Released: Free Synthesizer Odin 2 [Win / Mac / Linux]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Odin 2

teilo wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:42 pm If plugins are installed using a .pkg installer, this is not an issue. By running the installer using the right-click, Open method, any installed plugins will not be quarantined because you gave permission for the installer itself.

So, long story short: Anyone developing plugins for Mac, but not signing them, should take the time to put together a PKG installer. It's not hard to do, and will avoid end-users having to mess with Terminal.
Sorry to bother you again, but:

I wrote a .pkg installer, using the software "packages" (worst name ever for googling stuff btw. :hihi: )

Is there anything I need to do for this dequarantinazation? Users can hit "install anyways" and it does work then? I'm just wondering as the "open anyways" option seems to be not working for the plugin themselves.

pough wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:35 pm Getting and restoring bus layouts might be what Waveform is doing that breaks VST3 plugins.

Lines 29 (get) and 54 (set) here:
https://github.com/Tracktion/pluginval/ ... sTests.cpp
That particular test is "strictness level 4", which I can report is now working on all three platforms.
Maybe the issue is fixed already, I still have to reproduce it yet.

Anyways thanks for diving in and even supplying the relevant code parts :tu:

TheWaveWarden wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:59 pm Maybe the issue is fixed already, I still have to reproduce it yet.
I have a Waveform test edit all set up that reliably reproduces the problem. Will there be an updated beta any time soon?
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

pough wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:29 pm
TheWaveWarden wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:59 pm Maybe the issue is fixed already, I still have to reproduce it yet.
I have a Waveform test edit all set up that reliably reproduces the problem. Will there be an updated beta any time soon?
There will be definitely one before the final release, but as stated earlier the next update depends on sorting / volume adjusting / renaming all the patches, which I don't see happening in less than two weeks.

I was able to reproduce the issue last night, however. No idea what's happening though :?

how to make a lfo random - apart from using a wavedraw oscillator? Random source in modmatrix doesn't seem to work for this.

kone2006 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:08 am how to make a lfo random - apart from using a wavedraw oscillator? Random source in modmatrix doesn't seem to work for this.
What do you mean exactly by random? There's a sample and hold option in the LFO (the waveform with "random" steps).

The "Random" modulation source just generates a random numeric value for every note played.

Ok,i missed the S&H lfo,but how to smooth the S&H.i tried S&H lfo in scale of modmatrix with a sin lfo as source (osc vol. as dest)

kone2006 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:34 am Ok,i missed the S&H lfo,but how to smooth the S&H.i tried S&H lfo in scale of modmatrix with a sin lfo as source (osc vol. as dest)
No way to smooth it currently, sorry.

I thought about allowing filter-input as a modulation destination, though. Then one could use a lowpass-filter to smooth it and do all kinds of shenanigans.

The downside would be that it is very easy to build feedback loops, which blow up speakers, ears and my email inbox :wink:

Ok,no problem.it will be nice to enable/disable modmatrix entries while testing(maybe a on/off dot for each line).

Yes Mr. Wavewarden I had another copy on the c drive. Forgot I had had issues when first installing and put it there also. Thanks for your patience.

TheWaveWarden wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:47 am I was able to reproduce the issue last night, however. No idea what's happening though :?
My money is on a situation like "no host will ever ask me to do X in situation Y."
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Hi Warden. I thinK I have found a bug with the tuning of the Spectral Draw Oscillator:

First, load AnalogOsc in slot 1 and SpecDrawOsc in slot 2. At some stage, after altering the envelopes, changing filter etc. the output of these two seems to go to a mixed signal (FM).

I have been able to reproduce it but am not sure at what point this happens?

Running Live 10 Standard on Mac OS 10.15

H-man wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:41 pm Hi Warden. I thinK I have found a bug with the tuning of the Spectral Draw Oscillator:

First, load AnalogOsc in slot 1 and SpecDrawOsc in slot 2. At some stage, after altering the envelopes, changing filter etc. the output of these two seems to go to a mixed signal (FM).

I have been able to reproduce it but am not sure at what point this happens?

Running Live 10 Standard on Mac OS 10.15
The tuning of the oscillator shouldn't be dependent on anything that happens after the osc-section (leave modmatrix). I need some more information to go on.

As you say you're able to reproduce it, could you file a bugreport, and also send me such a patch via email? I tried to reproduce it from what you've said, but I couldn't :? Be sure to be very thorough in the "steps to reproduce" please.

Crosspost from OSC-thread:

I uploaded the first version of a manual for Odin 2.
It is still work in progress, but I figured it could help settle some of your questions.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/95cuwgn4oxxi7 ... P.pdf?dl=0

Disclaimer 1: The manual is written for the upcoming version 2.2.0, so there are slight differences.

Disclaimer 2: If you are easily offended by grammar mistakes you better not click that link. The whole thing was created in a 72 hour caffeine induced texting session.

Please don't upload it elsewhere!

Hi, Wavewarden,
How did your thesis go? I h ope it's all been good and that you managed to succeed !

Return to “Instruments”