IK Multimedia & Joe Satriani want to hear from you!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's pretty lame to diss Joe Satriani. He's extremely accomplished and he knows his shit.
He has his own signature Marshall amp, which is the main amp being modeled for AmpliTube Satch.
Come back and tell us how irrelevant Joe Satriani is when you have your own signature Marshall.

The JVM 410HJS is considered to be the single best amp Marshall has ever made by MANY people in the know, because it is capable of dialing in every classic Marshall tone from across Marshall's entire history, as well as the best clean tone from any Marshall of any era (most similar to the 30th Anniversary 6100 clean channel.) It was also the last amp developed by Marshall while Jim Marshall was alive.

The JVM 410HJS is as good as it is because of Satriani's direct involvement in its voicing. If he's bringing that ear and level of perfectionism to AmpliTube now, then AT Satch is going to be a game changer for IK. The long delay on it's release suggests that Joe isn't going to let them put his name on it until it's 100% there. The question now is if IK can actually deliver something that rises to Joe's standards, and how long that will take.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I just saw this update from Peter on the IK Forum:
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/vi ... 75#p103762
Peter_IK wrote:Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:17 pm We are close. We have to get this perfect for Joe, this is something that both Joe and IK feel needs to get exactly right and we will have news soon.
Really great news! :clap:
But... did Peter just tacitly admit that IK don't usually get their models perfect and exactly right? :o

February 8 - We expect to release AmpliTube Joe Satriani this month (February 2020)

March 3 - We are working hard with Joe to get the best possible tone which meets both Joe's and IK's very high standards (as well as respecting Joe's busy schedule with his recent hard work on releasing a new album). We appreciate your patience as it appears we will be releasing AmpliTube Joe Satriani in March. Stay tuned for more details.

April 14 - But we will have news for you soon on this.

April 21 - We will share a date when we can. It is almost ready, and we will share some news as soon as possible. Tentative dates are never great for anybody in my experience, we'll get it solidified and released soon.

June 10 - We are close. We have to get this perfect for Joe, this is something that both Joe and IK feel needs to get exactly right and we will have news soon.

Hate to be hanging by the nuts and have IK say they would be along to rescue you soon :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
Say NO to CLAP!

Wouldn't it be good if Pre-Orders worked the other way around, we got the product first, and they got their money soon :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
Say NO to CLAP!

Just keep demoing that unpurchased gear and be happy :)

Or switch to HW...
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

But I have no unpurchased gear.

I really don't want to drag the amps and cabs out of storage and mike up etc, that's one of the main reasons I went in the box, convenience, and getting old.

Although, nothing to do with the delay in the JS release, it would have likely happened anyway, I have mostly moved on from Amplitube to another software alternative (A couple actually) Still, curious to hear what it's like, and it's already paid for.
Say NO to CLAP!

I know, I hear ya.

I just got an analogue DI/Pre-amp that does sims too, small box, huge sound, not fired up AT recently at all apart from the tuner as I still don't have a HW solution yet for that.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

jamcat wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:20 am IK don't usually get their models perfect and exactly right? :o
You surprised? :hihi:

Distorted Horizon wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:25 am
jamcat wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:20 am IK don't usually get their models perfect and exactly right? :o
That Peter would admit that publicly?
Yes.

jamcat wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:00 am
That Peter would admit that publicly?
Yes.
That ik don't usually get their models perfect and right :hihi:

Hey complaining uhm kind people, did you notice there is/was a pandemic in between? Unbelievable that people didn't go to the office just to piss you off with a delayed plug in, outrageous!

Good lord, you're right!

FWIW.. I like the AT 4 stuff. I think its really good for the price. I probably won't get the JS pack as it's not really my kind of tones, but, I am looking forward to seeing what, or if, the JS involvement with IKM and this product may introduce in improvements to the core AT 4 product application. I am hoping it will result in a trickle down where any quality improvements updates also get added to their amp modeling and 3d mic tech. If we are to believe the hype that the delay is related to JS being picky and demanding better sound if they are to use his name.

We shall see.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Just like with AmpliTube Brian May where there was not only extreme attention paid by Brian himself but the new Wet/Dry/Wet setup having to be added to AmpliTube, so goes the AmpliTube Joe Satriani collection where we will not compromise on our own nor the artists' standards and are more concerned with getting it right than getting it out fast. Of course we all would love this to be out now, but it just isn't going to happen in this case. And of course we've taken the note on pre-orders as expectations and projections can sometimes just not factor in things that get thrown in the road as you travel down toward release. Even already factoring a lot of things into the projection, this one had additional and unexpected bumps in the road.

The patience is appreciated.

Also, I didn't admit that we don't always get our models perfect/right. I admitted that, just like with every single official collection (and every other gear model) there is a huge amount of work and like any other coding project it doesn't just magically get compiled into a perfect form the very first time. There's a lot going on under the hood and there are also many factors that affect the sound of any gear (this includes hardware). I hope that this also brings to light the massive amount of work and nuance that goes into creating analog modeled gear.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:14 pm Just like with AmpliTube Brian May where there was not only extreme attention paid by Brian himself but the new Wet/Dry/Wet setup having to be added to AmpliTube, so goes the AmpliTube Joe Satriani collection where we will not compromise on our own nor the artists' standards and are more concerned with getting it right than getting it out fast.
could you persevere with EVH and Gilmour about doing their respective Amplitube collections?

quarantine period is a perfect time for this. they're not touring, they're not making money or as much money as pre-corona, they got plenty of time on their hands, they'd love an easy cash grab like this.

Return to “Effects”