Amusing genre / sub genre names that do actually exist but make you think WTF!?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

While not really a genre I find "8D Audio" hilarious.
https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/why ... r-8d-audio

While we're at it: also no genre, but i find it funny what nowadays being a “producer“ means
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

I never understood the "Christian Death Metal" genre.

Seems like a conflict of interests.

PatchAdamz wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:57 pm I never understood the "Christian Death Metal" genre.

Seems like a conflict of interests.
satanic gospel :)

Fripp told me once that his mom came back from grocery shopping on was humming "Twentieth Century Schizoid Man", when he asked her what she was humming she said, "it was the muzak playing at the store, schizoid something, lovely tune...."

So I guess the genre of that would be progressive, hard rock, muzak, or a combination that could destroy small insects.

His mom liked it....

foosnark wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:16 pm The main point is to record really, really quietly. I think you're supposed to listen at a level where you almost can't hear it.
That would explain the addition of nature sounds. Somewhat of ambient ASMR?
Take care :wink:

FapFilter wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:30 pm Complextro?
Surprisingly, (maybe not to some), but Complextro was a decently prominent genre around 2014. I wonder if still has as big of a scene.
Take care :wink:

Deep Handbag?
I think that was big in the early 90’s?
Or did I just imagine it?

zyzygis wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:07 pm Deep Handbag?
nope, not imagination.
hard bag too.

PatchAdamz wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:17 am Fripp told me once that his mom came back from grocery shopping on was humming "Twentieth Century Schizoid Man", when he asked her what she was humming she said, "it was the muzak playing at the store, schizoid something, lovely tune...."

So I guess the genre of that would be progressive, hard rock, muzak, or a combination that could destroy small insects.

His mom liked it....
:lol:
I really wonder though what grocery store would play “schizoid man”... sure, it’s a lovely tune, we all know that :wink: but still...

“Math Rock” makes me think of a couple musicians who sit together and solve complex equations after a gig...

vurt wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:18 pmequine drug music.
I didn't have my goggles on when I first read that, I thought it said, equine dung music.
I thought it might have a country-folk feel . . .

[quote=vurt post_id=7791666 time=1591286916 user_id=5605]
[quote=zyzygis post_id=7791662 time=1591286825 user_id=121613]
Deep Handbag?
[/quote]

nope, not imagination.
hard bag too.
[/quote]

Thanks, that’s a relief, I think I imagined most of the 90’s TBH.

Powerviolence, hands down.

Andrew Huang and Boyinaband (both great musicians and YouTubers) have a video where they guess wether certain genres are legit or fake based on the name. Person real favorites include handbag house, neo traditional country and cow punk. :hihi:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”