UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Biome_Digital wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 8:27 pm Does UVI have a decent sale on this? What's the lowest price it's gone for? I would love a demo to try before laying down $350!
I think I paid €224 for it in the last decent sale, but you also get a €100 UVI voucher so you can get a really good saving if you're also going for something like Vintage Vault when that's also on sale.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Btw, I recently purchased a Expressive E Touche and it came with a $50 voucher for Falcon. I already own falcon, but if anyone will really use it right away, just reply here. I will message the first person who replies that they want it. I tried to use it on sound banks, but it is only for the actual Falcon synth. Only reply if you are really going to buy it. thanks.

UVI has a rotating sale on its entire product line. Eventually they get around to Falcon. I know the last couple of big Falcon sales occurred around the holidays.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Falcon 2.0.8 Update

- EXS handling fixes
- Optimization in Waveshaper in case of default knee
- Fix regression regarding Windows DPI
- Enable async drawing on OSX Core Graphics renderer
- Handle sustain pedal in Step Line and Polyphonic Seq
- Fix possible out of range note in MIDI Player
- SFZ handling fixes
- Fix position spread on boundaries in IRCAM multi granular
- Fix possible soundcard regression on Windows in standalone version

I would be very happy if the FM synth modul in Falcon 2 could get more waveforms and individual feedback controls per carrier/modulater. That would be sooo awesome.

Hey, if I have a single Keygroup with Multiple Sample Oscillators inside of it.

How would I change all of them to another Osclliator Type (Sample->Stretch) for example? Right now I find no way to batch edit and only to change each one manually. Thanks!

collider wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:32 pm I would be very happy if the FM synth modul in Falcon 2 could get more waveforms
That loongtime request. But i agree, more advanced FM is one of most desirable things.

I love Falcon for the sound and flexibility. My biggest wishlist item would be for an interface scaling option greater than 150%, ideally 200%. On my 4k screens the 150% option is just too small for comfort.

EDIT: And just like that...tried the new version and I'm now getting a 200% option. Awesome!!

wombat778 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:22 am EDIT: And just like that...tried the new version and I'm now getting a 200% option. Awesome!!
This is very much welcomed :love:

Personally, I would love to see the ability to host 3rd-party VSTs as Oscillators :hyper:

That one ain't gonna happen, I'm pretty sure.

Just picked up some Falcon expansions before the sale ended; great stuff/great price:)

In the process I noticed that I have in my UVI SoundBanks folder something called Universal Loops and Instruments, over 5G, which I can't find anywhere else, such as in my Products, in the iLok Manager, or in Falcon itself. It's pretty old, maybe left over from MachFive…? Anybody know about this? I'd like to either access it or delete it if that's not possible…

TIA!

Hi, I seem to have some Falcon issues since updating to the latest version, I use Reaper 6 on Catalina.

The AU version only plays the left channel when in multi output mode, the outputs are all screwed up too, also I cannot drag a folder into Places anymore which is really frustrating. Is there another way of adding to places?

Anyone else with this issue?

Cepheus wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:37 am I was wondering if one could browse from within Falcon in the various ufs soundbanks that come with the various Falcon expansions. A bit like source browsing in Omnisphere2. There is a wealth of resources (samples, wavetables..) in the soundbanks but not really visible for the user (correct me if I am wrong). Yes, one can edit an existing preset containing a certain sample or wavetable but not from a new preset.
This would be so amazing and something I’ve wanted for a long time. Personally I don’t care about presets – I’d much rather have a bunch of easily-browsable source material to make my own patches. I would buy a lot more UVI libraries to get access to sound sources if they made them available.

I would love a WT->WT FM and increase max pitch range by a lot (which is 48 right now). This really helps with more extreme sounds. Serum has something like 8 octaves which is beautiful. For percussive sounds built via oscillators (not the percussion osc) this would be so helpful.

Also thank you for the update :)

Return to “Instruments”