FBM Fury 800

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fury-800

I have an EX-8000 fully operational, in case that helps
Bjorn, you must take advantage of this opportunity!

OrangeSlices wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:02 pm I hope DW 8000 is next ...
Me too!

OrangeSlices wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:40 pmwhy would you sell DW 8000, Bjorn? did you starve at some point in life?
I sold mine to buy an ESQ-M, which is a way better synth in every possible way and is also multi-timbral. DW8000 was good in its day but was surpassed in the late-80s by a lot of newer stuff. I think I only got cents in the dollar when I got rid of it, nobody wanted them any more.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

fmr wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:05 pm I have an EX-8000 fully operational, in case that helps :shrug:
I assume you wouldn't be willing to sell it? I am looking for one for quite some time now... :hihi:

The filter in it is the best filter Korg ever had apart from their old mini/maxiKorgs. Absolutely killer.

A brief look in the service manual tells me that the DW-8000 uses the same VCF chip (NJM2069) as the Poly-800 (and the DSS-1).

Cheers, Björn

Another yes please to the DW-8000.

at this point, I'd even take a software DW-6000, lol. Or a DS-8, which I had never actually tried back then.

raiderpdog wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:45 pm Another yes please to the DW-8000.

at this point, I'd even take a software DW-6000, lol. Or a DS-8, which I had never actually tried back then.
If you had a DW-8000 plugin, you could dumb it down to a 6000.

And you can make your own DS-8 with Dexed by modifying my directions here: viewtopic.php?t=523914
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:50 am
fmr wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:05 pm I have an EX-8000 fully operational, in case that helps :shrug:
I assume you wouldn't be willing to sell it? I am looking for one for quite some time now... :hihi:

The filter in it is the best filter Korg ever had apart from their old mini/maxiKorgs. Absolutely killer.
Sorry, but no. I never sold a synth I have bought. And it is a very nice little bastard... :)
Fernando (FMR)

+1 for the DW... <3

Btw we are f_k_ng nostalgic people... :-D

Full Bucket wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:27 pm A brief look in the service manual tells me that the DW-8000 uses the same VCF chip (NJM2069) as the Poly-800 (and the DSS-1).

Cheers, Björn
Yep, but the oscillator is done in an interesting way, and also I am not sure that NJM is implemented in exactly the same way as on DSS-1 or Poly-800.

Watchful wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:40 pmIf you had a DW-8000 plugin, you could dumb it down to a 6000.
Yeh there are some slight differences between the two, but I wonder if it's really that hugely important.

https://www.synthark.org/Research/Korg- ... -8000.html
Last edited by EvilDragon on Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Watchful wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:40 pm
raiderpdog wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:45 pm Another yes please to the DW-8000.

If you had a DW-8000 plugin, you could dumb it down to a 6000.

And you can make your own DS-8 with Dexed by modifying my directions here: viewtopic.php?t=523914

wow, thank you for that Dexed info! I had never known any of that was possible. Very cool info, and very cool of you to post all that for those of us that don't know!

Loving this plugin, thank you. It brings back lots of memories and I'm loving the enhancements such as 64 note polyphony. However I seem to have an issue when recording real time controller data such as cut off and resonance. Is anyone else finding that they are unble to edit the MIDI data after it's recorded? - Edit: Ignore my question I have figured it out. :tu:

Omg yes! Thank you Bjørn ! :o :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Bjorn and Urs are the coolest Germans.

I mean, Angela probably thinks she's the coolest, but she can't do synthesizers. Only bass patches after heavy Oktoberfest-ing.

This thing sounds wonderfully cheezy...just like a Poly800

Return to “Instruments”