Massive X 1.4 update!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive X Quarantine - Massive X Presets

sinemotor wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:15 pm I use this synth all the time and I had to check a picture of the interface to remember which knobs are black... I see "Level" or "Pan" above the knob. That is the important information.
You're doing it wrong. You need to focus on the little things that you dislike. I mean, how dare you to think positively? :o

sinemotor wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:15 pm I use this synth all the time and I had to check a picture of the interface to remember which knobs are black... I see "Level" or "Pan" above the knob. That is the important information.
Me too! Hahah
I didn't even remember there were black knobs!

Last time I used MX about 10 minutes ago and I have to open it again to see which are those black knobs. I'm curious if I'll see them now :D

EDIT:
Ok, now I see which are those black knobs. Seriously I didn't even spend millisecond thinking about why those knobs are black for all the time I was using MX. All of the are labelled so all the information that I need is there lol

The devil is in the details.

When I go to the restaurant I also just eat my steak and Belgian fries.
Surely there's a lot I don't notice on a conscious level. I just consume it.

But the cook sure does and so it should.
Don't turn things around because you don't have the finesse to notice them!
Last edited by Stefken on Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You obviously don't know how people process (visual) information.

zerocrossing wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:28 pm So after two weeks of not looking at it, it’s frustrating to have to think “how do I do that again?”
Sinisterbr wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:29 pm Me too! Hahah
I didn't even remember there were black knobs!
It seems that people have a hard time remember anything about this UI, without having it right in front of their face. Do you actually think this is a good thing?

The only things that bother with Massive X are:
- obviously the browser. No favorites and that the folder always reverts to "All Types" when closing the GUI are a bummer
- no mouse wheel support
- the way menu selection works. The way I use menus in Windows, is clicking and holding, hover above the item I want to select and then letting the mouse button go. In MX you need to click the menu and then click on the item you want again. Wish they would change that.
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

Stefken wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:50 pm The devil is in the details.

Massive X tastes very good though. ;) I think it's a mistake to focus on what it looks like.

Anyway, we're running around in circles here.

didnt bill murray already make this movie?

Stefken wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:53 pm
You obviously don't know how people process (visual) information.
So sinemotor is not a human? :o

Stefken wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:53 pm You obviously don't know how people process (visual) information.
Of course I don't since I'm not Human... Just like MX graphic designers apparently.
Last edited by sinemotor on Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chk071 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:05 pm
Stefken wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:50 pm The devil is in the details.

Massive X tastes very good though. ;) I think it's a mistake to focus on what it looks like.

Anyway, we're running around in circles here.
Well, in this thread I do. Because that's what strikes me the most about his synth.

One of it's biggest advocates also left the building recently (he is selling the synth). Because it's about way more than black knobs of course. That's just one example, that you guys take out of context. Because that's what you like to do.

I certainly don't see a big following for this synth and I truly believe this would have been different with a good ui (because the sound IS good).

Stefken wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:12 pm One of it's biggest advocates also left the building recently (he is selling the synth).
Not that that really would matter. But, I think you definitely misunderstood his motivation. He was rather saying that you shouldn't focus so hard on every single small inadequacy of a instrument, especially when it sounds as good as MX does.

Again though, I think we're running in circles. And I couldn't care less who doesn't use or ends up selling MX. It has zero influence on whether I like, use, or plan to sell the synth.

chk071 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:24 pm Again though, I think we're running in circles.
Yes, we obviously are. But that would surely not be a first on KVR now, would it? :wink:

Hope this isn't hijacking the thread (maybe it is) but is anyone else having an issue where every time you bring up Massive X it re-scans every preset (which takes 5-10 minutes)? If I'm the only one it's happening to I'll open a ticket but I wanted to see if it's a known issue. thanks

Return to “Instruments”