Here is the Fairlight CMI III Library for free in (most) popular sampler formats

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here, for free is a properly looped mapped and tuned selection of most of the original Fairlight CMI III factory library. It also includes a version of the IIx library with a bunch more unknown user content, imported on the series III. This apparently is what anyone with a series III would have acquired over the years. Arguably, the II is the more interesting sounding machine.

It is provided in the following formats:
Kontakt
EXS-24
NN-XT
Structure

The Kontakt version is compressed in its own folder to avoid problems with moving the directory. This is the only version I have tested properly. The other formats probably need a little tweaking so if anyone wants to improve those feel free to share the files and I will update this folder.

We created this using Redmatica Keymap after extracting the WAVs from a CMI Hard Drive using CMIOS9. I tweaked the Kontakt version after. So in many cases the loops and the tuning will be more accurate/ smoother than the original. In some cases where the voice is made up of a selection of dissimilar samples, the mapping might be a bit funky

My hope with this is to:

1. Help people make great music.

2. Bust some of the myths about the Fairlight. Now you can form your own opinion about these classic sounds.

3. I see a number of people trying to make money out of these sounds, selling them in Kontakt or to Fairlight owners at inflated prices. This is morally wrong.

4. There is some cork-sniffing in the Fairlight community, generating illogical arguments about having to own a Fairlight before you are entitled to use these sounds. Luckily I am friendly with some Fairlight owners who think this is silly, and my thanks to them for helping with these sounds.

5. Enjoy! Feedback/ discussion welcomed.

http://madtheory.com/site/fairlight-...ctory-library/
Last edited by madtheory on Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

cool sounds, thanks!

Thank you very much for your generosity but it appears the link is broken.

(you can eventually get there but it returns a page not found message)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

Thanks!
Correct link

Thank you very much. I'll feed my Kontakt tomorrow with it! :tu:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

wow this is awesome! Thanks!

Excellent work. I'm linking to the SFZ file conversion from EXS-24 using Bliss. This way the library can be used with a broader range of samplers. SFZ files need to be placed in the same folder containing the WAV files.

https://www.discodsp.net/presets/Fairli ... ry_SFZ.zip

Cheers,
George.

Thanks Tomás for the samples and George for the SFZ conversions :tu:

Thank you!

Thank you very much! Just for the record: how large is the file?

madtheory wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:22 pm4. There is some cork-sniffing in the Fairlight community, generating illogical arguments about having to own a Fairlight before you are entitled to use these sounds. Luckily I am friendly with some Fairlight owners who think this is silly, and my thanks to them for helping with these sounds.
It's irrelevant what you or your Fairlight-using friends feel about the entitlement to use these samples. What is relevant is the current state of the licensing for said samples. What does that say?

There is no "licensing for said samples". Never was. So in fact it is relevant what they think, because that was the original spirit in which the library was created. It's a sampler, after all.

madtheory wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:29 pm There is no "licensing for said samples". Never was. So in fact it is relevant what they think, because that was the original spirit in which the library was created. It's a sampler, after all.
So there was never any copyright?

Are these royalty free and in the public domain or does some company/person own the copyright to the original samples?

Return to “Soundware”