RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

RapidBROWSER.JPG
Is therein the full version better browser? Like "sub folders" for leads, keys etc? In the demo version they all are in a same folder. Would be much easier/faster. Also, is there any "search" function in the full version (can't find it in the demo)?

This synth seems to have much potential! Just the browsing could be easier (+ the importing system as @Dombaeb mentioned).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tannaliini wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:20 am Is therein the full version better browser? Like "sub folders" for leads, keys etc? ...
This is how it looks like in the full version...
No search afaik but every folder you add to your user library appears alphabetacically in the folders list too...
There are even more folders which aren´t visible in the image...
Rapid.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Trancit on Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trancit wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:56 am
Tannaliini wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:20 am Is therein the full version better browser? Like "sub folders" for leads, keys etc? ...
This is how it looks like in the full version...
No search afaik but every Browser you add to your user library appears alphabetacically in the folders list too...
There are even more folders which aren´t visible in the image...

Rapid.jpg
Acid and more acid :clap: :love:

Tannaliini wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:14 pm
Trancit wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:56 am ...
No search afaik but every Browser you add to your user library appears alphabetacically in the folders list too...
I just saw I made a mistake here... of course it has to be: folder ...and not browser

Dombaeb wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:15 am Importing everything into Rapid is very painful, have to mention. Please, allow to import folders and add drag & drop features.
:tu:
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:59 pm
Dombaeb wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:15 am Importing everything into Rapid is very painful, have to mention. Please, allow to import folders and add drag & drop features.
Okay now.. since drag & drop into the oscillator is already supported (if there is at least one user library), I guess you mean something like a "Quick Import"? Something to skip the selection of the target library, the import method and the naming?
Have to think about a good way to convey it. Maybe a selection area during the hover, which then directly imports it with the file name and embedded information?
Tannaliini wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:20 amWould be much easier/faster. Also, is there any "search" function in the full version (can't find it in the demo)?
A new search view in the main preset browser is planned for 1.9.

parawave wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:06 am
Okay now.. since drag & drop into the oscillator is already supported (if there is at least one user library), I guess you mean something like a "Quick Import"? Something to skip the selection of the target library, the import method and the naming?
Have to think about a good way to convey it. Maybe a selection area during the hover, which then directly imports it with the file name and embedded information?
Tannaliini wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:20 amWould be much easier/faster. Also, is there any "search" function in the full version (can't find it in the demo)?
sounds great! checkout other Granular? vsts, e.g. padshop, falcon etc. you can drag and drop from the file browser of your daw the sample and it instantly load up, this way you can asap audition your sounds incl. settings without re-cllicking too much :). i can do some short videos if you like.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

parawave wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:06 am .......
Yes!!
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

parawave wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:06 am I guess you mean something like a "Quick Import"? Something to skip the selection of the target library, the import method and the naming?
I think the best way to make it without redoing much the import system is to allow import folders, not just single files. One step further - dynamically track user-defined folders (like in Phase Plant - totally comfortable import system, in my opinion). For example, I have the folder "wavetables" where I store my custom wavetables or just wav's which I can use in Rapid, Serum, etc.

In case of Rapid, I need to import each single wave one by one. That's what I mean "painful".

Like I mention, the best import system (in my opinion) implemented in Phase Plant. This synth doesn't force me to do anything special for it, I only need to specify already existed folder path. I think it's impossible to get wrong make import this way, it fits everyone.

Caine123 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:35 am
sounds great! checkout other Granular? vsts, e.g. padshop, falcon etc. you can drag and drop from the file browser of your daw the sample and it instantly load up, this way you can asap audition your sounds incl. settings without re-cllicking too much :). i can do some short videos if you like.
Yes, but they can't handle granular with multisamples. Rapid can do and thats why the importer is a bit more complicated. But I also want sometimes a faster way for single samples and wavetable. We talked about to drag and drop a sample into an osc and it is directly usable. In this case the sample would not be stored in the user library rather in the preset itself.
So we are thinking about solutions but more in detail after we released 1.8.

Mirko R. wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:18 pm .....
Any eta?
rsp
sound sculptist

parawave wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:06 am
This sounds promising!

Dombaeb wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:59 am
In case of Rapid, I need to import each single wave one by one. That's what I mean "painful".
You can already select multiple wavetables and import them all at once if you want?

https://youtu.be/Tty2Hwi8d2A
Last edited by SLiC on Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Mirko R. wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:18 pm We talked about to drag and drop a sample into an osc and it is directly usable. In this case the sample would not be stored in the user library rather in the preset itself.
This seems like a good approach to me.
Fernando (FMR)

any sale coming up, cant quite afford full price as im isolating/shielding and no pay atm
thanks
tony

Return to “Instruments”