Quanta - A new granular synth from Audio Damage (Now available)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Quanta 2

:tu:

I really like the new update, a lot. Looks like they removed the Preview sample button (on the presets page). Is there another way to preview the loaded sample before it is manipulated by Quanta?

Hello everyone! Does Quanta support portamento (a pitch sliding from one note to another)? Which parameter determines how long it takes to slide between notes?

Could be wrong as I never use portamento, but I don't think so. Your best bet is to try out the demo and experiment with it :wink:

Thank you.

XiaoBong wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:43 pm Hello everyone! Does Quanta support portamento (a pitch sliding from one note to another)? Which parameter determines how long it takes to slide between notes?
It does support pitch bend (and MPE). "BEND - the signal for the MIDI pitch-bend wheel. This signal is bipolar; pulling the wheel towards you generates negative values, so that you can bend note flat by connecting this mod source to GRAIN TUNE and/or OSCILLATOR TUNE. A modulation setting of 10 will give you a pitch bend range of two octaives, one octave in either direction."

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1550/ ... 0984124637

Your DAW should allow you to automate the pitch bend to determine the time it takes to slide between notes. Some DAWs probably have a function to make midi equivalent to portamento by generating the appropriate pitch bend slides between all time-adjacent notes in a selection.

Ou_Tis wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:34 pm BEND - the signal for the MIDI pitch-bend wheel. <...>
Thank you for the link. I guess this workaround is suitable for some situations. I'm into microtonal music though, and this method seems quite complicated in my workflow.
Ou_Tis wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:34 pm Some DAWs probably have a function to make midi equivalent to portamento by generating the appropriate pitch bend slides between all time-adjacent notes in a selection.
I use Cockos Reaper. I'll try to find more info on this topic.

Quick heads up just to let you know Quanta has been updated to 1.2.0

Nothing huge, but still well maintained and nicely updated on a regular basis. From the readme file:

CHANGES IN V1.2.0
New:
> Linux VST3 added to payload.
> macOS versions now Universal 2, and will run native on M1 Macs. Unfortunately, this means that the minimum macOS is now 10.12 “Sierra.”

Fixes:
> WebKit and OpenGL removed entirely. This won't affect macOS or Windows, but it removes some annoying dependencies in Linux.
> There was a small bug in the MPE Zones implementation that was preventing notes arriving on channels 13-16 from triggering a voice. This has been fixed. It was first found in the Live 11 beta, but it may have been happening elsewhere and we were just unaware of it. In any event, no longer a problem.

Thank you.
rsp
sound sculptist

Is anyone using Quanta in logic? I have been trying to load in samples to the VST but it just plays the INIT preset. No matter what file I drag in (WAW or other formats) What is the deal here? Can just forget to get an answer from support its been 3 weeks since ive mailed them. Im Using Logic Pro OS 11.2 with Big Sur. Thanks

i am using logic 10.5.1 with mojave: works fine

drag&drop a wav file
i think, what you hear and lets you think nothing has changed
might be the quite loud (synth) oscillator, so best is to turn it down (0%)

to hear the sample louder go into the FEG and adjust FEG2 (amplitude) with a higher sustain
also in the grains field you can adjust the level (from 80% default to 100%) whichmakes the whole thing...
...uhm...louder...uhm...more hearable ;-)

hth
cheers & happy grain-tweaking

Hopefully in the near future (I've heard other people asking that at some point) they'll add the ability to set loop points/range in the sample buffer. Right now, the whole sample is granulable and there's no way to set a range or area to focus on.

Does anyone know if we can automate the GRAINS POSITION on Quanta on Logic Pro? I'm really new here on KVR, so I'm sorry if this question is inappropriate to ask here.

yumayamaguchi wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:13 pm Does anyone know if we can automate the GRAINS POSITION on Quanta on Logic Pro? I'm really new here on KVR, so I'm sorry if this question is inappropriate to ask here.
yes you can (as far as i can see)
it's called "source position"
you can find the parameter in the automation lane's pulldown menu
alongside a lot more automatable quanta parameters
hth

muki wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:56 pm
yumayamaguchi wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:13 pm Does anyone know if we can automate the GRAINS POSITION on Quanta on Logic Pro? I'm really new here on KVR, so I'm sorry if this question is inappropriate to ask here.
yes you can (as far as i can see)
it's called "source position"
you can find the parameter in the automation lane's pulldown menu
alongside a lot more automatable quanta parameters
hth
Ohh, now I see!! Thank you so much for your help!

Return to “Instruments”