Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My interest won't be bass patches or song specific patches. Unless someone wants to recreate Terminator patches. I still kind of get nostalgic about it.

But everything brass, horns, strings, unison leads, hard sync leads, yeah.

I wish some of you mofos actually posted some of this shit coming from Obsession. I'd like to hear some really emotive strings done by Obsession. Can you do it?

My grandma can do Jump patch of her kazoo plus. Big whoop. She can do Tom Sawyer too, if she eats beans and drinks her Staropramen right after.

But we need to get past these two sounds, folks. Actually, if I was Tom Oberheim, I'd be kinda bummed all people would want from my synth was Jump and Tom Sawyer. Every focking time Tom is probably like c'mon man, not this shit again..

OrangeSlices wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:30 pm I wish some of you mofos actually posted some of this shit coming from Obsession.
You seem to have a big mouth for someone who literally joined yesterday.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

But I agree with him, I am more interested in such sounds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i5McaIoN7g

I know it is the OB8, but it almost the same...

OrangeSlices wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:30 pm My interest won't be bass patches or song specific patches. Unless someone wants to recreate Terminator patches. I still kind of get nostalgic about it.

I wish some of you mofos actually posted some of this shit coming from Obsession. I'd like to hear some really emotive strings done by Obsession. Can you do it?

My grandma can do Jump patch of her kazoo plus. Big whoop. She can do Tom Sawyer too, if she eats beans and drinks her Staropramen right after.

But we need to get past these two sounds, folks. Actually, if I was Tom Oberheim, I'd be kinda bummed all people would want from my synth was Jump and Tom Sawyer. Every focking time Tom is probably like c'mon man, not this shit again..
Some of us old geezers in here just wanna relive their youth though and thats ok. Its the equivalent of some of the 30 year olds reliving their youth by buying retro games they grew up with.

:hihi:
:borg:

OrangeSlices wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:30 pm My interest won't be bass patches or song specific patches. Unless someone wants to recreate Terminator patches. I still kind of get nostalgic about it.

i doubt anyone can give you what you want from vague descriptions... best to wait for the demo and try for yourself :wink:

Anyone else smell a sock puppet ? :drunk:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I think one of the things that I like about the sound is the way individual voices are panned. It creates the illusion of width.
Air's Hybrid 3 can do that as well. The only issue that causes at times is that several voices might pile up on one side, leading to clipping, unless one reduces the overall volume considerably.

Ghostwave wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:38 pm
OrangeSlices wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:30 pm I wish some of you mofos actually posted some of this shit coming from Obsession.
You seem to have a big mouth for someone who literally joined yesterday.
Another sock account from a regular poster. f**k knows why people do it, it's pretty weird...

Teksonik wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:39 pm Anyone else smell a sock puppet ? :drunk:
i reported him at 6am....

I had his basement raided at 6:42 and seized all his boxes of tissues. I don't know why, I just like tissues.
abernathy wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:55 pm I'm so confused by this thread... So the release is delayed because Rich had to go back and make it sound crappier to be more accurate?
No, everything is on track. There have been no delays because of anything that has been done, other than what needs doing.
vurt wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:39 pmjump around!!!
Wrong song, idiot!
chk071 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:08 pmStill sounds a tad clean and less beefy, but, that's my OCD, I guess.
I think it just needs both low octaves, not just the one lower, but I prefer the cleanness of just playing the one lower C. It allows the piece to breathe a lot better. To my ears it sounds fuller than the Diva version. Plus, of course, if you want to multi-track it, to make it even more slavish copy of the original, that's no problem these days either.
PAK wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:17 pmIt's really not. The example is anaemic. Hopefully it's just in the patch editing, otherwise Diva will whip its ass for Oberheim sounds.
Sorry, to my ears your Diva one sounds less full. To be fair, yours is more than a little bit too bright, which might just be affecting my perception of the full spectrum.
PAK wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:58 pmOk, now here's the Arturia OB-XA V version with the tweaks I suggested (I didn't even change the default reverb setting!!)
Arturia OB-XA V Jump
I suggest someone from Synapse uses the Arturia plugin to look at the settings.
This time the Synapse one sounds brighter and more like the song. More importantly, it sounds "better" - richer and more tonally balanced. And Rich has the real thing so I imagine he can just refer to preset A1.
V0RT3X wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:19 pmSome of us old geezers in here just wanna relive their youth though and thats ok.
No, it's not. It's pretty sad, really. If your life doesn't get better as the years roll on, you're living it wrong.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:11 amSorry, to my ears your Diva one sounds less full. To be fair, yours is more than a little bit too bright, which might just be affecting my perception of the full spectrum.
Maybe. Here's an adjusted version. The nice bit about Diva is wherever you feel there's a difference there's a decent chance you can adjust for it.. ;) Diva Jumps
BONES wrote:
PAK wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:58 pmOk, now here's the Arturia OB-XA V version with the tweaks I suggested (I didn't even change the default reverb setting!!)
Arturia OB-XA V Jump
This time the Synapse one sounds brighter and more like the song. More importantly, it sounds "better" - richer and more tonally balanced. And Rich has the real thing so I imagine he can just refer to preset A1.
Yep. Then maybe he should. Your ears might tell you the Synapse one is richer and brighter. Mine say OBXA V is a helluva lot closer to the original.. and I gave the settings to easily replicate it if someone can muster up more enthusiasm and is bothered to tweak the reverb etc ;)

BTW I am assuming the issue is settings based, rather than the emulation itself..

AnX wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:01 pm
Teksonik wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:39 pm Anyone else smell a sock puppet ? :drunk:
i reported him at 6am....
Good job, he's been banned. I wonder who it was... :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

This thread is a hotspot for insurrection.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

zvenx wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:45 pm I am guessing now that audio snippets are allowed that it is indeed very close :)
Thanks for these.
rsp
You can count in days now :love:

Yes I've seen it coming, because we see the sun before the others (NZ) :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”