you will ever need and that is the highest possible target and at that level, you provoke hardcore criticism! If I would release "the last tracks you will ever need", I would get endless shitstorms! :D

so its you to decide a develepor needs motivation from you in form of "hardcore" criticism? And if he disagrees? My thoughts are, that a bit commendation is by far the better "motivation" for a dev.

msvs wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:22 pm so its you to decide a develepor needs motivation from you in form of "hardcore" criticism? And if he disagrees? My thoughts are, that a bit commendation is by far the better "motivation" for a dev.
Of course, I can decide for myself that a developer needs "hardcore" criticism, because I'm a customer which bought Avenger for example! And I bought Avenger because the developer gave me the promise that Avenger is the last synth I will ever need, but at the moment I need many other synths, because after three problems with Avenger, I don't trust it!

But fine, tell me, what motivation would you like?

msvs wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:22 pm so its you to decide a develepor needs motivation from you in form of "hardcore" criticism? And if he disagrees? My thoughts are, that a bit commendation is by far the better "motivation" for a dev.
I don't agree with hardcore criticisms either. Personally I think constructive criticism is the most useful.
But after 50+ years of life, I have indeed learned that everyone has different 'languages' that motivates them.

But Manuel do you believe with commendation without any form of complaints?
rsp
sound sculptist

By the way, to pay money should be motivation enough!

Constructive criticism is what have made this synth even better over time, with regular updates that fix bugs and implements new features.

starflakeprj wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:13 pm I trust Vengeace releasing an update to Avenger with no copy protection in case they go out of business.
Pretty much every single software company that has gone out of business and promised this have failed to keep their promise.

So yeah, be gullible.. but the track record ain't great.

Having said that, I just take Avenger for what it is (and keep copies of the older versions in backup) right now. It's a great synth, well worth the money in my opinion. If Vengeance do go bankrupt and I loose the ability to use Avenger I'll be pissed but will move on.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:03 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:13 pm I trust Vengeace releasing an update to Avenger with no copy protection in case they go out of business.
Pretty much every single software company that has gone out of business and promised this have failed to keep their promise.

So yeah, be gullible.. but the track record ain't great.

Having said that, I just take Avenger for what it is (and keep copies of the older versions in backup) right now. It's a great synth, well worth the money in my opinion. If Vengeance do go bankrupt and I loose the ability to use Avenger I'll be pissed but will move on.
For me the idea of loosing capability to use synth (especially expensive one) is something I really don't like.
1. I invest my time to the synth to learn how to use it
2. Create sounds for it or even buy expansions for it (extra money)
3. And naturally I will use it in my music - so I need it to be working even after years
4. And it should be ready to use = not needing to fight with some re-activation codes etc

So I see getting a synth NOT just investment of money, but also investment of my time.

I think in terms of "hardcore criticism", you might need to ask yourself, "how do I respond if someone criticises me harshly in my life?" Does it motivate me, or might I even rebel against it? Or is there a better form of criticism to which people respond better.
I can take honest harsh criticism from a loved one because they have the authority, but from a person I don't know well.... maybe not so much.
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

Return to “Instruments”