UVI Drone

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Drone

While I agree with hating when you can't import your own samples, it wouldn't stop me from buying this if I needed it for my work because UVI's best asset is the quality of they're samples, so you're basically buying a sample library and getting a free plugin is the way to look at it.

Fortunately, UVI’s sample libraries are of high quality. No doubt about that. But still, imagine importing your own synth sounds etc in this and play around with it. The possibilities :)

RobGee wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:31 pm I'm wondering how they implemented the feedback loop. In the video they say they routed an auxiliary channel back into itself but I didn't think that possible in Falcon.
It's not possible for the end user. Yet ;)
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Ingonator wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:22 pm This seems to be a library for UVI Workstation and Falcon 2 so while i have not tried this library/expansion myself in Falcon 2 it should be possible to add more and/or custom samples.
Can anyone confirm that adding own samples is possible with Falcon 2 at least?

herewardcarrington wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:20 am
Ingonator wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:22 pm This seems to be a library for UVI Workstation and Falcon 2 so while i have not tried this library/expansion myself in Falcon 2 it should be possible to add more and/or custom samples.
Nop, this is not possible.
The preset is edit protected.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

Caine123 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:13 pm boring product, sampleplayer like many NI products etc. UVI im disappointed.... there is already 2594284638 of those products :hihi:
yeah? you think its like Pharlight and Straylight ?
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

otristan wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:13 am
herewardcarrington wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:20 am
Nop, this is not possible.
The preset is edit protected.
Sorry, but totally uninteresting product then.

otristan wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:51 am
RobGee wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:31 pm I'm wondering how they implemented the feedback loop. In the video they say they routed an auxiliary channel back into itself but I didn't think that possible in Falcon.
So how is that going to work if you open the preset in Falcon edit view and Falcon doesn't yet have that feature (or the harmonic effect)?

plexuss wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:27 pm You're missing the whole value proposition of UVI: sample libraries. For those looking to use their own samples, move along there's nothign to see here. But in the context of sample library based instruments UVI is top tier. One of the problems though is they haven't built a way to offer demos so purchase decisions have to be absed on audio samples and videos. alas.
Yes I agree. My point was that if someone wants to do their own samples in a similar engine, that's why Falcon exists. But if I'm doing cinematic or game work, I'd rather grab something like this for texture and pad generation.

I'm pretty sure that IS possible - in Lua. In fact, I'm fairly certain that this entire plugin could be 100% reproduced in Falcon with extensive scripting. Although whether all the APIs this would require are documented is another matter.

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:15 pm
So how is that going to work if you open the preset in Falcon edit view and Falcon doesn't yet have that feature (or the harmonic effect)?
The Feedback is there but cannot be created by the end user.
The harmonic effect can already be done by a falcon user by coupling some effect together.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

teilo wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:21 pm
I'm pretty sure that IS possible - in Lua. In fact, I'm fairly certain that this entire plugin could be 100% reproduced in Falcon with extensive scripting. Although whether all the APIs this would require are documented is another matter.
The feedback is not a script thing. You cannot do audio effect with the script.
Otherwise like all our product this can be done in Falcon by any user with enough scripting knowledge.
We use the same Falcon version to do our soundbank that you guys use.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

Thanks for the reply, I’ve been hoping feedback was implemented at some point as there’s so many great effects within Falcon. Hopefully this option is made available to us in a future update. It’s disappointing this is locked from editing in Falcon. I’ll have to check in future before purchasing.

otristan wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:36 pm
teilo wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:21 pm I'm pretty sure that IS possible - in Lua. In fact, I'm fairly certain that this entire plugin could be 100% reproduced in Falcon with extensive scripting. Although whether all the APIs this would require are documented is another matter.
The feedback is not a script thing. You cannot do audio effect with the script.
Otherwise like all our product this can be done in Falcon by any user with enough scripting knowledge.
We use the same Falcon version to do our soundbank that you guys use.
Good to know. Thanks!

HcDoom wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:53 pm They dont allow sample import so they can sell packs in the future. For me, thats total turn off and hence why I wont buy it.
I have to agree. Being able to use your own samples is one of the things I look for when similar things come out. And I don't know how I feel paying 100+ when it's just altogether missing.
Take care :wink:

Return to “Instruments”