UVI Drone

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Drone

Is there a trial / demo somewhere? Can't find one.

Seems similar to Scenic from Reason. Definitely interested, but want to mess around with it first. Also, doesn't look like you can use your own samples?

seems interesting, but i'd also like to demo.

18 gigs is sizeable.

It amazes me each time a plugin developer releases a plugin whose concept revolves around the use of samples, but where sample import is not allowed. In what way do you guys lose money if I buy the plugin but want to use my own samples? :ud:

They dont allow sample import so they can sell packs in the future. For me, thats total turn off and hence why I wont buy it.

boring product, sampleplayer like many NI products etc. UVI im disappointed.... there is already 2594284638 of those products :hihi:
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

This seems to be a library for UVI Workstation and Falcon 2 so while i have not tried this library/expansion myself in Falcon 2 it should be possible to add more and/or custom samples.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I'm wondering how they implemented the feedback loop. In the video they say they routed an auxiliary channel back into itself but I didn't think that possible in Falcon.

Looks awesome

HcDoom wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:53 pm They dont allow sample import so they can sell packs in the future. For me, thats total turn off and hence why I wont buy it.
Same. Total turn off. Wasted potential.

Who wouldn’t want to use their own samples in a plugin like this? :shrug: It looks really cool!

Ohlson_M wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:38 pm
HcDoom wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:53 pm They dont allow sample import so they can sell packs in the future. For me, thats total turn off and hence why I wont buy it.
Same. Total turn off. Wasted potential.

Who wouldn’t want to use their own samples in a plugin like this? :shrug: It looks really cool!
If you have Falcon, there's nothing this does that you can't do yourself, but you lose the nice GUI.

You're missing the whole value proposition of UVI: sample libraries. For those looking to use their own samples, move along there's nothign to see here. But in the context of sample library based instruments UVI is top tier. One of the problems though is they haven't built a way to offer demos so purchase decisions have to be absed on audio samples and videos. alas.

I absolutely love synth textures (especially by David Sylvian), and this UVI synth will give me exactly what I'm missing in my life!

Ohlson_M wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:50 pm It amazes me each time a plugin developer releases a plugin whose concept revolves around the use of samples, but where sample import is not allowed. In what way do you guys lose money if I buy the plugin but want to use my own samples? :ud:
I agree. I would have gotten BT Phobos if not for this.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

plexuss wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:27 pmOne of the problems though is they haven't built a way to offer demos so purchase decisions have to be based on audio samples and videos. alas.
In lieu of audio and video demos, UVI could offer a teaser library (10 presets to showcase the possibilities) which you could download as an unlocked UFS file to play in the free UVI workstation. I know it can be done because Acousticsamples gives away some free sound sets for UVI Workstation.

There are a number of sound set developers who are comfortable with giving away a small sample of their presets: e.g. Applied Acoustics Systems does this via the Swatches sound pack for its AAS Player plugin (the ten free presets per sound library has now grown to an impressive number of quality free presets); Joseph Hollo lets you download 10 or so free presets from each sample pack he is selling; Xenos Soundworks used to give away demo banks; etc.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Return to “Instruments”